MARTY

996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

8 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Yep way too harsh on the points you listed. Aside any other factor of the car, he says amazing cond, its a popular colour, has very good ks and book says service every 2 years or 20k and major every 4 years ….. lots on here get hung up on yearly servicing which is not mandatory for many of the like of this

Agree with you lots on here get hung up on servicing intervals.  Me thinks  buy on condition vs price equation and I always build in 5k on any second hand euro on top of the purchase price. E.g. start off fixing mechanicals noted in the ppi along i with a major service  and replace  aged rubber bits and known preventative maintenance items specific to the model your buying. 

8 hours ago, smit2100 said:

Agree with you lots on here get hung up on servicing intervals.  Me thinks  buy on condition vs price equation and I always build in 5k on any second hand euro on top of the purchase price. E.g. start off fixing mechanicals noted in the ppi along i with a major service  and replace  aged rubber bits and known preventative maintenance items specific to the model your buying. 

We all know that 2yrs / 20,000 kms is way too long for these cars and when the guy is unwilling to negotiate regardless of condition reports etc I am comfortable with my decision to walk away. Plus I know I am not the only potential purchaser who has balked at this car. Good luck to anyone here who buys it, it could be the bargain of the century, but then again it might not. 

44 minutes ago, Dave986 said:

We all know that 2yrs / 20,000 kms is way too long for these cars and when the guy is unwilling to negotiate regardless of condition reports etc I am comfortable with my decision to walk away. Plus I know I am not the only potential purchaser who has balked at this car. Good luck to anyone here who buys it, it could be the bargain of the century, but then again it might not. 

Agree, two years is too long, guess that's what happens when you have non-enthusiast owners who also install big stereos and 19" wheels... 

Although I like white, seems to come back into fashion every few years...

1 hour ago, Dave986 said:

I don't think there is any risk of it being bargain of the century... !

Guys don’t get hung up on the 2 years/20000km issue.  There is much much more important indicators of condition than someone following the recommend factory servicing schedule of that era.

3 minutes ago, D2000 said:

I don't think there is any risk of it being bargain of the century... !

A PCar bargain is the equivalent of a single girl at a swingers party ?

19 minutes ago, dan_189 said:

Agree, two years is too long, guess that's what happens when you have non-enthusiast owners who also install big stereos and 19" wheels... 

Although I like white, seems to come back into fashion every few years...

Yeah, it was the colour that had me interested

1 hour ago, Dave986 said:

A PCar bargain is the equivalent of a single girl at a swingers party ?

???

On 7/20/2018 at 5:48 PM, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

Gents if anyone is looking in WA, this one looks like great value: https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2005/SSE-AD-5540607

Congrats on the sale Dave.

Sold for high 70s last week. Looks like it was snapped up by a dealer.

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2005/OAG-AD-16244235

5 hours ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

Sold for high 70s last week. Looks like it was snapped up by a dealer.

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2005/OAG-AD-16244235

Ha Ha - quick Flip

BUT it only works if you can onsell it - is there anybody left in WA who has enough spare cash to buy an overpriced 997 ????

8 minutes ago, TOMB said:

That changed hands within the last few years, not a fan of the aftermarket tail lights or the MK1 side skirts on a MK2. 

37 minutes ago, TOMB said:

Getting towards 997 pricing and even C4S pricing

1 hour ago, TOMB said:

Now discos sold for 70k which is a pretty decent number considering km and condition. Worth the number in my opinion, but 75k for this ? 

Ok I’m really considering that C2 man coupe now - the one with the horrible wing. Has anyone looked at it properly? I get the feeling there’s something wrong with it - given no one has touched it. 

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:43 PM, PDean said:

Now discos sold for 70k which is a pretty decent number considering km and condition. Worth the number in my opinion, but 75k for this ? 

144000 kms for $75K ..... ooofft!! :Confused02:

57 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Ok I’m really considering that C2 man coupe now - the one with the horrible wing. Has anyone looked at it properly? I get the feeling there’s something wrong with it - given no one has touched it. 

Its just had a price drop to $39,900 

46 minutes ago, James P said:

Its just had a price drop to $39,900 

Yeah, I saw that. Does my memory serve me correctly- was this car up for ~35k earlier this year?