996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

5 hours ago, Tips said:

Best trick in world Kurt, and you were predictable in which way you would steer me...😂

The friend and question was legit. I find it difficult sometimes to take personal bias out when helping this this guy with car purchases. Some are easy this was harder as I know what I would buy, so always good to get other opinions. Good thing is I got him to also call AH who had done the IMS on one of them and Anthony also set him straight on what he should be looking for. Pretty much in the same direction that everyone here suggested around reflection on what history had shown us with G body/964/993 targa/coupe manual/auto and early gen 1 models had retained or improved value over time.

I know I've mentioned it a few times, but finally made my mind up to flick the Macan (as much as I love it) when I get back home and chase down an early 996.  Life has finally settled down a bit so I can put some energy in to a car search for myself. May not be gen 1 but will be something to enjoy on SMT's.

Good to hear it...when it came to consider what we'd move on to thin out the herd, I thought about getting rid of our Macan, but its too good for everything we need it for, so it will stay with us, probably for a very long time. If you don't need the practicality of it anymore.. then definitely move it on before the face lift comes out in numbers (any minute soon) :lol:

I'd hold out for a first year car, I really would... the silver one at Richmonds appears to be very nice, albeit it seems a little high on the ask, which is pushing the envelope of what people will pay for an early car in the current climate, but as you know, in the long run, it is well worth paying a bit extra for a complete and correct example... look forward to some sunny side up fried egg action at the future SMT's :D

Not usually a cab fan but this looks pretty cool I reckon...and good value if it checks out. Red interior with silver, 99 so might be cable throttle, appears to be lowered, 'quick shifter', sports exhaust...ticking a lot of boxes for me. Hmmm, do I need a cab as well as a coupe...

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/blue-bay/cars-vans-utes/porsche-911-996/1209314371

18 minutes ago, DT said:

Not usually a cab fan but this looks pretty cool I reckon...and good value if it checks out. Red interior with silver, 99 so might be cable throttle, appears to be lowered, 'quick shifter', sports exhaust...ticking a lot of boxes for me. Hmmm, do I need a cab as well as a coupe...

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/blue-bay/cars-vans-utes/porsche-911-996/1209314371

I love my dog but I don't put him in my car and if I did i woudn't include a photo of him in the car i'm trying to sell... To each their own I guess

3 hours ago, dan_189 said:

I love my dog but I don't put him in my car and if I did i woudn't include a photo of him in the car i'm trying to sell... To each their own I guess

Maybe he was trying to accentuate the dog dick red interior... now where have I seen that colour scheme before 😏😂:ph34r:

7 hours ago, edgy said:

I thought about getting rid of our Macan, but its too good for everything we need it for, so it will stay with us, probably for a very long time. If you don't need the practicality of it anymore.. 

Our other car is a glc43 so we are over our SUV quota and she loves it ! so it's time for me to make the change, what a pity 😏😂😎

On 04/02/2019 at 20:01, Jim45 said:

I've got a 04 - C2 and love it. It was either that or an early one as mentioned above.

If I'd come across one of these I'd have been all over it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6jCiB9dt0A

Mad colour and all the right tweaks....This video has done the rounds already but would convince most people..

That's my doppelgänger - bought 2.5 years ago when they were still hated...So much love now, and with the sports exhaust and slight lowering, the visual and sound is awesome. Definitely can recommend

IMG_3396.jpg

3 hours ago, Tips said:

Maybe he was trying to accentuate the dog dick red interior... now where have I seen that colour scheme before 😏😂:ph34r:

Our other car is a glc43 so we are over our SUV quota and she loves it ! so it's time for me to make the change, what a pity 😏😂😎

You know you want dogs dick red in your life... 

Even better if you leave your mates hangin  at the dining table to take a phone call so you can buy said dogs dick... 

On 01/02/2019 at 11:23, Rick V said:

Apologies if this one has been asked about before, as it’s been on the market a while now, but anyone have any intel on this car or the dealer sitting on it? Or looked at it?

After @LeeM‘s stunning backflip (!) on using a Tip, Im now finding myself including autos in the search function, and keep coming back to this gorgeous green number for possible daily driver duties.

7841A882-AFBF-44D8-B9A9-E8A61AB97EBF.png

Notice tonight the price has gone up 10k! So it doesn't sell at 70k so lets put it up to 80k. Don't understand this sales tactic

4 hours ago, JND72 said:

That's my doppelgänger - bought 2.5 years ago when they were still hated...So much love now, and with the sports exhaust and slight lowering, the visual and sound is awesome. Definitely can recommend

IMG_3396.jpg

Is that the one from the older gent in Perth for bugger all money? I started liking 996's after watching Jethro's video, especially this colour too

5 hours ago, TINGY996 said:

This car looks very tidy and a reasonable price, @Tips

I am wondering why it hasn't been sold yet.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2002/SSE-AD-3597925/?Cr=38

I swear that one was in the 40's last year