Jump to content
MARTY

996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

Recommended Posts

On 02/01/2022 at 15:50, kov said:

There was one advertised at a dealer pre covid with no pics that sold in a day. Circa mid 70’s with under 100k on the clock 

About four or five years ago there were two advertised at the same time. In the 60k region if memory serves me correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Interesting bidding thus far... 

Over reserve (should hope so) with almost another day yet to go..? 

https://www.grays.com/lot/0001-20080251/classic-cars/1998-porsche-carrera-911-automatic-coupe?spr=true

 

What is that thing?

Add says 3.8L, Photos have 3.6L

If it is a 98/ shouldn't it be a 3.4L? Or is this a a Turbo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, AndrewM said:

What is that thing?

Add says 3.8L, Photos have 3.6L

If it is a 98/ shouldn't it be a 3.4L? Or is this a a Turbo?

Frankenstein’s monster?

I’d guess the 3.4 blew up at some point and he had it rebuilt into a 3.8

A lot of money for a mongrel, IMO…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, AndrewM said:

that thing

Bingo ^^

It's like a Kinder surprise. 

You pays your $100k, then hope you like what's inside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was discussed  a few pages back, Did not some one meet the 0wner of the car ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think bidder got their numbers and fingers mixed up😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, tomo said:

This was discussed  a few pages back, Did not some one meet the 0wner of the car ?

That was me. It was on Grays before Christmas and was referred at $58k if I recall correctly. Reserve looked like low $60s.

hmmmm, $100k?? Looks like a waste of time bidder and there is a lot of them on Grays,

Grays do not have any way to make the bidders accountable. I tried to sell my '73 T with them few years back and it was a painful experience. Had 2 non-paying bidders who wasted months for me and Grays did nothing to penalise them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha. Why would anyone question $100k for that. It is obviously a 991GT3RS isn't it?

 

 

 

 

That is a bone stock 3.4 auto by the way. 100% not a 3.8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, MFX said:

Haha. Why would anyone question $100k for that. It is obviously a 991GT3RS isn't it?

 

 

 

 

That is a bone stock 3.4 auto by the way. 100% not a 3.8.

The registration paper photos shown mention 3.6 but that doesn't mean that is correct either 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rafikdous said:

That was me. It was on Grays before Christmas and was referred at $58k if I recall correctly. Reserve looked like low $60s.

 

Did the Bloke you met mention the engine capacity,? Just  curious 🤔 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tomo said:

Did the Bloke you met mention the engine capacity,? Just  curious 🤔 

Didn't get into it. It was only a few minutes chat mainly about the 991 front upgrade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone seen any C4S coupe manuals pop up lately?  Friend of a friend is chasing (probably tyre kicking I dunno)...  I've suggested prices may be north of $115k now (based on my insurer not batting an eyelid when I asked for $110k coverage this year).  But haven't seen any moving in the public space for months now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fishcop said:

Anyone seen any C4S coupe manuals pop up lately?  Friend of a friend is chasing (probably tyre kicking I dunno)...  I've suggested prices may be north of $115k now (based on my insurer not batting an eyelid when I asked for $110k coverage this year).  But haven't seen any moving in the public space for months now.

 

You'd be right John ..

Hasn't been one traded publicly for quite a few months now. The last one I know of was probably 2 or 3 months.

And yep .. would concur with $115k +

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Manuals would always seem to be  $10-20k more than equivalent Tiptronic. 

The latest listing ai have noticed is a Tiptronic at Duttons:

https://duttongarage.com/Porsche-Carrera-S~126739

 

I looked at that the Friday before going up to Winton, was a little surprised by that value which I thought would have been more aligned with a manual per Luzzo's comment.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

I looked at that the Friday before going up to Winton, was a little surprised by that value which I thought would have been more aligned with a manual per Luzzo's comment.....

The have uped it 10 k was@ 120 for a fair time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

PFA [Porsche Forum Australia]

This is an online platform for like-minded Porsche fans/fanatics/tragics to come together to read, chat and share.

It is also a platform to arrange and participate in off-line social meet-ups, events and drives.

×
×
  • Create New...