996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

31 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Looks the goods.  Agree re Seal Grey, that's why both our cars are that colour :P  Don't necessarily agree about ride height though, I'm quite happy with standard on both cars...

IMO M030 is a great height and is the on the fence option between standard and low! The technical detail is 10mm lower than standard.

Checkout a stock USA 996 height, looks like a 4wd!

6 hours ago, DT said:

Wow seal grey does look great on the .1 with the sport design wheels.

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Looks the goods.  Agree re Seal Grey, that's why both our cars are that colour :P 

And....sold. In less than 24hrs!

1 minute ago, 356993??? said:

Wow, wondering how much the colour combo had to do with that. Guessing sold at asking or close. Must've ticked the boxes coz there's 3 or 4 on CS around the same price been sitting a while.

21 hours ago, MARTY said:

Anyone on here buy the 996 from Autohaus manual coupe? It was on CS today seems to have sold within the day

I saw the listing and was near Chatswood on Friday so dropped over to look at it...and got to learn that they don’t keep the cars they’re selling there :lol:...

Their sales guys were out picking up a car apparently, so I headed home. I noticed today it was marked as sold...

29 minutes ago, JWM said:

I saw the listing and was near Chatswood on Friday so dropped over to look at it...and got to learn that they don’t keep the cars they’re selling there :lol:...

Their sales guys were out picking up a car apparently, so I headed home. I noticed today it was marked as sold...

They hold them around the corner......

Cheers,

Geoff.

19 minutes ago, Clarkie said:

Jumping in on this convo, I'm in the market for a Coupe, Manual. Km's don't worry me that much. My current Boxster has over 200k and it doesn't miss a beat. 

Ive got a few on my CS saved list. See how I go. 

The 54990 one in melbourne still on cs- checked it out?

27 minutes ago, Clarkie said:

Jumping in on this convo, I'm in the market for a Coupe, Manual. Km's don't worry me that much. My current Boxster has over 200k and it doesn't miss a beat. 

Ive got a few on my CS saved list. See how I go. 

8 minutes ago, Peter John said:

The one on CS you mention here in Melbourne sounds a bit sketchy last serviced a few years ago and only done 2500kms since I believe, just be careful some on CS might need a thorough looking at (ppi)

18 minutes ago, MARTY said:

The one on CS you mention here in Melbourne sounds a bit sketchy last serviced a few years ago and only done 2500kms since I believe, just be careful some on CS might need a thorough looking at (ppi)

Passenger window missing window tint. Door cards are a different colour to the rest of the interior. Last serviced in 2013.

I dropped in to Richmonds today on the way to the airport (had 10min to spare) and may have spoken to the new owner who was looking at it at the same time. 

The car looked excellent and well looked after. Paint/body pretty immaculate for a car of its age and mileage. Interior from what I could see through the windows looked better than photos on CS. 

2 hours ago, 356993??? said:

As an owner of a manual 996.1 in seal grey with the same wheels (albeit a C4, but with aero bumper and skirts and half the kms), I am glad to see that! Might be time to up my insured value...

aero skits and bumper also make the ride height look better:

80-side_copy_f36cb0c6a82700e7896ac2f7320

80-front1_copy_4d6f46ad728c000cf72faf3cf

6 minutes ago, Gas said:

I dropped in to Richmonds today on the way to the airport (had 10min to spare) and may have spoken to the new owner who was looking at it at the same time. 

The car looked excellent and well looked after. Paint/body pretty immaculate for a car of its age and mileage. Interior from what I could see through the windows looked better than photos on CS. 

It looked a nice car but I thought price against km's was a tad high

1 hour ago, Peter John said:

Looked at it on CS,

im one of these blokes that ponders for too long and misses out, then I spontaneously buy something. Ha ha. It's how I got my Boxster. Was not even looking. Sold my 914's off and saw the Boxster. Needed love, chick owner. Low ball offered and she counter offered. Got it home, spent a few $k on it and been loving it ever since. Only reason getting a 996 is the kids sook I won't take them in the Boxster. Plus I get sunburnt. Lol. I should just stick with my Volvo C70 coupes. Ha ha. 

Im playing the watch the market and see what it's doing. Then I'll go and drive some. I'll take my Boxster with me when I go, just to compare the harshness. 19" on a Boxster is not ideal. 

I will be pissed off if that’s the case seeing as I was speaking with Scott only last night.

3 minutes ago, Clarkie said:

Looked at it on CS,

im one of these blokes that ponders for too long and misses out, then I spontaneously buy something. Ha ha. It's how I got my Boxster. Was not even looking. Sold my 914's off and saw the Boxster. Needed love, chick owner. Low ball offered and she counter offered. Got it home, spent a few $k on it and been loving it ever since. Only reason getting a 996 is the kids sook I won't take them in the Boxster. Plus I get sunburnt. Lol. I should just stick with my Volvo C70 coupes. Ha ha. 

Im playing the watch the market and see what it's doing. Then I'll go and drive some. I'll take my Boxster with me when I go, just to compare the harshness. 19" on a Boxster is not ideal. 

And you have great roads to drive in and around Warburton Clarkie,you will not be disappointed with a 996

7 minutes ago, iluvbrownale said:

I will be pissed off if that’s the case seeing as I was speaking with Scott only last night.

You never know with Carsales, it says “sold” but maybe, as you said, just paused while they’re getting photos etc together.

I talked to a couple of people at Autohaus while I was there and no one even knew about it, so it was obviously very new to them. Might have been the car Anthony & Scott had gone to pickup!

1 minute ago, JWM said:

You never know with Carsales, it says “sold” but maybe, as you said, just paused the ad while getting photos etc together.

I talked to a couple of people at Autohaus while I was there and no one even knew about it, so it was obviously very new to them. Might have been the car Anthony & Scott had gone to pickup!

It's been taken off the Autohaus website it was on yesterday 

4 minutes ago, MARTY said:

And you have great roads to drive in and around Warburton Clarkie,you will not be disappointed with a 996

Yes I do, hence moving out there. Mainly for the bikes. My ducati's love it. Plus being 300m from the forest, I get to have fun on the Cagiva Elefant.  I'm lucky enough to have a missus that understands that 11 bikes is not enough and 14 cars is ok too. 

Ok most are shit heaps. Lol. 

1 minute ago, Clarkie said:

Yes I do, hence moving out there. Mainly for the bikes. My ducati's love it. Plus being 300m from the forest, I get to have fun on the Cagiva Elefant.  I'm lucky enough to have a missus that understands that 11 bikes is not enough and 14 cars is ok too. 

Ok most are shit heaps. Lol. 

Ducati's and Porsche's a match made in heaven

53 minutes ago, Gas said:

Life complete, and up to date, service history (without any excuses) = rare 

$ reflected a truely honest value for money car = rare

in person, exceeded the condition regarding how it was advertised = rare

road tested as new = rare

An excuse free car = rare

not a dollar to spend on it = rare

all this = sold in under 24 hrs 

25 minutes ago, 356993??? said:

Life complete, and up to date, service history (without any excuses) = rare 

$ reflected a truely honest value for money car = rare

in person, exceeded the condition regarding how it was advertised = rare

road tested as new = rare

An excuse free car = rare

not a dollar to spend on it = rare

all this = sold in under 24 hrs 

Agree completely. Would’ve liked to have more time to road test it. Perfect daily driver and at that mileage, no concerns about ongoing depreciation with every drive. 

Now who has an honest x51 or aerokitted 1998/99 car that they want to offload?

2 hours ago, D2000 said:

As an owner of a manual 996.1 in seal grey with the same wheels (albeit a C4, but with aero bumper and skirts and half the kms), I am glad to see that! Might be time to up my insured value...

aero skits and bumper also make the ride height look better:

80-side_copy_f36cb0c6a82700e7896ac2f7320

80-front1_copy_4d6f46ad728c000cf72faf3cf

Clean!! ??