996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

36 minutes ago, PDean said:

Maybe given enough time the earliest .1 will level peg with .2  or overtake it as the last of the "pure" back to basics 911's. 

In my opinion this may not happen because it shares the look with the boxster - but hey who knows

On 27/03/2019 at 21:11, PDean said:

Maybe given enough time the earliest .1 will level peg with .2  or overtake it as the last of the "pure" back to basics 911's. 

I have been thinking much like Pdean that the first gen 98 year model might be a good longer term proposition.  Feedback I’m hearing is the 3.6 and S tip in the .2 is a better combo as well as trim less plastc.   lower km .1’ coupes I am seeing around the $40k mark and then .2’s closer to $50 for good cars with history.

I would be interested in some opinions of owners on the .1 over .2 and as I’m getting close on pulling the trigger on a 996 tip as a daily and longer term hold for the next iteration of my P car journey. Once I clear the Macan off the books I will then look to add an AC to the back of the garage for weekends to complete the set.

2 hours ago, Tips said:

I have been thinking much like Pdean that the first gen 98 year model might be a good longer term proposition.  Feedback I’m hearing is the 3.6 and S tip in the .2 is a better combo as well as trim less plastc.   lower km .1’ coupes I am seeing around the $40k mark and then .2’s closer to $50 for good cars with history.

I would be interested in some opinions of owners on the .1 over .2 and as I’m getting close on pulling the trigger on a 996 tip as a daily and longer term hold for the next iteration of my P car journey. Once I clear the Macan off the books I will then look to add an AC to the back of the garage for weekends to complete the set.

Pity the Macan doesn't have 200kg or so higher towing ATM we might have been able to come to a trade deal - I'm now looking to replace my Territory as tow vehicle for our caravan and we need ATM of at least 2600kg.

Must admit a Touareg is probably front runner at this stage, can get a 5 year newer and 70000km less one for same price as a Cayenne, doesn't really make much sense to buy The Cayenne I'm afraid.

But, I've had a good local bite on my 996.2 purely from a for sale sign at a car show last weekend, so get in quick @Tips if you're interested 😉

16 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Pity the Macan doesn't have 200kg or so higher towing ATM we might have been able to come to a trade deal - I'm now looking to replace my Territory as tow vehicle for our caravan and we need ATM of at least 2600kg.

Must admit a Touareg is probably front runner at this stage, can get a 5 year newer and 70000km less one for same price as a Cayenne, doesn't really make much sense to buy The Cayenne I'm afraid.

But, I've had a good local bite on my 996.2 purely from a for sale sign at a car show last weekend, so get in quick @Tips if you're interested 😉

I was just re reading ur email over coffee when I posted above. I’m very interested but you might not like my price though😮

I’d even throw a tow bar on the  macan if u want do do a trade deal. It’s sitting at PCSS getting a service so only a call away!!!

2 minutes ago, Tips said:

I was just re reading ur email over coffee when I posted above. I’m very interested but you might not like my price though😮

I’d even throw a tow bar on the  macan if u want do do a trade deal. It’s sitting at PCSS getting a service so only a call away!!!

Sorry mate, towing the van with the Macan would be illegal and void my insurance, even though it would be (just) within actual weight, as we never fill the van right up and make use of the 400kg weight allowance.

And you mightn't like my price on Macan either 🙂 

Make me a PM offer on the 996 anyway, who knows.......

4 minutes ago, PDean said:

Re-engined?  3.6 in an early 3.4 body.  Probably almost be a pay over the phone, no PPI proposition if not on WOVR........

14 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Re-engined?  3.6 in an early 3.4 body.  Probably almost be a pay over the phone, no PPI proposition if not on WOVR........

He passes me on my way to work in this and for that price it’s a bargain

17 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Maybe listed wrong as when I took a 2nd look it's also got 993 in title. So I guess has 3.4 still. Personally not keen on anything with 200k plus km on it, but that doesn't stop some people with a lower budget. Might need a quick sale. 

1 minute ago, Rick V said:

@LeeM this has your name written all over it!!

I was waiting for you or @PhilH to pipe up and ya didnt let me down mate 😁That's a bargain and won't last long if it checks out ok. If it was here I'd be looking at it for sure.

5 minutes ago, LeeM said:

I was waiting for you or @PhilH to pipe up and ya didnt let me down mate 😁

That's what friends are for!!  

This low price makes a change-over worthwhile $$'s wise, even if you had to splash some cash on the 996 to get it. Up to scratch.

I picked up a 98 996 Tip a few years back. It had everything I didn’t really want, Tiptronic, amber lights and Savanna interior, but its crazy low 29,000 Km’s I just couldn’t let it go. I paid $46K, but when you see what you get for your money or for the price of a basic Golf GTI... it’s an absolute bargain. 

I didn’t pay big bucks for my car, so I’m much more inclined to play around with it and make it my car. Updated brakes, 997 lobster claw wheels (purists would love that), Cargraphic exhaust, rear wiper delete, GT3 side skirts and I even fitted AMG paddle shifters (a must for Tiptronics). I have Cobra Nagaro seats and Bilstein PS10 coilovers on the list next and it won’t stop there  

Do it and do it soon because there won’t be many good ones left at this rate, or at these prices. 

Oh... I wouldn’t change the ambers or savanna interior now, it seems to get better with age.

save-new-87.jpg?w=1536

save-new-89.jpg?w=1534

22.jpg?w=1536

48 minutes ago, Rick V said:

That's what friends are for!!  

This low price makes a change-over worthwhile $$'s wise, even if you had to splash some cash on the 996 to get it. Up to scratch.

It does. I can assure you if that was here, I'd be all over it and mine would be for sale...probably 😁

5 minutes ago, LeeM said:

It does. I can assure you if that was here, I'd be all over it and mine would be for sale...probably 😁

Hurry up Lee, make an offer,  do you want me to book you a one way ticket for tomorrow I have some points in the bank...😏

48 minutes ago, Tips said:

Hurry up Lee, make an offer,  do you want me to book you a one way ticket for tomorrow I have some points in the bank...😏

Can you add $24k to that mate? I'm a bit short this week...err...year 👍😁

Text sent @Tips 

(WTF am I doing???? 😳😫

15 hours ago, PDean said:

Almost too good to be true :ph34r:

Has anyone made contact with the seller? 

Apparently the seller is in Dandenong.  I'm pretty sure those photos show the Shannons car park in the background?

Reference to 993 in the ad, super cheap price, Vic Roads website says registered til 1st of June 2019 but ad says Nov 2019.........I smell a rat.

27 minutes ago, Stepo said:

Almost too good to be true :ph34r:

Has anyone made contact with the seller? ........I smell a rat.

I've called and text the number. No replies as yet, so maybe you're right