996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting this is back up for sale within a fortnight by new owner. I was chasing this as a potential low ball if they were desperate to sell, HK car. Watched it go from $78 to $68 spoke to AH who did the servicing and they gave only a little info but had just completed major service. Interesting that the owner never disclosed replacement motor so still well overpriced in my opinion.

When it showed sold the owner advised me it had gone for a PPI (don’t know where) so then obviously sold.

I wonder what has surfaced either financially or mechanical? Trying to sell around the price it was purchased for.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-911-carrera-4s-cabriolet-996-manual-awd-my04/SSE-AD-7145424

4 minutes ago, tomo said:

His explanation  of the engine, Ims  and Clutch sound confused

I hold similar thoughts.  Having the engine replaced early in life does not negate the IMS issue (unless you're in the IMS sceptic group).  It only means that you've got a newer one that still needs something done at some point.  This engine will for sure be single row IMS and should be done as priority in my opinion.

Maybe the owner has baulked at the quote from Hamilton to do the IMS?  From memory Hamilton insist upon the replacement as a service item instead of implementing the oil fed solid bearing.  Maybe the current owner is not happy doing that every 50K?

On 12/04/2021 at 11:30, tomo said:

His explanation  of the engine, Ims  and Clutch sound confused or may be he is confused to what actually happened to the car.

My thought exactly, considering original seller didn’t mention and actually told me wasn’t sure of the IMS situation, now it’s not a problem......🙈
a bit like my quest for a hardtop. People’s opinion of what’s great condition to mine is very different. One was sitting outside in the weather for a month, mould and not disclosed before I drove to Newcastle, the other had a chunk of paint off it where he had ripped the black wrap that was put on it (not mentioned it was wrapped then tried to take it off before I got there😒) and still wanted full wack....... just makes me wonder....

On 12/11/2020 at 14:33, McLovin said:

Hey team,

Long time lurker turning into wanting to own.  Keen to find a clean early 996.  To get a sense of what I am trying to find, my ideal result it is an ocean jade base model manual with the original fried egg look but I would definitely consider clean and original over any specific spec.

Is there anything out there?

Cheers,

A year and 37k more

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1998-porsche-911-carrera-996-manual/OAG-AD-19669879?pageSource=details&id=OAG-AD-19669879

10 hours ago, michel said:

The hook is out, surely there's no one mad enough to pay $76k for that car :blink:

I suppose car yards have no scruples, but if I owned that business I'd be embarrassed to advertise at the level.

37 minutes ago, flamingporsche said:

Spent its whole time in Qld, but for sale in Sydney?

Yep it's been advertised a few times before in Cairns.  Must be last purchase was through wholesale somehow and now a dealer in Sydney is flogging it.

I think the price is meant for someone that REALLY likes Ocean Jade.

17 minutes ago, CapnHyaku said:

Yep it's been advertised a few times before in Cairns.  Must be last purchase was through wholesale somehow and now a dealer in Sydney is flogging it.

I think the price is meant for someone that REALLY likes Ocean Jade.

That would fit you up for about 83-86 k with Gst and stamp duty Wooahar.!

ocean jade is a thing of rare jewel beauty and clearly if we take @McLovin for his word even desirable for some.

I’ll admit to be quite taken by it and did try to negotiate to buy it from the seller, prior to purchasing ‘Klaus’ from  SA

he (pilot)  listed it last year on gum. 40k is what he wanted , but had no real recent service history but an honest car and had been in QLD since new and I understand d the dealer who bought it from said pilot had been fangin it about for the past year,  aside from time in workshop attending to deferred /needed servicing maintenance.

I offered 37. And despite not enthralled with black , and loving Ocean Jade , still more than glad I bought Ben’s modded fruity 996.2 over this. 

56 minutes ago, michel said:

I offered 37. And despite not enthralled with black , and loving Ocean Jade , still more than glad I bought Ben’s modded fruity 996.2 over this. 

No matter how much you might be loving the Ocean Jade, you did far better with that 996.2 choice, great looking car

38 minutes ago, CapnHyaku said:

Nothing a vinyl wrap can't fix.

After seeing @polorot's Ultra Violet RS at Luftwasser my wife reckons her next Boxster is going to be that colour.  Suspect that will have to be a wrap unless we happen on a lottery win and are able to order a new one PTS......

5 hours ago, michel said:

ocean jade is a thing of rare jewel beauty and clearly if we take @McLovin for his word even desirable for some.

I’ll admit to be quite taken by it and did try to negotiate to buy it from the seller, prior to purchasing ‘Klaus’ from  SA

he (pilot)  listed it last year on gum. 40k is what he wanted , but had no real recent service history but an honest car and had been in QLD since new and I understand d the dealer who bought it from said pilot had been fangin it about for the past year,  aside from time in workshop attending to deferred /needed servicing maintenance.

You are right, I adore it, but even my love has a $ limit.

4 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

I think this is an old listing from last year. Carsales glitch, or back with the same dealer?

Agree $90k is more than I would put down for a tip, but you can't fault its kms / condition.

That said, if it were manual where would it sit price wise. $100 - $110??