996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

43 minutes ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

Calling tomorrow. Wish me luck.

If it's still available, is there anyone in Radelaide willing to kick some tyres?

@LeeM May be able to help you, although he might also be interested in it!

5 hours ago, Gas said:

That colour is beaut. 

The only other C4 that’s sat on CS is the black one, with twice as many kms and the bloke wants more for it. It’s been there for a while.

GLWP @KeyboardWarrior77

17 hours ago, Gas said:

Car was sold ?... In 2012!

This is the ad from back then, hence the rego expiring in Dec 2012.

The seller accidentally re-listed the car yesterday through the CS app when he was trying to list his wife's car.

Now he can't remove the ad, and CS support are not responding.

Oh well... The hunt continues.

10 hours ago, LeeM said:

Wasn't that much cheaper not that long ago? 

I've been looking for a C2 manual for about 18 months & I can't recall seeing this one before.

Spoke to the seller, he said it hasn't been serviced since 2015. When it was in for the service (at TD automotive), the mechanic checked the IMS bearing and said it was fine.

Wondering how you would check a sealed bearing.

Are there any give-away signs that it has been tracked? Beside a fire extinguisher.

6 minutes ago, Nugget said:

Spoke to the seller, he said it hasn't been serviced since 2015. When it was in for the service (at TD automotive), the mechanic checked the IMS bearing and said it was fine.

What that means is that the IMS hasn't yet self-destructed at the moment the mechanic looked at it.

35 minutes ago, Nugget said:

I believe the most common check is by cutting the oil filter and/or analysing the oil looking for metal shavings. 

You need to do regular oil changes and compare to previous in order to catch a bearing in the act of self destructing.

1 hour ago, Nugget said:

I've been looking for a C2 manual for about 18 months & I can't recall seeing this one before.

Are there any give-away signs that it has been tracked? Beside a fire extinguisher.

I spoke to him too. Apparently last owner was a Porsche mechanic who installed the extinguisher and s badges. So assume it’s seen a track day or two, not that that’s a bad thing. Probably was better serviced with the last owner than the current

1 hour ago, Gas said:

I spoke to him too. Apparently last owner was a Porsche mechanic who installed the extinguisher and s badges. So assume it’s seen a track day or two, not that that’s a bad thing. Probably was better serviced with the last owner than the current

Seller told me the previous owner was an aircraft engineer.

I wouldn't buy a car if it had been tracked because the drive train is going to cop too much abuse.

Thanks for replies, but I think its overpriced and there's something not right with it.