996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 15:18, JWM said:

I know the owner.

He buys and sells through them regularly. It's a nice car.

He has three cars for sale there at the moment.

He just bought a 991.2 from them.

47 minutes ago, Tips said:

Was just chatting with a contact at Dutton’s who now own CTS and he said you would be surprised at how many cars they recycle for customers through trade ups or cash in situations. 

They currently have my old Ferrari 328 GTS for sale.

The owner bought it from them, when I sold it, via the CTS.

The same cars are bought and resold regularly through them.

Cheers,

Geoff. 

Better value proposition at $58K - rebuilt engine or top end at least, and I'll assume clutch and the while your in there stuff given the $25K bills .... the way I like my 20 year old and 150+Kilo cars ...

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/OAG-AD-16584363/?Cr=58

48 minutes ago, JulianG said:

Better value proposition at $58K - rebuilt engine or top end at least, and I'll assume clutch and the while your in there stuff given the $25K bills .... the way I like my 20 year old and 150+Kilo cars ...

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/OAG-AD-16584363/?Cr=58

Looks like a nice car & a good buy with the sports seats.. maybe the engine mounts need replacing given the gap between the exhaust tips &  bumper  

1 hour ago, James P said:

Looks like a nice car & a good buy with the sports seats.. maybe the engine mounts need replacing given the gap between the exhaust tips &  bumper  

Think you are spot on about engine mounts Jason they don’t look right like that.

16 hours ago, JulianG said:

Looks nice on those wheels, although 190k i'd say there are components that would be tired.

+996 on the mounts they need to be changed - they are probably the originals 

15 minutes ago, dan_189 said:

Looks nice on those wheels, although 190k i'd say there are components that would be tired.

+996 on the mounts they need to be changed - they are probably the originals 

Odd that you'd do an engine rebuild and not replace the mounts at the same time if they were worn...

27 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Nice looking car. I can have a look if anyone needs me to. Or maybe that's a bad idea and I trade mine in on it. Perfect combination silver n black

@James P are the engine mounts easy to see? I might be near there later today

You can see the top of the mounts but the part where they sag is hard to see without pulling things apart, the exhaust tips should be a lot closer to the bar

IMG_0033_zpsfiuguw1l.jpg

Go on trade in the old air-cooled thing for some proper driving & working 911 B) all it needs is M030 suspension & its the same as mine..

19 hours ago, JulianG said:

What is the thoughts on pricing for this car? I think it's a bit over, still trying to recoup the cost of an engine rebuild? Nice car though....

4 minutes ago, Hunter Porsche said:

What is the thoughts on pricing for this car? I think it's a bit over, still trying to recoup the cost of an engine rebuild? Nice car though....

Providing IMS was done with rebuild, I would have thought that a reasonable value, given the kms it has done, would be somewhere in region of $52.5 - $55k

57 minutes ago, James P said:

Go on trade in the old air-cooled thing for some proper driving & working 911 B) all it needs is M030 suspension & its the same as mine..

5 months ago I may have, though as I now have 3 points left, it's probably a bad idea to do that mate ?? 

55 minutes ago, Hunter Porsche said:

Id say $55k is about the right price.. My 996 C2 has the same kms & still feels & drives like new with the appropriate maintenance done along the way 

Sounds OK on price given the engine work. I bought my 1999 C2 in mid 40's then had the IMS solution, brakes, and a few other things "while they were in there", so buying one with nothing done is not going to end up cheap. The car I bought had Aero Kit and GT3 suspension but would owe me around what this one is advertised for.  Manual 996's are getting harder to find so this one looks to be "reasonable".  

I think Lee should buy it...

17 minutes ago, PhilH said:

Happy to meet you and you can drive mine up to Hahndorf tonight mate.....just to get the feel of a good 996!

Thanks for the generous offer, but I'll respectfully decline mate. 

I don't need more 'Do I want a 996' thoughts in my head after getting mine back ?

On 06/11/2018 at 16:47, JulianG said:

Very nice looking 996. Just goes to show how good a mk1 can look when photographed well. Engine mounts are a cheap and quick fix. With the engine rebuild, if the rest of the car checks out I'd say 55k is great value.

On 07/11/2018 at 14:44, DT said:

Very nice looking 996. Just goes to show how good a mk1 can look when photographed well. Engine mounts are a cheap and quick fix. With the engine rebuild, if the rest of the car checks out I'd say 55k is great value.

Wow. i haven't been around this thread in awhile decided to check back in, wow 55k for 190k kms 996.1, seems like prices have definitely shot up in the last year huh. i guess a full rebuild helps, but all the other bits will be 190k kms?

wasn't too long ago a car like that was  .. 35k. 

anyway happy at the way prices are going! 

On 06/11/2018 at 16:17, JulianG said:

I had a non in-depth look at this today (sorry, I did t have much time). Looks to be a nice n tidy car worth the consideration for a ppi 

I can probably head back there Saturday morning if anyone wants me to 

1 hour ago, JLD said:

Obviously the seller doesn’t know much about the car he is selling I’d of thought it would be a 3.4 as well as not being the obvious typo on the model and good luck with the price.