996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

This ... ahhh ... "unique" looking example has been reduced from 80k to 75k this morning. Moving in the right direction, but still a long way from sensible IMO.

Warning! Do NOT click the link if you are eating breakfast. Savannah Beige photos await on the other side.

I swear that green car was the first 996 I ever drove when it was at Collectable Classics in SA. Had a pearl white wrap and some suspension mods. Great car to drive if it is the same one

1 hour ago, the_sovereign_man said:

This ... ahhh ... "unique" looking example has been reduced from 80k to 75k this morning. Moving in the right direction, but still a long way from sensible IMO.

Warning! Do NOT click the link if you are eating breakfast. Savannah Beige photos await on the other side.

Call me crazy, but the only thing I don't like about this car is the gold wheels.

Oh, and the fact it's an import with no mentions of where it's from and how long it's been here ;)

Edit: I still think it's over priced though.

9 minutes ago, MichaelF said:

Call me crazy, but the only thing I don't like about this car is the gold wheels.

Like the gold, works well with the green.  In fact I'm thinking of repainting my black track wheels gold, which should still look OK on my Arctic Silver

2 hours ago, MichaelF said:

Oh, and the fact it's an import with no mentions of where it's from and how long it's been here ;)

Good spotting on the MPH speedo. The registration, if I'm guessing it correctly, also appears to be for a Commodore.

3 hours ago, the_sovereign_man said:

I don't mind the colour, it's everything else I find a bit polarising. 

Setting aside the import status, the car has a bucket-load of potential, it's purely the buy-in price.  Wheels would have to be the simplest thing in the world to rectify (I think a darker shade or a bronze would work too).  Get rid of the taco on the tail for a standard lid it's not a GT3.  You're either okay with savanna or you're not (I like it and prefer it to the hilux grey that came out), but you could tidy it a bit with a 3-spoke wheel and perhaps a leather knob and handbrake rather than the incongruous carbon fiber look (or is it wallnut?).  It is currently a $65k car if you can live with it as is, and a $60k car if you need to tidy it up.  But prices are really all over the place.

3 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Like the gold, works well with the green.  In fact I'm thinking of repainting my black track wheels gold, which should still look OK on my Arctic Silver

The current 17” 993 Cup II rims on my 996 are Weiss Gold against the Lapis Blue and Savanna interior, which I quite like as a combination. 
Colour  is of course though a personal preference..
I do however have a set of Euromeister GT2 replicas on back order..:)

3882F24A-4F78-4AAB-9C83-FB58FDABF786.jpeg

05299612-CA8E-41DE-BFF4-2E47CC42718D.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

You're either okay with savanna or you're not (I like it and prefer it to the hilux grey that came out)

I could live with savannah if it was two tone. There's just far too much of it in that cabin for my liking. And totally agree on the grey, it looks awful to my eye and ages poorly.

11 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

But prices are really all over the place.

Aren't they just! I think it's a bit of 'monkey see, monkey do' at the moment. The market will settle given time.

3 hours ago, MichaelF said:

Edit: I still think it's over priced though.

MPH speedo + green (but possibly once wrapped in white?) suggests an English car coming here via HK.

I do like its existing presentation - but I would be doing a lot of investigation  on its origins. 

Having imported UK cars before - NEVER AGAIN !!!

4 hours ago, the_sovereign_man said:

I could live with savannah if it was two tone. There's just far too much of it in that cabin for my liking. And totally agree on the grey, it looks awful to my eye and ages poorly.

What about colour coding the centre console to exterior green (Jungle Green?), OEM carbon fascia around the centre dash, keep the carbon gear knob but with a black alacantera boot, and upgrade the wheel to an alacantera GT3 look (keep all the original bits for the anoraks)?  You could get a bit fancy with a seating upgrade to GT3 replicas or getting the centres reupholstered in something interesting (tartan?). Seeing a speedo in miles would drive me nuts, so I'd also be on the look out for a KPH unit and have it re-flashed to correct mileage. 

The more I look at this interior, the more I think it's the walnut burl option package... Would have been flash as a rat with a gold tooth in in the day, but has aged poorly now.

I could live with this car - but now buy-in would have to be (a perhaps unrealistic ) $55k, as no matter what it's still an import with 175,000kms on the clock.

Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 5.03.28 pm.png

5 hours ago, crsedge said:

The current 17” 993 Cup II rims on my 996 are Weiss Gold against the Lapis Blue and Savanna interior, which I quite like as a combination. 
Colour  is of course though a personal preference..
I do however have a set of Euromeister GT2 replicas on back order..:)

3882F24A-4F78-4AAB-9C83-FB58FDABF786.jpeg

05299612-CA8E-41DE-BFF4-2E47CC42718D.jpeg

Could be a yellow card.

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Oi, I spent hours on that! 

I didn’t even realise it had been photoshopped! I thought it was a photo of an entirely different car. You should join one of those JDM forums and “slam” some sick Nissan dream cars for the bois