996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

4 hours ago, JWM said:

Looks pretty nice! 134km, bit of recent work done, although no mention of IMS. Carsales.

9A4A36B1-1450-41E3-8DB4-FFDEC226D6CD.jpeg

Wow that’s a really nice looking 996, Vesuvio grey, the 997 wheels and a little lower on the sports suspension really set it off.

Love seeing great examples like this, photographed well. Really shows off the unadorned handsomeness of the original design.

12 hours ago, DT said:

Wow that’s a really nice looking 996, Vesuvio grey, the 997 wheels and a little lower on the sports suspension really set it off.

Love seeing great examples like this, photographed well. Really shows off the unadorned handsomeness of the original design.

I was thinking the same. Those wheels look so-so on a 997 (to me) but look fantastic on this 996.

The height is just right too. I actually think mine is a bit too low now, both in the looks and how hard it can hit a bad bump sometimes, made me think finding a new set of M030 springs to replace my eibach’s might be something to explore...

1 hour ago, JWM said:

I was thinking the same. Those wheels look so-so on a 997 (to me) but look fantastic on this 996.

The height is just right too. I actually think mine is a bit too low now, both in the looks and how hard it can hit a bad bump sometimes, made me think finding a new set of M030 springs to replace my eibach’s might be something to explore...

I don't know if it is just me but mine seems like it is sitting lower now. It looks great, but it doesn't like the big bumps too much.

image.png

1 hour ago, tomo said:

How  did you go@JLD have a look ?

Unfortunately I haven’t had time yet! I’m opening a new store on Wednesday so have been fitting it out as well as the original store still running so I’m stretched a little thin at the moment 

17 minutes ago, tomo said:

Let's just say that it'd be priced right if it had a gear-stick with a pattern on it ..

The market will speak but I'm tipping that it won't speak very loudly ...

57 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

Let's just say that it'd be priced right if it had a gear-stick with a pattern on it ..

The market will speak but I'm tipping that it won't speak very loudly ...

🥱

55 minutes ago, JLD said:

I agree. I like what he’s done with the tail lights, makes it look like just the red strip

Those lights are standard on the 4S .. 

I was once thinking of changing them to the LED looking ones but can't do it as it loses the red continuity ..

21 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

Those lights are standard on the 4S .. 

I was once thinking of changing them to the LED looking ones but can't do it as it loses the red continuity ..

No, I mean the tint of the white part of the tail lights so you can’t see the top half. So the whole back looks black with just a red strip

2BEE8D01-5215-4F0B-A46C-1D8AA76EFF28.jpeg

12 minutes ago, JLD said:

No, I mean the tint of the white part of the tail lights so you can’t see the top half. So the whole back looks black with just a red strip

2BEE8D01-5215-4F0B-A46C-1D8AA76EFF28.jpeg

Oh wow! ... i didn't  even notice that. 

Please disregard my former post .. 😅

47 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

Oh wow! ... i didn't  even notice that. 

Please disregard my former post .. 😅

No problem, I do know the 4S has the red strip! I’m surprised no one has put the PORSCHE lettering in properly like a G Series. I’d be curious to see how it would look if anyone knows how to photoshop??

47 minutes ago, JLD said:

No problem, I do know the 4S has the red strip! I’m surprised no one has put the PORSCHE lettering in properly like a G Series. I’d be curious to see how it would look if anyone knows how to photoshop??

I have seen it done and actually posted it up some time ago.

It was done in a reflective material and was quite subtle like on a 993. The only problem I found with it was that at night it looked like it would blind you and it didn't rock my boat ..

Screenshot_20210310-000112_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210310-000126_Samsung Internet.jpg

8 hours ago, Dreamr said:

I have seen it done and actually posted it up some time ago.

It was done in a reflective material and was quite subtle like on a 993. The only problem I found with it was that at night it looked like it would blind you and it didn't rock my boat ..

Screenshot_20210310-000112_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210310-000126_Samsung Internet.jpg

Off it looks ok, but on doesn’t do it for me either...

9 hours ago, Dreamr said:

I hadn’t realised that the Central Coast was a suburb of Western Sydney, being a Melbournian and all....

8 hours ago, Dreamr said:

It was done in a reflective material and was quite subtle like on a 993. The only problem I found with it was that at night it looked like it would blind you and it didn't rock my boat .

7 minutes ago, KGB said:

I hadn’t realised that the Central Coast was a suburb of Western Sydney, being a Melbournian and all....

I had a dream ... a dream that all people were created equal ... then you came along and created a divide.

Thanks dream crusher! ...

11 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

I had a dream ... a dream that all people were created equal ... then you came along and created a divide.

Go check out the edit war on which suburbs are in "Eastern Suburbs" and "North Shore" Wikipedia articles.

10 hours ago, Dreamr said:

That’s a Martin LED King quote!