996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

7 hours ago, Nugget said:

I'm looking at a 996 who's owner lives at the end of a badly corrugated dirt road about 1km. I know some 2wd cars tend to rattle themselves to pieces, has anyone had any experience with a Porsche on dirt roads?

It didn't sell on Sunday then.

I wouldn't worry too much about his driving. He's soooo particular and measured in everything i saw him do, he was here an hour and a half. 

I'd say he would have driven very slowly over it.

I noticed on the receipt that there was a noise noted in the ppi he had done before buying. Then they replaced the rose joints and swaybar links. It may be a new noise or they never found it? Get it cheap enough it won't matter?  I can't recommend anyone near by for a ppi. Someone will know.

5 hours ago, DT said:

I wouldn't be too concerned with 1km of corrugated dirt road... has the car lived there all it's life... has the owner done multiple trips in the Porsche each a day, or once a week, or a couple of times a month... have the corrugations always been there?

He's owned it for 2 years and its done about 6000Km

27 minutes ago, firstone said:

It didn't sell on Sunday then.

I wouldn't worry too much about his driving. He's soooo particular and measured in everything i saw him do, he was here an hour and a half. 

I'd say he would have driven very slowly over it.

I noticed on the receipt that there was a noise noted in the ppi he had done before buying. Then they replaced the rose joints and swaybar links. It may be a new noise or they never found it? Get it cheap enough it won't matter?  I can't recommend anyone near by for a ppi. Someone will know.

Its still on the market.

The noise is a new one and unfortunately he's not going to budge much on price ($2K), given he's had it on the market since October, he's obviously going to stick close to his asking price.

I think its worth about $48-49, given a 03 manual sold the other day by a dealer in GC for $55K. I always thought the gap between tip and manual was much more than that. I really want a manual but I think I'll still be happy with a tip.

Also, as I'll be driving back to Cairns, I've just heard the Bruce Hwy is really bad from Mackay north.

31 minutes ago, Nugget said:

I think its worth about $48-49, given a 03 manual sold the other day by a dealer in GC for $55K. I always thought the gap between tip and manual was much more than that. I really want a manual but I think I'll still be happy with a tip.

Drive both first, as it could be an expensive mistake just settling for something you don't REALLY want

31 minutes ago, Nugget said:

Also, as I'll be driving back to Cairns, I've just heard the Bruce Hwy is really bad from Mackay north.

Yep, pot holes the size of Porsche’s and you usually don’t see them until it’s too late 

49 minutes ago, Nugget said:

He's owned it for 2 years and its done about 6000Km

Its still on the market.

The noise is a new one and unfortunately he's not going to budge much on price ($2K), given he's had it on the market since October, he's obviously going to stick close to his asking price.

The one on the GC has a fairly average service record and was hail damaged late last year. Tho was getting repaired under dealers insurance 

17 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Drive both first, as it could be an expensive mistake just settling for something you don't REALLY want

Yep, part of the reason I keep an eye out for a Cayman S. Similar price point to a 996 tip. 

17 hours ago, 356993??? said:

What $ would an X51 optioned 996 command over non-X51 now days? Haven’t seen one advertised for a while on the open market and wonder if they were all manual coupes or some cabs were optioned X51 too?

C'mon all you lurking X51 owners, page 51, now's your chance to excite/bore us all rigid with how awesome your fancy bits are and what they're worth.

12 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Probably depends on what style of 996 or 997 (cab, auto, coupe, manual, carrera, 4S) optioned up to the X51 PowerKit, and the condition of that car.

I'd say it would add 20% $$$$ to the price of whatever 996 or 997 it was optioned on. Certainly adds way more than that to the acceleration and feel of the car. And much needed added engine oiling and cooling reliability under track conditions.

Any 996 from 1999 or 997.1 (non S??) could have had the option if the buyer ticked the $20,000+  box. I've only seen 5 cars for sale in the past 4 years advertised with the X51 option. 2 were 40th anniversary models (comes standard) and the other 3 were all manual C2 coupes.

I'll excite you - AWESOME.

viewattachment?&accountId&folder=Sent&uid=4498&part=1

I've seen a Tip Cab with X51for sale, it was sometime last year

On 03/03/2019 at 11:57, Nugget said:

The seller just sent me details of the original delivery documents and receipts quoting the current engine number and they are the same.

You must be thinking of a different car, because the seller assures me he knows nothing about a replacement engine or rebuilt trans. 

Sorry, I was talking about the black Carrera 4 that Daveyoul snapped up in NSW.

8 hours ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

Who snapped this up?

Check out this Porsche 911 Carrera.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-Porsche-911-Carrera-996-Manual-MY03/OAG-AD-16992686

It couldn't have been on the market for more than a couple of hours.

I saw it up for sale at lunchtime yesterday then gone by the time I got home. Not sure on the grey interior, reminds me of EF Falcon I used to have😂

2 hours ago, PDean said:

I saw it up for sale at lunchtime yesterday then gone by the time I got home. Not sure on the grey interior, reminds me of EF Falcon I used to have😂

And what's wrong with grey?

I like it now, at least you called it EF Falcon grey and not Hilux grey like my son.:D

ooh, same as mine

11 hours ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

Who snapped this up?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-Porsche-911-Carrera-996-Manual-MY03/OAG-AD-16992686

14 hours ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

Who snapped this up?

Apparently deposit taken over phone off to FNQ. A few calls taken and a list of potentials if finance falls through so assume full ask I would say.

based on recent adverts for manual coupes with far more Km’s probably not a bad price even with the grey interior (not my fav either)

1 hour ago, Tips said:

Apparently deposit taken over phone off to FNQ. A few calls taken and a list of potentials if finance falls through so assume full ask I would say.

based on recent adverts for manual coupes with far more Km’s probably not a bad price even with the grey interior (not my fav either)

So what was the ask?

11 hours ago, TINGY996 said:

And what's wrong with grey?

I like it now, at least you called it EF Falcon grey and not Hilux grey like my son.:D

ooh, same as mine

Here goes interior colour preference 

Black - Safe choice I guess, but ages well.

Blue - Suprisingly a very close 2nd. 

Grey - In the 996 it's a bit too light for me personally. Still a consideration 🤔

Lucky last the tan. A bit too baby poo for me, but the 997 987 series is a bit better.

1 hour ago, PDean said:

Here goes interior colour preference 

Black - Safe choice I guess, but ages well.

Blue - Suprisingly a very close 2nd. 

Grey - In the 996 it's a bit too light for me personally. Still a consideration 🤔

Lucky last the tan. A bit too baby poo for me, but the 997 987 series is a bit better.

Actually, I think a big part is the body colour too.  Can't say I was a fan of the light grey interior, but certainly I'm happy with the Seal Grey / Black interior of my 996.2.  However, the Seal Grey body and Terracotta interior of our 987 I reckon was sensational.  Possibly 987 was only  model with this option, haven't seen a 996 or 997 with that colour

8 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Actually, I think a big part is the body colour too.  Can't say I was a fan of the light grey interior, but certainly I'm happy with the Seal Grey / Black interior of my 996.2.  However, the Seal Grey body and Terracotta interior of our 987 I reckon was sensational.  Possibly 987 was only  model with this option, haven't seen a 996 or 997 with that colour

Terracotta, forgot about that one. I'd place that in 3rd above grey. Have to ask you TwoHeadsTas how has the your 996 tip been in comparison to manual 987 and from memory your 981 pdk? Market flooded with 996 tips and a manual that fits my criteria hard to come by. 

Not sure if this has been mentioned but good starting price with some extra goodies. Would be nice to know what drove the reason to rebuild incl new bore sleeves and who did the work. Possibly could be had cheap @LeeM and we could do a deal on your HK AC 😉

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/malvern-east/cars-vans-utes/rare-2000-porsche-911-carrera-black-on-black-manual-/1210163349

1 hour ago, PDean said:

Terracotta, forgot about that one. I'd place that in 3rd above grey. Have to ask you TwoHeadsTas how has the your 996 tip been in comparison to manual 987 and from memory your 981 pdk? Market flooded with 996 tips and a manual that fits my criteria hard to come by. 

PDean, the  996 and 987 really are totally different cars, given much different handling characteristics due to weight, engine location etc.  996 definitely a cruiser IMO, 987 much better for a nice road section of twisty turns etc.  However, that feeling might be influenced on the 996 being a Tip and the 987 being manual, as I've not actually driven a 996 manual for comparison (apart from a short drive in a 996 GT3RS, and believe me that is NO comparison 🙂 ).  Now, comparing the 987 manual to the 981 PDK, much as I loved the 6sp in the 987, the PDK is absolutely magic.  Comparing the PDK to Tip, no real comparison.  Apart from the nice bit of being able to change down in the Tip for corners etc by using the wheel buttons, the Tip is really just like any auto, just wish PDK could be retrofitted...... 

Just about to put my Tip on the market though, as a GT3 opportunity has just arisen.....

21 minutes ago, Tips said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but good starting price with some extra goodies. Would be nice to know what drove the reason to rebuild incl new bore sleeves and who did the work. Possibly could be had cheap @LeeM and we could do a deal on your HK AC 😉

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/malvern-east/cars-vans-utes/rare-2000-porsche-911-carrera-black-on-black-manual-/1210163349

I've spoken to this guy on Gumtree at some length. 

The engine was purchased from Vertex Automotive in the states, and imported and fitted to the car here by DHM. Only about 2000km on the new engine, selling now because owner is starting a business. I think it would potentially be a good buy. 

I told him that I was interested at the time, for a number starting with a 4... he initially said no way, but at the same time I did the deal on Ken, he got back in touch to ask what my offer would be - so I think he would take an offer in the late 40s... 

56 minutes ago, Tips said:

Nice looking thing, but that one raised too many eyebrows for me mate. No idea why, yet reading @daveyoul comments above it makes it a bit more appealing.

As @Coastr mentioned in another thread, I do have to consider a ppi, freight, transfer, rego, stamp duty, so I'd need to get it low to mid 40's to make it worthwhile for me financially. I also have a 2001 tip here for $35k which I drove (well I think it's still for sale), yet after driving Phil's car last weekend, the manual is more fun than I thought it would be.

Still not in deep s..t just yet, but in my job we don't know what work is coming up at the moment due to a lull in builders pouring slabs

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Nice looking thing, but that one raised too many eyebrows for me mate. No idea why, yet reading @daveyoul comments above it makes it a bit more appealing.

As @Coastr mentioned in another thread, I do have to consider a ppi, freight, transfer, rego, stamp duty, so I'd need to get it low to mid 40's to make it worthwhile for me financially. I also have a 2001 tip here for $35k which I drove (well I think it's still for sale), yet after driving Phil's car last weekend, the manual is more fun than I thought it would be.

Still not in deep s..t just yet, but in my job we don't know what work is coming up at the moment due to a lull in builders pouring slabs

Not for sale anymore,bought sight unseen by Queenslander

I do have a friend about to put this on the market thought I would put it up here first thought someone might be interested

Black with Savannah interior

1998 3.4 L Manual 110,000 km full up to date history and books ,IMS done 997 clutch , Fabspeed headers and sport exhaust

New Bilstein suspension on all corners new tyres . $54K is where he is at

IMG_2417.jpg

IMG_2275.jpg