996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

3 minutes ago, D2000 said:

I don't think there is any risk of it being bargain of the century... !

A PCar bargain is the equivalent of a single girl at a swingers party ?

19 minutes ago, dan_189 said:

Agree, two years is too long, guess that's what happens when you have non-enthusiast owners who also install big stereos and 19" wheels... 

Although I like white, seems to come back into fashion every few years...

Yeah, it was the colour that had me interested

On 7/20/2018 at 5:48 PM, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

Gents if anyone is looking in WA, this one looks like great value: https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2005/SSE-AD-5540607

Congrats on the sale Dave.

Sold for high 70s last week. Looks like it was snapped up by a dealer.

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2005/OAG-AD-16244235

5 hours ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

Sold for high 70s last week. Looks like it was snapped up by a dealer.

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2005/OAG-AD-16244235

Ha Ha - quick Flip

BUT it only works if you can onsell it - is there anybody left in WA who has enough spare cash to buy an overpriced 997 ????

8 minutes ago, TOMB said:

That changed hands within the last few years, not a fan of the aftermarket tail lights or the MK1 side skirts on a MK2. 

37 minutes ago, TOMB said:

Getting towards 997 pricing and even C4S pricing

1 hour ago, TOMB said:

Now discos sold for 70k which is a pretty decent number considering km and condition. Worth the number in my opinion, but 75k for this ? 

57 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Ok I’m really considering that C2 man coupe now - the one with the horrible wing. Has anyone looked at it properly? I get the feeling there’s something wrong with it - given no one has touched it. 

Its just had a price drop to $39,900 

2 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Ok I’m really considering that C2 man coupe now - the one with the horrible wing. Has anyone looked at it properly? I get the feeling there’s something wrong with it - given no one has touched it. 

"upgraded recently to the series 2 3.6 litre motor with only about 15,000kms"

It has had a new engine - with all the pros (new engine) and cons (not original) that comes with... I always assumed it was sitting due to that + the worries of how an owner who would drive a car with a wing like that treated it... ?

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

Yeah, I saw that. Does my memory serve me correctly- was this car up for ~35k earlier this year?

I think it’s been $45k, $42.5k and now $39990

that replacement engine seems to be killing it.

It does seem that way. I recall an earlier post about this car stating that the non matching numbers aspect would affect its value vs a matching numbers car. I just wondered if anyone knew of any other gremlin that might be holding it back. The guy selling it seemed ok.

7 hours ago, Morpheus said:

It does seem that way. I recall an earlier post about this car stating that the non matching numbers aspect would affect its value vs a matching numbers car. I just wondered if anyone knew of any other gremlin that might be holding it back. The guy selling it seemed ok.

No personal experience with the car and at the current price seems like good value. One thing I noticed in one of the pics from the inside of the car (pic 17) looks like the sunroof may not sit properley. Also I wonder how easily that carbon interior wrap comes off without damaging the trim