996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

21 minutes ago, kov said:

Assuming it will need to be listed on WOVR?

What’s your thoughts on it? Steer clear?!

Did the customer hand in any history of receipts for repairs over time of ownership? If I have only service books to go by it doesn't give me much to go by and raises more questions. 1. No airbag system checks 2. Has coolant ever been replaced 3. Yearly inspection on 28/11/06 should have been a minor service. As such car covered 40,000km without an oil change. Otherwise seems maintained not too bad while car in NSW. Since car living in QLD has had very limited use. 4. Last time had a major service was 30/06/2011 so possibly still has original belts. So belts and fuel filter @ 35,000km overdue. 5. No oil changes recorded for just over 4yrs. 13/8/13 - 13/9/17. 6. Also currently overdue for yearly inspection at the very least. 7. Preventative maintenance such as water pump and air oil separator and life remaining on clutch? Is the hail dent removal repair going through insurance? As this will effect any future and current resale.

Just a snippet from email. Couldn't give me any more info on car apart from 2 keys and still original IMS.

I guess thats the problem when dealing with car yard.

Was told they would use paintless dent removal guy. My question to those out there, is the frunk lid aluminum? Has this compromised paint to panel integrity?

Any insurance repair record and people start getting doubts 🤔 Haven't seen personally as currently in Bangkok and even then Melb based. 

28 minutes ago, PDean said:

Did the customer hand in any history of receipts for repairs over time of ownership? If I have only service books to go by it doesn't give me much to go by and raises more questions. 1. No airbag system checks 2. Has coolant ever been replaced 3. Yearly inspection on 28/11/06 should have been a minor service. As such car covered 40,000km without an oil change. Otherwise seems maintained not too bad while car in NSW. Since car living in QLD has had very limited use. 4. Last time had a major service was 30/06/2011 so possibly still has original belts. So belts and fuel filter @ 35,000km overdue. 5. No oil changes recorded for just over 4yrs. 13/8/13 - 13/9/17. 6. Also currently overdue for yearly inspection at the very least. 7. Preventative maintenance such as water pump and air oil separator and life remaining on clutch? Is the hail dent removal repair going through insurance? As this will effect any future and current resale.

Just a snippet from email. Couldn't give me any more info on car apart from 2 keys and still original IMS.

Was told they would use paintless dent removal guy. My question to those out there, is the frunk lid aluminum? Has this compromised paint to panel integrity?

Any insurance repair record and people start getting doubts 🤔 Haven't seen personally as currently in Bangkok and even then Melb based. 

Shifty caryard huh! But at least he told you about the hail ... Frunk is steel

56 minutes ago, PDean said:

But it has 2 keys still right? That's gotta be worth at least $60,000.

2 hours ago, kov said:

Assuming it will need to be listed on WOVR?

Will only need to be listed on WOVR if an insurance claim is lodged and it's written off by the insurance company ... and then it wouldn't be able to be registered .. 

1 hour ago, PDean said:

Any insurance repair record and people start getting doubts 🤔 

Even if it was fixed by the insurance company, there would be no record of it unless it was written off ... in which case it wouldnt be able to be registered ...

22 minutes ago, JLD said:

Nah, it’s worth $60,000 because the other ones that haven’t sold are priced at $60,000

It has 2nd key. High mileage cars have had plenty of work done, but sit there fir months. As soon as anything come up "Repaired" Everyone screams 40k. Don't they 😂😂😂😂😂😂

I'm hoping the 996 brains trust can help me out with a value. A Very good friend of mine is thinking of selling is 996 to upgrade to a 997S and has asked for assistance on what it should be advertised for and what he should take. 

MY02, silver over dark blue, C2 Coupe, manual. Australian car, nothing sinister with full books and history, 150k kms. 

Thoughts on current value? 

13 minutes ago, poli84 said:

I'm hoping the 996 brains trust can help me out with a value. A Very good friend of mine is thinking of selling is 996 to upgrade to a 997S and has asked for assistance on what it should be advertised for and what he should take. 

MY02, silver over dark blue, C2 Coupe, manual. Australian car, nothing sinister with full books and history, 150k kms. 

Value depends on a lot of things. How many owners. How well it's been serviced. Whether it has any upgrades. etc. etc.

If it has had the IMS replaced, that's a $3-4k premium for the headache saved.

15 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Lost track of this thread as I've been out of the loop for most of the week.  Good looking earlier .1 manual silver at Richmonds, not sure if it has been mentioned before. $58,900

http://richmonds.com.au/portfolio/1998-porsche-911-carrera/

I think the comments centered on engine mounts needing to be replaced based on the pictures. Also at 190k kms, it maybe due for engine "revitalisation".

34 minutes ago, poli84 said:

I think it depends if he wants to sell, or whether he wants to admire it on Carsales for months. 

There are a few on Carsales in the $60-$65 range that have sat there forever. Overpriced IMO. 

With IMS done (and FSH), advertised at about $55 should sell for between $50 and $55 fairly quickly for an 02. 

Disclaimer: I'm in the market - so have a vested interest in lower prices, but have attempted impartiality. :)

1 hour ago, poli84 said:

As a favour I will give him $25,000 cash. It'll save him the hassle of taking photos, putting it up on CarSales and having to deal with numb-nut "buyers".

3 hours ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

Value depends on a lot of things. How many owners. How well it's been serviced. Whether it has any upgrades. etc. etc.

If it has had the IMS replaced, that's a $3-4k premium for the headache saved.

2 hours ago, daveyoul said:

I think it depends if he wants to sell, or whether he wants to admire it on Carsales for months. 

There are a few on Carsales in the $60-$65 range that have sat there forever. Overpriced IMO. 

With IMS done (and FSH), advertised at about $55 should sell for between $50 and $55 fairly quickly for an 02. 

Disclaimer: I'm in the market - so have a vested interest in lower prices, but have attempted impartiality. :)

Appreciate the input guys. Yes FSH and IMS done, no modifications at all except for the Pioneer double DIN screen that the previous owner installed but I believe he has the original stereo for originality. I'll see what he says. 

7 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

@poli84 mine had the original stereo replaced by a double DIN too. Wish the previous owner had kept the original as I’m tempted to change it back now.

Also quite easy to add AUX to the older non MOST head units too, nothing like a nice original radio...

2 hours ago, poli84 said:

Appreciate the input guys. Yes FSH and IMS done, no modifications at all except for the Pioneer double DIN screen that the previous owner installed but I believe he has the original stereo for originality. I'll see what he says. 

Poli if he I s looking to price it well and look for a quick hassle free sale it might be worth getting him to post on PFA prior to Carsales as there are a few 996 buyers here and removes the attraction to drop kick low ballers and fraudsters.

53 minutes ago, reddahaydn said:

Hye Dan, How do you add AUX to the older radios? I've got a 98. Cheers

You add a cable like this to the back of your stereo https://www.soundlabsgroup.com.au/p/Becker-Phone-Aux-In/Becker+Auxiliary+-+Phone+Input

I have a cable like that hooked up to a Bluetooth unit so can play music via Bluetooth 

8 hours ago, poli84 said:

Penalty for blue int, k's, and also unoriginal stereo fitted but reward for IMSB and FSH. If he wants to sell within a few months my thoughts would be put it on for $63 and take $59.... see how many bites he gets over a month or two and if no joy, drop to $59 and take $55. I'd hold fast at $55 ....

It all depends how quick he wants the $$$$ for it

11 hours ago, Dave986 said:

As a favour I will give him $25,000 cash. It'll save him the hassle of taking photos, putting it up on CarSales and having to deal with numb-nut "buyers".

Don't listen to him, I'll go 26k😂😂

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

Penalty for blue int, k's, and also unoriginal stereo fitted but reward for IMSB and FSH. If he wants to sell within a few months my thoughts would be put it on for $63 and take $59.... see how many bites he gets over a month or two and if no joy, drop to $59 and take $55. I'd hold fast at $55 ....

It all depends how quick he wants the $$$$ for it

I actually don't mind the blue interior, no penalty from me. I think everyones comments on pricing seem fair. Not a bad idea selling through the forum,  as there are a few people on here including myself in the market for a 996.