MARTY

996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

16 hours ago, Nugget said:

Spoke with the seller, he didn't mention the engine or the gearbox.

Sent me the receipts for work done which was how I know, so great outcome for the buyer!

On 01/03/2019 at 11:25, PASHN8 said:

Sent me the receipts for work done which was how I know, so great outcome for the buyer!

The seller just sent me details of the original delivery documents and receipts quoting the current engine number and they are the same.

You must be thinking of a different car, because the seller assures me he knows nothing about a replacement engine or rebuilt trans. 

I'm looking at a 996 who's owner lives at the end of a badly corrugated dirt road about 1km. I know some 2wd cars tend to rattle themselves to pieces, has anyone had any experience with a Porsche on dirt roads?

I would def get a ppi on that one- get it up on a hoist and see for yourself- poor roads could age a car quickly. There is nothing like looking under a car and seeing a fresh underside free of scratches, stone chips, dust, dirt and mild sand blasting etc. Or, just rally the thing!

3 hours ago, Nugget said:

I'm looking at a 996 who's owner lives at the end of a badly corrugated dirt road about 1km. I know some 2wd cars tend to rattle themselves to pieces, has anyone had any experience with a Porsche on dirt roads?

I wouldn't be too concerned with 1km of corrugated dirt road... has the car lived there all it's life... has the owner done multiple trips in the Porsche each a day, or once a week, or a couple of times a month... have the corrugations always been there?

I had a girlfriend who lived 7k's up a dirt road... the first trip out there in the 996 I was freaking out... but I soon stopped worrying, the 996 is a very solid, well put together car. We've since broken up and as far as I can tell apart from a bit of extra dust in the engine bay there's been no obvious detrimental signs...to the car, that is.

What $ would an X51 optioned 996 command over non-X51 now days? Haven’t seen one advertised for a while on the open market and wonder if they were all manual coupes or some cabs were optioned X51 too?

7 hours ago, Nugget said:

It didn't sell on Sunday then.

I wouldn't worry too much about his driving. He's soooo particular and measured in everything i saw him do, he was here an hour and a half. 

I'd say he would have driven very slowly over it.

I noticed on the receipt that there was a noise noted in the ppi he had done before buying. Then they replaced the rose joints and swaybar links. It may be a new noise or they never found it? Get it cheap enough it won't matter?  I can't recommend anyone near by for a ppi. Someone will know.

5 hours ago, DT said:

I wouldn't be too concerned with 1km of corrugated dirt road... has the car lived there all it's life... has the owner done multiple trips in the Porsche each a day, or once a week, or a couple of times a month... have the corrugations always been there?

He's owned it for 2 years and its done about 6000Km

27 minutes ago, firstone said:

It didn't sell on Sunday then.

I wouldn't worry too much about his driving. He's soooo particular and measured in everything i saw him do, he was here an hour and a half. 

I'd say he would have driven very slowly over it.

I noticed on the receipt that there was a noise noted in the ppi he had done before buying. Then they replaced the rose joints and swaybar links. It may be a new noise or they never found it? Get it cheap enough it won't matter?  I can't recommend anyone near by for a ppi. Someone will know.

Its still on the market.

The noise is a new one and unfortunately he's not going to budge much on price ($2K), given he's had it on the market since October, he's obviously going to stick close to his asking price.

I think its worth about $48-49, given a 03 manual sold the other day by a dealer in GC for $55K. I always thought the gap between tip and manual was much more than that. I really want a manual but I think I'll still be happy with a tip.

Also, as I'll be driving back to Cairns, I've just heard the Bruce Hwy is really bad from Mackay north.

13 minutes ago, Nugget said:

I really want a manual but I think I'll still be happy with a tip.

I did that once. 

I wasn't happy.

That's me though.

31 minutes ago, Nugget said:

I think its worth about $48-49, given a 03 manual sold the other day by a dealer in GC for $55K. I always thought the gap between tip and manual was much more than that. I really want a manual but I think I'll still be happy with a tip.

Drive both first, as it could be an expensive mistake just settling for something you don't REALLY want

31 minutes ago, Nugget said:

Also, as I'll be driving back to Cairns, I've just heard the Bruce Hwy is really bad from Mackay north.

Yep, pot holes the size of Porsche’s and you usually don’t see them until it’s too late 

49 minutes ago, Nugget said:

He's owned it for 2 years and its done about 6000Km

Its still on the market.

The noise is a new one and unfortunately he's not going to budge much on price ($2K), given he's had it on the market since October, he's obviously going to stick close to his asking price.

The one on the GC has a fairly average service record and was hail damaged late last year. Tho was getting repaired under dealers insurance 

17 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Drive both first, as it could be an expensive mistake just settling for something you don't REALLY want

Yep, part of the reason I keep an eye out for a Cayman S. Similar price point to a 996 tip. 

17 hours ago, 356993??? said:

What $ would an X51 optioned 996 command over non-X51 now days? Haven’t seen one advertised for a while on the open market and wonder if they were all manual coupes or some cabs were optioned X51 too?

C'mon all you lurking X51 owners, page 51, now's your chance to excite/bore us all rigid with how awesome your fancy bits are and what they're worth.

On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 16:19, 356993??? said:

Probably depends on what style of 996 or 997 (cab, auto, coupe, manual, carrera, 4S) optioned up to the X51 PowerKit, and the condition of that car.

I'd say it would add 20% $$$$ to the price of whatever 996 or 997 it was optioned on. Certainly adds way more than that to the acceleration and feel of the car. And much needed added engine oiling and cooling reliability under track conditions.

Any 996 from 1999 or 997.1 (non S??) could have had the option if the buyer ticked the $20,000+  box. I only know of 6 cars for sale in the past 4 years advertised with the X51 option. 2 were 40th anniversary models (comes standard), one a cab auto, and the other 3 were all manual C2 coupes.

7 hours ago, DT said:

C'mon all you lurking X51 owners, page 51, now's your chance to excite/bore us all rigid with how awesome your fancy bits are and what they're worth.

I'll excite you - AWESOME.

393871d1256098457-how-many-2005-996-c4s-

12 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Probably depends on what style of 996 or 997 (cab, auto, coupe, manual, carrera, 4S) optioned up to the X51 PowerKit, and the condition of that car.

I'd say it would add 20% $$$$ to the price of whatever 996 or 997 it was optioned on. Certainly adds way more than that to the acceleration and feel of the car. And much needed added engine oiling and cooling reliability under track conditions.

Any 996 from 1999 or 997.1 (non S??) could have had the option if the buyer ticked the $20,000+  box. I've only seen 5 cars for sale in the past 4 years advertised with the X51 option. 2 were 40th anniversary models (comes standard) and the other 3 were all manual C2 coupes.

I'll excite you - AWESOME.

viewattachment?&accountId&folder=Sent&uid=4498&part=1

I've seen a Tip Cab with X51for sale, it was sometime last year

On 03/03/2019 at 11:57, Nugget said:

The seller just sent me details of the original delivery documents and receipts quoting the current engine number and they are the same.

You must be thinking of a different car, because the seller assures me he knows nothing about a replacement engine or rebuilt trans. 

Sorry, I was talking about the black Carrera 4 that Daveyoul snapped up in NSW.

2 hours ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

Who snapped this up?

Still listed as for sale unless I am missing something?

8 hours ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

Who snapped this up?

Check out this Porsche 911 Carrera.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-Porsche-911-Carrera-996-Manual-MY03/OAG-AD-16992686

It couldn't have been on the market for more than a couple of hours.

I saw it up for sale at lunchtime yesterday then gone by the time I got home. Not sure on the grey interior, reminds me of EF Falcon I used to have😂

2 hours ago, PDean said:

I saw it up for sale at lunchtime yesterday then gone by the time I got home. Not sure on the grey interior, reminds me of EF Falcon I used to have😂

And what's wrong with grey?

I like it now, at least you called it EF Falcon grey and not Hilux grey like my son.:D

ooh, same as mine

11 hours ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

Who snapped this up?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-Porsche-911-Carrera-996-Manual-MY03/OAG-AD-16992686

14 hours ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

Who snapped this up?

Apparently deposit taken over phone off to FNQ. A few calls taken and a list of potentials if finance falls through so assume full ask I would say.

based on recent adverts for manual coupes with far more Km’s probably not a bad price even with the grey interior (not my fav either)

1 hour ago, Tips said:

Apparently deposit taken over phone off to FNQ. A few calls taken and a list of potentials if finance falls through so assume full ask I would say.

based on recent adverts for manual coupes with far more Km’s probably not a bad price even with the grey interior (not my fav either)

So what was the ask?

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

So what was the ask?

it was $64,900 and got the feeling that he probably didn’t haggle

11 hours ago, TINGY996 said:

And what's wrong with grey?

I like it now, at least you called it EF Falcon grey and not Hilux grey like my son.:D

ooh, same as mine

Here goes interior colour preference 

Black - Safe choice I guess, but ages well.

Blue - Suprisingly a very close 2nd. 

Grey - In the 996 it's a bit too light for me personally. Still a consideration 🤔

Lucky last the tan. A bit too baby poo for me, but the 997 987 series is a bit better.