996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

I'll come clean now. 

I shook hands on a deal to buy this one last Thursday. Black/Savannah beige, 108,000kms, IMS done (with the oil feed line) new 997 clutch, Fabspeed headers and some sort of muffler. Nice clean car and the owner is a fussy mechanic. 

To cut it short, I have various reasons to do it, yet I would need to sell the backdate to pay for it. After MUCH procrastination, coupla days of overthinking it and a long chat with the missus who is usually the voice of reason, I pulled out of buying it as I can't part with the SC. 

He's asking $40k, yet there are a couple of people possibly looking at buying it, so hold your horse if you're interested. It's not advertised, nor will it be, so when I know it's still available I can send you the owners number. 

20181108-181105.jpg

Cheers James

It would be in my shed if I has the spare coin and able to keep my SC, as it's a really nice car and well looked after by the look of it and the vibe I got from the owner

images-12.jpg

Also, many thanks to @PhilH for coming along to have a look with me. Appreciate it mate ?

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

I'll come clean now. 

I shook hands on a deal to buy this one last Thursday. Black/Savannah beige, 108,000kms, IMS done (with the oil feed line) new 997 clutch, Fabspeed headers and some sort of muffler. Nice clean car and the owner is a fussy mechanic. 

To cut it short, I have various reasons to do it, yet I would need to sell the backdate to pay for it. After MUCH procrastination, coupla days of overthinking it and a long chat with the missus who is usually the voice of reason, I pulled out of buying it as I can't part with the SC. 

He's asking $40k, yet there are a couple of people possibly looking at buying it, so hold your horse if you're interested. It's not advertised, nor will it be, so when I know it's still available I can send you the owners number. 

20181108-181105.jpg

Seems like a great price I’m sure it will get snapped up.

26 minutes ago, Hunter Porsche said:

996 or Cayman me thinks

I'd go for a 996 personally. Have driven both, like the Cayman yet prefer the 996 for the little more room inside for my lanky legs (over 6 foot) 

39 minutes ago, Tips said:

If it was black on black i would be paying Lee a spotters to do the transaction for me, good lookng car

If it was black on black, I dare say it would have been a much harder decision for me not to buy it

Happy to accept financial donations to look around for cars underneath the Carsales radar mate ?

1 hour ago, DT said:

Holy crap @LeeM that must've been a tough few days, seems like a very good deal on a very nice car...I've already got one and it's had me thinking if I need two! But I totally understand not being able to part with your SC backdate.

It was a sleepless coupla nights I can assure you. All in all the missus made some very valid points after I've put a fair amount of work into it, and said she would prefer I put a few grand into finishing the body and paint on the SC over time and be happy, rather than buying something I don't really want just to put some cash off the house

13 minutes ago, spiller said:

Lee sounds like the deal of the century! I understand the sleepless nights but reckon you made the right call in the end. The other option would be to buy it, use it for a couple of months and flip it.

That was an option and the extra cash would be nice, though I really can't be arsed dealing with it, and have no room at home unless I knock out a wall in the mancave

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

That was an option and the extra cash would be nice, though I really can't be arsed dealing with it, and have no room at home unless I knock out a wall in the mancave

Think outside the box. Knock out the wall dividing the mancave from the house...  ;)

4 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Just a bit

I should have bought and flipped it to make a few grand, yet that's not me. I'd rather someone buy it at a sensible price (in Porsche world???) and enjoy it

Sensible? What's that Lee? I mentioned in an off the cuff comment months back I'd probably put my 996 on the market and I had 8 PM's and 4 offers in 1 hour ...