MARTY

996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

3 hours ago, LeeM said:

Immaculate low 70,000 km silver 996 Tip at Collectable Classics in SA for $60k 

No pics or info yet

There's another at Prestige Auto Haus in Seal Grey. To me that price point a bit on the high side for a tip🤔

6 hours ago, Fraz said:

Mate he’s a collector, he ain’t driven scheisse

Not sure that’s quite right @Fraz 

CTS sold the C4S on Friday arvo for $95. Out having a look at a couple of others today.

7 hours ago, LeeM said:

Immaculate low 70,000 km silver 996 Tip at Collectable Classics in SA for $60k 

No pics or info yet

@wilson59 😁

8 minutes ago, LeeM said:

@wilson59 😁

59,000 kms on it same car I presume  Check out the vid .i have to start reading your post Lee 

Response to the question from Collectable Classics from their Facebook page, "Has the IMS bearing been replaced?". " If you are asking has the IMS bearing been replaced well no is the answer as this is a 98 model. There is a class action in regards to this that affected cars built between 2000- 2005. The 98 models from our own research had a different set up and were not affected".

I'm sure there are 996 owners who would beg to differ.

49 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

59,000 kms on it same car I presume  Check out the vid .i have to start reading your post Lee 

Same car mate. Was told it was 59,000km the other day. 

And don't bother reading my posts mate. It's usually just pointless dribble 😁

3 hours ago, Nugget said:

Response to the question from Collectable Classics from their Facebook page, "Has the IMS bearing been replaced?". " If you are asking has the IMS bearing been replaced well no is the answer as this is a 98 model. There is a class action in regards to this that affected cars built between 2000- 2005. The 98 models from our own research had a different set up and were not affected".

I'm sure there are 996 owners who would beg to differ.

I beg to differ big time.. 

16 hours ago, Fraz said:

Mate he’s a collector, he ain’t driven scheisse 

Here’s a link for those worried about these 100K+ so called high mileage Mezgers

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/buying-maintenance/a32639/this-porsche-996-turbo-for-sale-has-an-absurd-590000-miles-on-it/

Being a guy who does a lot of kilometres and isn't afraid of a high mileage car, it's great to see an article like this.  Of course, circa 975k KMs in 16 years is amazing (approx 61k pa) and well beyond my 35k pa and my wife's 45k pa driving. 

I'd suggest that at any sales price (including sub $10k), the car owes them nothing.  It does cost a lot of money to drive a car any distance but when you multiply it to these sorts of miles, the many many tyres it's had is just one dimension.  At 10 l per 100km and $1.50 per l, it's still almost $150k in fuel. LOL.

1 hour ago, JLD said:

The mega cheap one from WA coupla years ago? Not sure mate. I thought a member here bought it and cleaned it up a bit, though can't be certain. Sorry 

1 hour ago, JLD said:

Hhahahaha so much wrong with that ad, more hyper hype, maybe Elon Musk wrote it for him...

Limited numbers in Aus first year most collectable future classic. Pffft!! ONLY 270,000 KLMS. Such a collectable sought after high klm example.

engine rebuild by RJP Motorsports including capacity upgrade to 3.8 ltr using original. Better lower range torque really Really? REALLY??

The 1998 996 with its shape and Amber lights was modeled off the GT1 race car. 2 door coupe and headlight shape (non amber) only common factor and is the most controversial 911 on history. Nope, and that's not a good thing

the model to buy because of its history. Hahahahha The "Holy Grail" of the 996 series. Get off the mushies

Gotta give him 10 points for trying though, as that was a pretty good sales blurb for the unwary/inexperienced potential Porsche owner 

3 hours ago, LeeM said:

The mega cheap one from WA coupla years ago? Not sure mate. I thought a member here bought it and cleaned it up a bit, though can't be certain. Sorry 

I think it is. I remember the same spiel about the high kms and winery in Margaret River. Pretty sure a new member bought this car and mentioned he had to redo the motor.

Just noticed this less than 2 days to go at  graysonline price is $25000

94FD8BCB-28DB-4F5D-834C-F102000A5CFC.png

48 minutes ago, MARTY said:

Just noticed this less than 2 days to go at  graysonline price is $25000

94FD8BCB-28DB-4F5D-834C-F102000A5CFC.png

Action always happens in the last few mins 

Also noticed a manual 928 and 2.7 IB car as well at Dandenong both with high side km’s but the 2.7 looks clean 

anyone been and kicked tires?

https://www.graysonline.com/lot/0009-3438443/motor-vehiclesmotor-cycles/1981-porsche-928-manual-coupe?spr=true

https://www.graysonline.com/lot/0032-3438443/motor-vehiclesmotor-cycles/porsche-911-manual-5-speed-coupe?spr=true

4 hours ago, DT said:

One would hope this is a preliminary draft, if not it's a whole new level of crap ways to advertise your 911...$32k manual coupe...or not...'Please call to confirm the final price of the vehicle'...

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2000/OAG-AD-16949513/?Cr=0

What a stupid ad

45 minutes ago, LeeM said:

What a stupid ad

It's gone up $4000 in the first day!! would hate for it to sit for a month, it will be well over $100k by then

14 hours ago, firstone said:

I'm 20 min away if it helps. 

If its not too much trouble, I would appreciate it if you could look at it. I'm not sure when I can down there to view it myself.

Things I'm most concerned about:

Is the engine noisy, blowing any smoke.

Does it drive straight, doesn't pull to one side under braking

Are the panel gaps all uniform

Any signs of an accident.

17 minutes ago, Nugget said:

If its not too much trouble, I would appreciate it if you could look at it. I'm not sure when I can down there to view it myself.

Things I'm most concerned about:

Is the engine noisy, blowing any smoke.

Does it drive straight, doesn't pull to one side under braking

Are the panel gaps all uniform

Any signs of an accident.

Ok let me know where it is.