Jump to content
MARTY

996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

White 911 with the $7k stereo in Adelaide has been marked sold on CS.

Is it time to say congrats @Dave986? Did he accept your offer?

Nope, not me. I don't reckon it's sold. I bet it pops up again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ScottyP said:

Pretty sure CTS sold this same car 18-months ago. Advertised price at the time was $85k. 

Was just chatting with a contact at Dutton’s who now own CTS and he said you would be surprised at how many cars they recycle for customers through trade ups or cash in situations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 15:18, JWM said:

I know the owner.

He buys and sells through them regularly. It's a nice car.

He has three cars for sale there at the moment.

He just bought a 991.2 from them.

47 minutes ago, Tips said:

Was just chatting with a contact at Dutton’s who now own CTS and he said you would be surprised at how many cars they recycle for customers through trade ups or cash in situations. 

They currently have my old Ferrari 328 GTS for sale.

The owner bought it from them, when I sold it, via the CTS.

The same cars are bought and resold regularly through them.

 

Cheers,

Geoff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Better value proposition at $58K - rebuilt engine or top end at least, and I'll assume clutch and the while your in there stuff given the $25K bills .... the way I like my 20 year old and 150+Kilo cars ...

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/OAG-AD-16584363/?Cr=58

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, JulianG said:

Better value proposition at $58K - rebuilt engine or top end at least, and I'll assume clutch and the while your in there stuff given the $25K bills .... the way I like my 20 year old and 150+Kilo cars ...

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/OAG-AD-16584363/?Cr=58

Looks like a nice car & a good buy with the sports seats.. maybe the engine mounts need replacing given the gap between the exhaust tips &  bumper  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, James P said:

Looks like a nice car & a good buy with the sports seats.. maybe the engine mounts need replacing given the gap between the exhaust tips &  bumper  

Think you are spot on about engine mounts Jason they don’t look right like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JulianG said:

Better value proposition at $58K - rebuilt engine or top end at least, and I'll assume clutch and the while your in there stuff given the $25K bills .... the way I like my 20 year old and 150+Kilo cars ...

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/OAG-AD-16584363/?Cr=58

Looks nice on those wheels, although 190k i'd say there are components that would be tired.

+996 on the mounts they need to be changed - they are probably the originals 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dan_189 said:

Looks nice on those wheels, although 190k i'd say there are components that would be tired.

+996 on the mounts they need to be changed - they are probably the originals 

Odd that you'd do an engine rebuild and not replace the mounts at the same time if they were worn...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Nice looking car. I can have a look if anyone needs me to. Or maybe that's a bad idea and I trade mine in on it. Perfect combination silver n black

 @James P are the engine mounts easy to see? I might be near there later today

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, LeeM said:

 Nice looking car. I can have a look if anyone needs me to. Or maybe that's a bad idea and I trade mine in on it. Perfect combination silver n black

 @James P are the engine mounts easy to see? I might be near there later today

 

You can see the top of the mounts but the part where they sag is hard to see without pulling things apart, the exhaust tips should be a lot closer to the bar

 IMG_0033_zpsfiuguw1l.jpg

Go on trade in the old air-cooled thing for some proper driving & working 911 B) all it needs is M030 suspension & its the same as mine..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, JulianG said:

Better value proposition at $58K - rebuilt engine or top end at least, and I'll assume clutch and the while your in there stuff given the $25K bills .... the way I like my 20 year old and 150+Kilo cars ...

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/OAG-AD-16584363/?Cr=58

What is the thoughts on pricing for this car? I think it's a bit over, still trying to recoup the cost of an engine rebuild? Nice car though....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hunter Porsche said:

What is the thoughts on pricing for this car? I think it's a bit over, still trying to recoup the cost of an engine rebuild? Nice car though....

Providing IMS was done with rebuild, I would have thought that a reasonable value, given the kms it has done, would be somewhere in region of $52.5 - $55k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, James P said:

 

Go on trade in the old air-cooled thing for some proper driving & working 911 B) all it needs is M030 suspension & its the same as mine..

 5 months ago I may have, though as I now have 3 points left, it's probably a bad idea to do that mate ?? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Hunter Porsche said:

What is the thoughts on pricing for this car? I think it's a bit over, still trying to recoup the cost of an engine rebuild? Nice car though....

Id say $55k is about the right price.. My 996 C2 has the same kms & still feels & drives like new with the appropriate maintenance done along the way 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds OK on price given the engine work. I bought my 1999 C2 in mid 40's then had the IMS solution, brakes, and a few other things "while they were in there", so buying one with nothing done is not going to end up cheap. The car I bought had Aero Kit and GT3 suspension but would owe me around what this one is advertised for.  Manual 996's are getting harder to find so this one looks to be "reasonable".  

I think Lee should buy it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Cmon Lee, it's a straight drive in driveout swap!

 I'd want a few grand or they throw in a 944 back my way for that to happen mate ?

 And Phil, don't you start!! ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, LeeM said:

 I'd want a few grand or they throw in a 944 back my way for that to happen mate ?

 And Phil, don't you start!! ??

Happy to meet you and you can drive mine up to Hahndorf tonight mate.....just to get the feel of a good 996!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, PhilH said:

Happy to meet you and you can drive mine up to Hahndorf tonight mate.....just to get the feel of a good 996!

 Thanks for the generous offer, but I'll respectfully decline mate. 

I don't need more 'Do I want a 996' thoughts in my head after getting mine back ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/11/2018 at 16:47, JulianG said:

Better value proposition at $58K - rebuilt engine or top end at least, and I'll assume clutch and the while your in there stuff given the $25K bills .... the way I like my 20 year old and 150+Kilo cars ...

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/OAG-AD-16584363/?Cr=58

Very nice looking 996. Just goes to show how good a mk1 can look when photographed well. Engine mounts are a cheap and quick fix. With the engine rebuild, if the rest of the car checks out I'd say 55k is great value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/11/2018 at 14:44, DT said:

Very nice looking 996. Just goes to show how good a mk1 can look when photographed well. Engine mounts are a cheap and quick fix. With the engine rebuild, if the rest of the car checks out I'd say 55k is great value.

Wow. i haven't been around this thread in awhile decided to check back in, wow 55k for 190k kms 996.1, seems like prices have definitely shot up in the last year huh. i guess a full rebuild helps, but all the other bits will be 190k kms?

wasn't too long ago a car like that was  .. 35k. 

anyway happy at the way prices are going! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

PFA [Porsche Forum Australia]

This is an online platform for like-minded Porsche fans/fanatics/tragics to come together to read, chat and share.

It is also a platform to arrange and participate in off-line social meet-ups, events and drives.

×
×
  • Create New...