996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

On 12/03/2019 at 20:10, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

Who snapped this up?

Check out this Porsche 911 Carrera.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-Porsche-911-Carrera-996-Manual-MY03/OAG-AD-16992686

It couldn't have been on the market for more than a couple of hours.

Guilty your honour, just picked it up this morning from the Ceva agent, was brought up on the race transporter for the standard service price.

Love the colour and the wheels, was more than I wanted to pay for a 996 but its only on 65,800Km, had IMS retrofit, new clutch, flywheel and RMS 12,000Km ago

Major service just completed and new tyres.

Its pouring with rain atm so might have to wait til tomorrow to take it for a decent drive.

So glad I didn't settle for a Tip.

Wanted a Pcar for so long, have to keep pinching myself.

42 minutes ago, Nugget said:

Guilty your honour, just picked it up this morning from the Ceva agent, was brought up on the race transporter for the standard service price.

Love the colour and the wheels, was more than I wanted to pay for a 996 but its only on 65,800Km, had IMS retrofit, new clutch, flywheel and RMS 12,000Km ago

Major service just completed and new tyres.

Its pouring with rain atm so might have to wait til tomorrow to take it for a decent drive.

So glad I didn't settle for a Tip.

Your going to love it, i have the same year, awesome cars.

1 hour ago, Nugget said:

Guilty, was more than I wanted to pay for a 996 

Congrats 👍 Once you get driving it, you’ll soon forget what you paid for it!!  And I suspect that in years to come you will be patting yourself on the back for buying so ‘cheaply’... whilst others held back.

Have a read of the other forums with everyone going nuts over someone asking $250K for a 3.2.... I reckon it kinda puts in perspective as to what a bargain you’ve got.

Hope the weather breaks soon & you get to go for a decent fang....they are great cars.....with no such thing as buyer’s remorse!! Enjoy.

9 hours ago, smit2100 said:

US dyno??. Don't you need to apply a 20% reduction factor to get a true crank number.

They measured RWHP, obviously flywheel number would be approx. 20% greater, is that what you meant?

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 20:43, Peter John said:

Sold. I confess I collect next week.

Where did this one go @P-Kay? Show us more!

Does that mean you will no longer be a mother fucker?

17 minutes ago, 9er said:

They measured RWHP, obviously flywheel number would be approx. 20% greater, is that what you meant?

Does that mean you will no longer be a mother fucker?

No.  If that was a dynojet dyno they appear to have a reputation for being calibrated on the high side.

17 minutes ago, smit2100 said:

No.  If that was a dynojet dyno they appear to have a reputation for being calibrated on the high side.

You appear to be confused when you say you want to reduce the reading to get a crank output figure?

35 minutes ago, DT said:

Very nice looking aero kitted Mk1 coupe with low k's, seems reasonably priced:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1999/SSE-AD-6026913/?Cr=2

Looks nice and seems reasonable price for the kms and kit. Odd that has the orange rear lights but not the yellow indicators on the front - must have upgraded them at some stage

On 08/04/2019 at 11:41, DT said:

Very nice looking aero kitted Mk1 coupe with low k's, seems reasonably priced:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1999/SSE-AD-6026913/?Cr=2

Just wondering what value in $$$$ would you guys place on a genuine body kit? A couple of SA cars have been mentioned here @60k (C2 low km no kit and C4 higher km with kit) and being high in price. Does the combo of kit and low km of the black one equate to asking price? I would have thought price close to 996.2 range 🤔

Looks like trying a 2nd time trying to sell if memory serves me right.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1998-Porsche-911-Carrera-996-Manual/SSE-AD-5063151?pageSource=details&id=SSE-AD-5063151