996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

As a Grumpy Old Man, I now drive an automatic Volvo of all vehicles as a daily... 

But interestingly, Volvo have an 'orange key' which a part from the usual secure dongle/remote function is also programmable as a 'kids key' - that is to say when that key is used to operate the car, a whole bunch of functionality is restricted such as the entertainment system, acceleration mapping, top speed, and I'm told can even be time restricted/daylight hours etc... 'Bad behaviour' is downloadable for later discussion.

My son doesn't yet drive (not far off though) and part of me really likes some 'parental control' over how he drives when he's on his own - but I also know you learn by mistakes too, I just don't want those mistakes to be catastrophic.  And as no one else takes responsibility - my kid will be getting the track days and advanced skills courses for his birthday, stuff that really should be mandatory for new drivers.

2 hours ago, Fishcop said:

Any idea of price?

Sometimes I’ve heard a price then it goes up differently on Carsales so was going to hold off mentioning, but it was $160k… only 30,xxx km….

Thoughts from the team?

I might take a look at it … I guess it’s like new with these km’s … but that’s turbo money in my book?

46 minutes ago, JWM said:

Sometimes I’ve heard a price then it goes up differently on Carsales so was going to hold off mentioning, but it was $160k… only 30,xxx km….

Thoughts from the team?

I might take a look at it … I guess it’s like new with these km’s … but that’s turbo money in my book?

Wow, 30,XXX kms is remarkably low!  It's double edged, a car with such low kms and presumably excellent condition make you reluctant to drive them.  $160k could get you into a nice Turbo driver...

On 06/03/2022 at 11:07, Fishcop said:

Well if we're posting up $90k plus slushbox 996s - this C4 is local to me in Port Mac if anyone wants it looked at... I like the interesting colour combo, body coded centre console and sport seats...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/495646528756397/?ref=saved&referral_code=null

Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 11.03.22 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 11.05.34 am.png

After 6 weeks languishing, this car is now creeping down into market value range - currently $75k.  Considering the hard back sportseats and console are colour coded in that cool exterior colour, I find this C4 a bit more appealing than the current crop of standard auto C2 996s.  We all know to factor in the bearing (which the ad makes no reference to).  The car is in my home town (though I've never seen it), but I'm happy to take a squiz if any members here are tempted... I've zero affiliation.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/port-macquarie/cars-vans-utes/1999-porsche-911-carrera-4-automatic-coupe/1290494828

13 hours ago, Fishcop said:

After 6 weeks languishing, this car is now creeping down into market value range - currently $75k.  Considering the hard back sportseats and console are colour coded in that cool exterior colour, I find this C4 a bit more appealing than the current crop of standard auto C2 996s.  We all know to factor in the bearing (which the ad makes no reference to).  The car is in my home town (though I've never seen it), but I'm happy to take a squiz if any members here are tempted... I've zero affiliation.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/port-macquarie/cars-vans-utes/1999-porsche-911-carrera-4-automatic-coupe/1290494828

Hardback seats on a tip makes me think it’s a UK car… of course I could be wrong!

• 4 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Sherpa said:

Let’s be clear, this is now the price of .2 C2 tippers. Let there be no more discussion on the matter 😅

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-porsche-911-carrera-996-auto-my03/OAG-AD-20780260/

I’ll be considering all offers over $100k for mine 😁

Seriously on drugs… if anyone pays that, I’ll be impressed! There may also be a 997 C2 tip for sale if they do sell it 

16 minutes ago, edgy said:

Seriously on drugs… if anyone pays that, I’ll be impressed! There may also be a 997 C2 tip for sale if they do sell it 

BTW, hows your tipper ownership so far. ? still enjoying it ?

7 minutes ago, DM911 said:

BTW, hows your tipper ownership so far. ? still enjoying it ?

Great! Drive it everyday… only thing that would make it complete is a PCCM+ from Porsche… which has been leaked and apparently launching this year. 👍 

had enough of clutch leg? 

49 minutes ago, edgy said:

Great! Drive it everyday… only thing that would make it complete is a PCCM+ from Porsche… which has been leaked and apparently launching this year. 👍 

had enough of clutch leg? 

Glad you are having fun. Getting my legs stronger by seeing a physiotherapist. Not giving up on the stick (yet) 🤣.

14 hours ago, CapnHyaku said:

This is a new one?

Yes it will be coming for 997.1 

While the PCCM looks great there are lots of posts about it claiming poor reliability. Yet after market headunits haven't had their design improved since 1990, tiny led coloured buttons, etc. 

49 minutes ago, t888 said:

Yes it will be coming for 997.1 

While the PCCM looks great there are lots of posts about it claiming poor reliability. Yet after market headunits haven't had their design improved since 1990, tiny led coloured buttons, etc. 

I decided against the PCCM+ after the early reviews and ended up putting a Sony AX1000 in because it was the only one on the market I could find with a physical volume dial and no coloured buttons. It doesn’t look out of place in the cabin.

8CBCA5C9-5C09-44E1-9988-55E74C84F052.jpeg

44 minutes ago, Sherpa said:

I decided against the PCCM+ after the early reviews and ended up putting a Sony AX1000 in because it was the only one on the market I could find with a physical volume dial and no coloured buttons. It doesn’t look out of place in the cabin.

Nice find,that doesn't look too bad at all. The surrounding trim plate helps as well. 

4 hours ago, Sherpa said:

How do you find apple car play , maps etc?

oh and have you connected the rear cam?

4 hours ago, Joz said:

How do you find apple car play , maps etc?

oh and have you connected the rear cam?

My last car had CarPlay and now I couldn’t live without it. So this was one of the first things I did when I got the car.

I haven’t installed the rear cam yet. Mostly because I watched @MFX ‘s video installing one on his and then decided I just couldn’t be arsed with the effort involved 😅

In my defence: I have the Bose optic audio in mine, so there was already a whole other layer of fucking around on the install already 😬 I had to choose my battles…

22 hours ago, Sherpa said:

My last car had CarPlay and now I couldn’t live without it. So this was one of the first things I did when I got the car.

I haven’t installed the rear cam yet. Mostly because I watched @MFX ‘s video installing one on his and then decided I just couldn’t be arsed with the effort involved 😅

In my defence: I have the Bose optic audio in mine, so there was already a whole other layer of fucking around on the install already 😬 I had to choose my battles…

If you install a wireless one it would be easier, but I am not sure on how it gets powered, etc. I do know running the cable from the front to the back is a royal pain in the a$$.