MARTY

996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

1 hour ago, Gas said:

What does everyone think the 40th anniversary is worth? I think anything in the 70’s is optimistic let alone 84k...

14 minutes ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

On the one hand I think the X51 option was $15k when new. And if you're going to collect a 996, this would be the one.

On the other, $84k buys lots of other toys.

I think the car sales one is an 80k car all day long and surprised it hasn't sold. X51 option was 21k and a terrific option with so many improvements over standard - and hardly any buyers ticked the box on a standard C2 car 996 or 997. 80K puts it against the 997.1 C2 and just over the 996c4s. I know what I'd choose all day long. And it's rare.

2 hours ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

On the one hand I think the X51 option was $15k when new. And if you're going to collect a 996, this would be the one.

On the other, $84k buys lots of other toys.

Not sure it is the one to collect. I would have thought early 996.1 C2 was the go - original headlights and not e gas

26 minutes ago, Dave986 said:

If the white one falls through, there is always this. Light on details and interior shots

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F202398031098

IMO - Ditch all the aftermarket body kit cr**, headlight covers and rims and it could be decent. 

33 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Very nice, though the auto would put me off personally

Oops, didn’t even see the auto bit!!

13 minutes ago, D2000 said:

Nope. 

I’ve been busy at work and I was about to call Buiks to plan a PPI over lunch.

Oh well, it wasn’t meant to be!

Good luck to who ever grabbed it. 

1 hour ago, edgy said:

I really think this is cool... not sure what it says about me, but hey... here you go

0c2fb4ff158519c7beaf87b3fdbd6711.jpg?pxc

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/OAG-AD-16177923/?Cr=12 

To quote Kath & Kim...”nice, different, unusual”

6 minutes ago, JWM said:

This seems very well looked after. Really don’t know if I’d end up regretting buying a tip instead of holding out for a manual though ? https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2003/SSE-AD-5578134

Price seems “ok”... Maybe $50k and it would be “good buy”?

You would (regret it). If you want manual buy manual

16 minutes ago, D2000 said:

You would (regret it). If you want manual buy manual

All comes down to how much you're prepared to pay for a manual.  I was in the same boat and basically it came down to a manual being $10k above my budget.  $55k for IMS done compares to what I paid (for one without IMS done), presumably a bit of room for negotiation so you could come out right.  Having said that, if my budget was higher, I would have bought one of the manuals that have been available for around $60k.

27 minutes ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

What's the story behind this one? Why did it need an engine rebuild at 130,000 kms?

Coz it was f....d maybe? ?

12 hours ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

I was under the impression that the turbo engines were super reliable. Bulletproof some might say!

https://www.evo.co.uk/porsche/911-turbo/14042/porsche-996-turbo-buying-checkpoints

Yeah - I wondered about this too.

OK, so it went into the workshop for a gearbox fix (that the Factory caused??) and ended up with a motor rebuild as well. Signs of a very hard early life?

7 hours ago, Zelrik911 said:

Yeah - I wondered about this too.

OK, so it went into the workshop for a gearbox fix (that the Factory caused??) and ended up with a motor rebuild as well. Signs of a very hard early life?

Perhaps one of the past owners was a boost junkie. How else do you kill a drive train in 130,000 kms?

6 hours ago, firstone said:

I imagine a ph call to autohaus would clear it up.

Where's the fun in that?