996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

30 minutes ago, quasio said:

wow.. seal gray too.. if i was still in market i'd definitely pick that up for that price..

price seems decent in this current day and age too..

Agreed, price is right on the money, and yes, Seal Grey, just like my tip, and almost exact same mileage. 

C'mon @dan_189, that's not high kms, only 6500kms a year!!!! 🙂

I would definitely have paid that money....

10 hours ago, DT said:

This looks like a very nice, low km, C4 coupe, in a great colour. Perhaps a tad optimistic pricing, but negotiable, and still apparently 100k less than a comparable 964, the prior holder of the most unloved 911 award.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/altona-meadows/cars-vans-utes/2001-porsche-911-carrera-4-manual/1201077903

Is that the ‘déjà vu’ car that was for sale in Tasmania a few weeks ago (probably discussed a couple of pages back)? It was advertised on Carsales for $60k...

9 hours ago, JWM said:

Is that the ‘déjà vu’ car that was for sale in Tasmania a few weeks ago (probably discussed a couple of pages back)? It was advertised on Carsales for $60k...

Can't recall seeing the original advert, but in trying to identify the number plate (which you can't see clearly), it does look like it could be our standard plate colour, and style (A NN AA)

4 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Can't recall seeing the original advert, but in trying to identify the number plate (which you can't see clearly), it does look like it could be our standard plate colour, and style (A NN AA)

Went back and found it: https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2001-Porsche-911-Carrera-4-996-Manual-AWD/SSE-AD-5114243

19 minutes ago, D2000 said:

Looks good, apart from the wheels.  Price seems reasonable:  https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/SSE-AD-5786163/?Cr=2

Missing Battery Cover...

When I was looking at a car at Motor Gallery (5 Dock in Sydney) they told me that they put these fake Turbo wheels on all the second hand 996s they had through in the later 'noughties.  Reckoned they looked much better......

39 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Missing Battery Cover...

When I was looking at a car at Motor Gallery (5 Dock in Sydney) they told me that they put these fake Turbo wheels on all the second hand 996s they had through in the later 'noughties.  Reckoned they looked much better......

Thought there was something odd going on under the frunk.

I've been looking at early model Cayennes lately and there seems to be a similar unfortunate trend in adding massive and more modern wheels

8 minutes ago, D2000 said:

Thought there was something odd going on under the frunk.

I've been looking at early model Cayennes lately and there seems to be a similar unfortunate trend in adding massive and more modern wheels

Interested to hear your findings on the early Cayennes (maybe in another thread or PM me if possible) - i'll be starting my search for one next year - looking at 07/08 models

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, kov said:

Anyone contact the fellow with the silver 98 @ 49k?

Must be his first time using a camera 😂 

Sent him a text, no reply 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2000/SSE-AD-5792168?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=notification-center&utm_medium=email

Wonder if it is a C4 or just sustained some rear damage in the past as the Carrera logo is silver rather than black

41 minutes ago, D2000 said:

Wonder if it is a C4 or just sustained some rear damage in the past as the Carrera logo is silver rather than black

I noticed the silver badge as well, let’s see if he’s forthcoming with extra pics and the service history 

26 minutes ago, kov said:

I noticed the silver badge as well, let’s see if he’s forthcoming with extra pics and the service history 

I got onto him. He is away until Tuesday though. Apparently he full service history, but IMS not done. Trying to have a look at it when he’s back.

4 hours ago, DT said:

This one looks very nice too. Bit of choice out there at the moment if you're looking for a manual coupe. Noticed the black one's been reduced to 45k.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2001-Porsche-911-Carrera-996-Manual/SSE-AD-5815855?pageSource=details&id=SSE-AD-5815855

She’s lovely too and I actually prefer grey than silver!   Not much of a price difference between the silver 996.2 and this 996....

If I sell my M3 the chase will be on, just wish I had the balls to just leap in buy one and worry about selling the M3 down the track ☺️

Starting to get the FOMO itch!

27 minutes ago, kov said:

She’s lovely too and I actually prefer grey than silver!   Not much of a price difference between the silver 996.2 and this 996....

If I sell my M3 the chase will be on, just wish I had the balls to just leap in buy one and worry about selling the M3 down the track ☺️

Starting to get the FOMO itch!

What M3 are you selling?