MARTY

996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

1 hour ago, PDean said:

Here goes interior colour preference 

Black - Safe choice I guess, but ages well.

Blue - Suprisingly a very close 2nd. 

Grey - In the 996 it's a bit too light for me personally. Still a consideration 🤔

Lucky last the tan. A bit too baby poo for me, but the 997 987 series is a bit better.

Actually, I think a big part is the body colour too.  Can't say I was a fan of the light grey interior, but certainly I'm happy with the Seal Grey / Black interior of my 996.2.  However, the Seal Grey body and Terracotta interior of our 987 I reckon was sensational.  Possibly 987 was only  model with this option, haven't seen a 996 or 997 with that colour

8 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Actually, I think a big part is the body colour too.  Can't say I was a fan of the light grey interior, but certainly I'm happy with the Seal Grey / Black interior of my 996.2.  However, the Seal Grey body and Terracotta interior of our 987 I reckon was sensational.  Possibly 987 was only  model with this option, haven't seen a 996 or 997 with that colour

Terracotta, forgot about that one. I'd place that in 3rd above grey. Have to ask you TwoHeadsTas how has the your 996 tip been in comparison to manual 987 and from memory your 981 pdk? Market flooded with 996 tips and a manual that fits my criteria hard to come by. 

Not sure if this has been mentioned but good starting price with some extra goodies. Would be nice to know what drove the reason to rebuild incl new bore sleeves and who did the work. Possibly could be had cheap @LeeM and we could do a deal on your HK AC 😉

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/malvern-east/cars-vans-utes/rare-2000-porsche-911-carrera-black-on-black-manual-/1210163349

1 hour ago, PDean said:

Terracotta, forgot about that one. I'd place that in 3rd above grey. Have to ask you TwoHeadsTas how has the your 996 tip been in comparison to manual 987 and from memory your 981 pdk? Market flooded with 996 tips and a manual that fits my criteria hard to come by. 

PDean, the  996 and 987 really are totally different cars, given much different handling characteristics due to weight, engine location etc.  996 definitely a cruiser IMO, 987 much better for a nice road section of twisty turns etc.  However, that feeling might be influenced on the 996 being a Tip and the 987 being manual, as I've not actually driven a 996 manual for comparison (apart from a short drive in a 996 GT3RS, and believe me that is NO comparison 🙂 ).  Now, comparing the 987 manual to the 981 PDK, much as I loved the 6sp in the 987, the PDK is absolutely magic.  Comparing the PDK to Tip, no real comparison.  Apart from the nice bit of being able to change down in the Tip for corners etc by using the wheel buttons, the Tip is really just like any auto, just wish PDK could be retrofitted...... 

Just about to put my Tip on the market though, as a GT3 opportunity has just arisen.....

21 minutes ago, Tips said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but good starting price with some extra goodies. Would be nice to know what drove the reason to rebuild incl new bore sleeves and who did the work. Possibly could be had cheap @LeeM and we could do a deal on your HK AC 😉

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/malvern-east/cars-vans-utes/rare-2000-porsche-911-carrera-black-on-black-manual-/1210163349

I've spoken to this guy on Gumtree at some length. 

The engine was purchased from Vertex Automotive in the states, and imported and fitted to the car here by DHM. Only about 2000km on the new engine, selling now because owner is starting a business. I think it would potentially be a good buy. 

I told him that I was interested at the time, for a number starting with a 4... he initially said no way, but at the same time I did the deal on Ken, he got back in touch to ask what my offer would be - so I think he would take an offer in the late 40s... 

56 minutes ago, Tips said:

Nice looking thing, but that one raised too many eyebrows for me mate. No idea why, yet reading @daveyoul comments above it makes it a bit more appealing.

As @Coastr mentioned in another thread, I do have to consider a ppi, freight, transfer, rego, stamp duty, so I'd need to get it low to mid 40's to make it worthwhile for me financially. I also have a 2001 tip here for $35k which I drove (well I think it's still for sale), yet after driving Phil's car last weekend, the manual is more fun than I thought it would be.

Still not in deep s..t just yet, but in my job we don't know what work is coming up at the moment due to a lull in builders pouring slabs

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Nice looking thing, but that one raised too many eyebrows for me mate. No idea why, yet reading @daveyoul comments above it makes it a bit more appealing.

As @Coastr mentioned in another thread, I do have to consider a ppi, freight, transfer, rego, stamp duty, so I'd need to get it low to mid 40's to make it worthwhile for me financially. I also have a 2001 tip here for $35k which I drove (well I think it's still for sale), yet after driving Phil's car last weekend, the manual is more fun than I thought it would be.

Still not in deep s..t just yet, but in my job we don't know what work is coming up at the moment due to a lull in builders pouring slabs

Not for sale anymore,bought sight unseen by Queenslander

I do have a friend about to put this on the market thought I would put it up here first thought someone might be interested

Black with Savannah interior

1998 3.4 L Manual 110,000 km full up to date history and books ,IMS done 997 clutch , Fabspeed headers and sport exhaust

New Bilstein suspension on all corners new tyres . $54K is where he is at

IMG_2417.jpg

IMG_2275.jpg

18 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I do have a friend about to put this on the market thought I would put it up here first thought someone might be interested

1998 3.4 L Manual 110,000 km full up to date history and books ,IMS done 997 clutch , Fabspeed headers and sport exhaust

IMG_2417.jpg

IMG_2275.jpg

Very fair price, if only it was a different colour.......

57 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

IMG_2417.jpg

IMG_2275.jpg

Short ownership quick flip?

@LeeM you should have bought this

6 minutes ago, James P said:

He is loving the car and ownership but is in the market for a 997 Carrera S . 

45 minutes ago, PDean said:

Very fair price🤔 Isn't this the one bought for @ 40k very recently? 

Yep . Everything that was wrong with it is now right with it he has spent some money on the car since then . Seems fair . 

45 minutes ago, PDean said:

Very fair price🤔 Isn't this the one bought for @ 40k very recently? 

How much you think it’s worth Dean ? 

27 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Yep . Everything that was wrong with it is now right with it he has spent some money on the car since then . Seems fair . 

28 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Ok so if he's spent a bit on it, suspension and tyres plus some other stuff I guess asking price not too bad. Don't have all the details, but leaves some wiggle room. 

4 minutes ago, PDean said:

Ok so if he's spent a bit on it, suspension and tyres plus some other stuff I guess asking price not too bad. Don't have all the details, but leaves some wiggle room. 

Make him a offer . You will notice the drug dealer wheels are no longer there either .He would most likely throw them in on the deal make perfect hose reels for your Crib Dean 

3 hours ago, James P said:

I was close :D  

I'm hanging out for a little while yet mate, and I don't want to insult Kym with the offer I would need to get it for

15 hours ago, wilson59 said:

He is loving the car and ownership but is in the market for a 997 Carrera S . 

Why is he after a 997s?

Yes I think so, and rebuilt the engine I think...apparently to 3.8...interesting to the know the details on that.

It’s sooo cheap but still my non fav interior matched with a less desireable exterior colour. 

1 hour ago, Peter John said:

Why is he after a 997s?

Wild guess here . I'm going with he likes them ?

27 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Wild guess here . I'm going with he likes them ?

Wasn’t trying to be smart- was after his reasoning if you knew. It’s not like he is going from a 356 to 992 if you know what I mean. 

1 minute ago, Peter John said:

Wasn’t trying to be smart- was after his reasoning if you knew. It’s not like he is going from a 356 to 992 if you know what I mean. 

I do know . He likes them .

I went from a iPhone 6 to a iPhone 7 . Seriously FU decision making on my part but I did  have more cred

2 hours ago, wilson59 said:

I went from a iPhone 6 to a iPhone 7 . Seriously FU decision making on my part but I did  have more cred

You sure about that? 😉Samsung mate...Samsung 👍