996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

17 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Aaaah the dentists old car! 

I nearly bought that, but procrastination got the better of me (as usual). Think it went for under $30k at the time @Tips

I'll pass at the moment thanks mate 👍😁

You could pay 1 Bitcoin instead 🥴

4 hours ago, Tips said:

@LeeM arena red 😉 maybe a tad optimistic on price for those km’s but engine rebuild and long term maintenance stuff done 

Check out this 1998 Porsche 911 Carrera 996 Manual On https://www.carsales.com.au.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1998-porsche-911-carrera-996-manual/SSE-AD-5946190

Engine rebuild, new clutch and flywheel, seems good buying to me in the current market. Location doesn’t help. Arena red never did it for me, until Jethro’s vid.

16 minutes ago, t888 said:

There was a time when that high kms would've been a very hard sell. Is the porsche community no longer scared of this kind of mileage for what is now a 23 year old car, or does the engine rebuild address the concern? 

My S2 had done 179000ks when I bought it, I had Buchannans do a comprehensive refresh (but no engine rebuild) & it pulled like a freight train for the 5 years I owned it, selling at 226000ks with zero issues.

I think if they're looked after they'll run for a very long time.

1 hour ago, t888 said:

There was a time when that high kms would've been a very hard sell. 

Well it didn't sell a few years back for high 20's, so does that answer the question?

Or is it the combination of , been to moon and back, shite colour interior and borderline shite exterior colour.

Seems like the CO is stuck with it for life and regrets the day he bought it.

14 minutes ago, Shedpest said:

Well it didn't sell a few years back for high 20's, so does that answer the question?

Or is it the combination of , been to moon and back, shite colour interior and borderline shite exterior colour.

Seems like the CO is stuck with it for life.

ouch......😀