996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

35 minutes ago, Tips said:

yep found a knob that needs to take note of your sales strategy Edgy............... photo shopping your high milage tipper cab into weird places does nothing for the sales campaign..........😳

.e5j08zjmzvksto0ubyq4cmw2r.jpg?pxc_method=limitfill&pxc_bgtype=self&pxc_size=720,360

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1999-porsche-911-carrera-cabriolet-996-auto/SSE-AD-7307028/?Cr=2

Should ask if there’s any rust from the salt water…

45 minutes ago, MFX said:

New 996 coupe manual on the market. Will be interesting to watch as it says in is on it's second engine and has no mention of IMS, etc. Still big $$ at $76.5k.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2001-porsche-911-carrera-996-manual/SSE-AD-12339161/?Cr=1 

I wonder if it has the 3.6L now. The replacement engine shouldn’t be a deterrent from a potential buyer, given it’s a warranty job likely due to IMS failure. 

I wonder what year it was replaced. Can’t have done to many KMs over the last 10 plus years since replacement. 

1 hour ago, MFX said:

New 996 coupe manual on the market. Will be interesting to watch as it says in is on it's second engine and has no mention of IMS, etc. Still big $$ at $76.5k.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2001-porsche-911-carrera-996-manual/SSE-AD-12339161/?Cr=1 

Probably about right for a 3.4 Series 1 with non matching numbers engine.

1 minute ago, NAC911 said:

Technically that's illegal. 

Yes, but you would think that the if  the original motor come from Porsche and they replace it under warranty their would be some sort of number system to match it to the car, As they have code's down the to the last washer, Just saying.

11 minutes ago, tomo said:

Yes, but you would think that the if  the original motor come from Porsche and they replace it under warranty their would be some sort of number system to match it to the car, As they have code's down the to the last washer, Just saying.

I think the factory replacement motors all have numbers beginning with “AT”, from memory

On 06/02/2022 at 18:01, Carrera28 said:

As someone who owns a 996.1 which has a glove box, has cup holders (like this matters - but there you go), has a leather dash and has leather door trims I will keep reiterating the blanket statements about the 996 are misleading. 

It comes down to the specification of the original buyer and many of the things that it gets panned for were common; but they are not universal truths and with patience it is possible to buy a 996.1 with a nice interior which is all leather and which is an entirely pleasant place to be with no nasty plastic.

I do not have the glove box, I do have cup holders that clip into the air vents and I have leather door trims, dash etc.  I agree that the original spec makes a huge difference. Full black leather interior in a 996.1 is a nice place to be.

On 09/02/2022 at 20:36, MFX said:

What the very few advertised cars are asking is not necessarily a fair indication of price. For example the C4 manual Coupe at $82k has been sitting for quite a while now where other more sharply priced cars have come and gone. The $78k blue C2 manual that was up last week with half the kms, came and went pretty quickly.

Here's something to bend your brain then .... If that C4 manual Coupe wasn't priced at $82k then the other cars would not have seemed as sharply priced and would not have sold as quickly.

4 hours ago, the_sovereign_man said:

Here's something to bend your brain then .... If that C4 manual Coupe wasn't priced at $82k then the other cars would not have seemed as sharply priced and would not have sold as quickly.

That is a good point ;)

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, NAC911 said:

Manual 996.2 C2's are thin on the ground.

A new one has popped up:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2001-porsche-911-carrera-996-manual-my02/SSE-AD-12412901/?Cr=0

You'll need a magnifying glass to see the pics and there's no information about it in the description... 

Come on man, I would have thought the most interesting part of the ad was the Nintendo 🤔🤣

• 2 weeks later...