996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

29 minutes ago, kov said:

She’s lovely too and I actually prefer grey than silver!   Not much of a price difference between the silver 996.2 and this 996....

If I sell my M3 the chase will be on, just wish I had the balls to just leap in buy one and worry about selling the M3 down the track ☺️

Starting to get the FOMO itch!

Jump in while they're cheap

1 hour ago, reggiegums said:

What M3 are you selling?

E92 DCT

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

Jump in while they're cheap

Ha not cheap anymore, perhaps 3/4 years ago they we’re. Like most on here I have a story or two when I coulda shoulda pulled the trigger!

1 hour ago, kov said:

She’s lovely too and I actually prefer grey than silver!   Not much of a price difference between the silver 996.2 and this 996....

If I sell my M3 the chase will be on, just wish I had the balls to just leap in buy one and worry about selling the M3 down the track ☺️

Starting to get the FOMO itch!

Hate to add to your FOMO but as I understand it seal grey for 996.1 was only available in 2001

7 minutes ago, kov said:

E92 DCT

Ha not cheap anymore, perhaps 3/4 years ago they we’re. Like most on here I have a story or two when I coulda shoulda pulled the trigger!

Buy one, own one and experience the drive as well and you'll realise what great value they actually are overall, including cheap purchase price, compared to other 911's

6 hours ago, DT said:

This one looks very nice too. Bit of choice out there at the moment if you're looking for a manual coupe. Noticed the black one's been reduced to 45k.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2001-Porsche-911-Carrera-996-Manual/SSE-AD-5815855?pageSource=details&id=SSE-AD-5815855

Does the new engine let this car qualify for a discount or is it the right price.

3 hours ago, Hunter Porsche said:

Does the new engine let this car qualify for a discount or is it the right price.

At $41,500 thats a bargain even if you have to replace the IMS for peace of mind 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2001-Porsche-911-Carrera-996-Manual/SSE-AD-5815855?pageSource=details&id=SSE-AD-5815855

3 minutes ago, James P said:

At $41,500 thats a bargain even if you have to replace the IMS for peace of mind 

I’d second what @James P Said for that price it’s a bargain,lots have been chasing a 996 recently at that price you can’t have any complaints 

I spoke to him this morning then swapped a few txts, trying to ring him and txt, no luck,looks like i miss another one:(

4 hours ago, Hunter Porsche said:

And to quote myself, the answer was yes....

2 hours ago, James P said:

Wow, someone's gonna grab a bargain. Wonder how many phone calls he's had since the price drop. Why don't these cars pop up when I'm looking?

That would be right, heading off to Thailand in a couple of days, not much time to do anything. I remember a couple of yrs back a X51 spec blue 996 came up for sale at Autohaus @ 55k after I went on holidays. Might have to stop having holidays😂 Or join the Boxrod movement!

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

He dropped the price $13400 about 2 hours back... must be taking on board all the trolls offering "$30000 cash maaaaaaaate"

He listed the car the other day right...?, I find it a tad strange that you’d drop 13k after such a short period.

I get all the trolls and tyre kickers, we all get them when selling a car. Just can’t comprehend such a large price drop so soon....

11 hours ago, kov said:

He listed the car the other day right...?, I find it a tad strange that you’d drop 13k after such a short period.

I get all the trolls and tyre kickers, we all get them when selling a car. Just can’t comprehend such a large price drop so soon....

Someone might get lucky and actually pick it up for 41...or perhaps the interest this stirs up they get closer to there original asking price anyway, just a bit quicker.

12 hours ago, kov said:

The price drop makes a nice change from those sellers who start at $x then add $10k to the price after fielding a few calls.

6 minutes ago, Dave986 said:

The price drop makes a nice change from those sellers who start at $x then add $10k to the price after fielding a few calls.

Maybe a legit price drop but hardly seen like that so quicky, I think the last half of your sentence Dave, and like DT said above, is more like it - maybe he now negotiates upwards to near the initial price

40 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Maybe a legit price drop but hardly seen like that so quicky, I think the last half of your sentence Dave, and like DT said above, is more like it - maybe he now negotiates upwards to near the initial price

I've been chasing this guy since last night and he just sent me a txt that he has been busy, i have just done a handshake deal on something else, yay for me:D

Often though that this one could be worth a closer look. If it’s been done right and there was a bit of wriggle room could be a decent pick up

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2001-Porsche-911-Carrera-4-996-Auto-AWD/SSE-AD-5229233?pageSource=details&id=SSE-AD-5229233