996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

15 minutes ago, D2000 said:

Thought the same thing when it popped on my alert, dreaming. It’s well spec’ed but there is a 997 manual for  not much more if someone was spending $80k for a more modern manual.

7 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Tell him he's dreamin mate...oh hang on a sec 😁

No discount for PFA members 🙊

Any idea what was wrong with it at 40K apart from the non genuine wheels that have been changed? 

7 minutes ago, kov said:

No discount for PFA members 🙊

Any idea what was wrong with it at 40K apart from the non genuine wheels that have been changed? 

Nothing as far as I'm aware mate. IMS done, 997 clutch and a few other things. It's a great car that has now had new shocks, rims and tyres fitted. Definitely worth a call/look at if you're after one 

13 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Nothing as far as I'm aware mate. IMS done, 997 clutch and a few other things. It's a great car that has now had new shocks, rims and tyres fitted. Definitely worth a call/look at if you're after one 

Yep I have been in this car a few times it’s a great car . I am sure the owner will welcome any inspections 

Haha can't even believe they are using that as a selling point...

They should have read the manual:

Note
Under no circumstances should tires older than
6 years be used on your Porsche. The age of the tire can be obtained from the "DOT" code number. If, for example, the last three numbers read 1202, then the tire was produced in the 12th week of 2002.

8 hours ago, dan_189 said:

"Period correct Pirelli P Zero tyres" So it needs new tyres then...?

I want to know how is that SAT Nav working, mine tells me it needs a SIM and phone network from 2004, maybe the owner has a time machine and that explains the mileage and tyres too.

3 hours ago, Fraz said:

I want to know how is that SAT Nav working, mine tells me it needs a SIM and phone network from 2004, maybe the owner has a time machine and that explains the mileage and tyres too.

I didn't think the sat nav needed a sim card as it should have the GPS unit on the dashboard near the alarm LED - then again I only have the minimalist CDR23 haha 

4 hours ago, Fraz said:

Try Optus they're still using the 2004 system🤣 

Have the same satnav in the 2007 and all working fine. Fraz you'd be going too fast in that beast to pay attention to the satnav mate....

2 hours ago, dan_189 said:

I didn't think the sat nav needed a sim card as it should have the GPS unit on the dashboard near the alarm LED - then again I only have the minimalist CDR23 haha 

I haven’t really looked at it to be honest. Turned the NAV on once and it said no SIM found so I never bothered again, more likely to be user error. 

Good to know thanks man. 

Edit:

Yep user error, press NAV I get this message on the screen  

“Insert Navigation CD” which I don’t have and is well out of date now anyway.

Bloody modern trickery gets me every time.

“That’s it, back to Air Cooled”