996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

On 08/04/2019 at 12:18, D2000 said:

Looks nice and seems reasonable price for the kms and kit. Odd that has the orange rear lights but not the yellow indicators on the front - must have upgraded them at some stage

Is the steering wheel a my2000 onwards shape?

11 hours ago, RennRob said:

Is the steering wheel a my2000 onwards shape?

5 hours ago, D2000 said:

Not sure. I thought it was just an option

I concur. I have that wheel on my 1999 car as well, and it’s on the options sticker as 436 - “3 spoke steering wheel”

13 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Yeah @PDean that was was up for sale about 12 months (or longer) ago. From memory it was up for for over 60k too.

I wonder if that was before or after the $26000 engine rebuild? Looks like 150K to 160K  is when the motor &/or IMS finally fails on the 996. Lots of people selling with around that mileage.

This car at least has had the expensive refurbishment done.

1 hour ago, Zelrik911 said:

I wonder if that was before or after the $26000 engine rebuild? Looks like 150K to 160K  is when the motor &/or IMS finally fails on the 996. Lots of people selling with around that mileage.

This car at least has had the expensive refurbishment done.

Was advertised with the rebuilt donk ....General consensus of the WW forums is if the IMSB fails it'll be early in the engine's life ie, 20 - 50 klms, rather than later.

9 minutes ago, Zelrik911 said:

Yep - cringeworthy carwash photos !!!!  What you would expect on GumTree.

I believe occasionally it's pronounced "ScumTree" 

Was selling something once and got offered in trade for a python, yeah no thanks (no offence to the reptile collectors on PFA - just not my thing and an odd thing to be offered IMO)

34 minutes ago, Zelrik911 said:

Yep - cringeworthy carwash photos !!!!  What you would expect on GumTree.

Except that one is from carsales 😁 

Agree though...They could have made a bit more of an effort and not the generic '235kw of power' wording 

2 hours ago, dan_189 said:

Was selling something once and got offered in trade for a python, yeah no thanks (no offence to the reptile collectors on PFA - just not my thing and an odd thing to be offered IMO)

He mighta been talking in "code" for something else he was offering you that had nothing to do with reptiles... would not surprise me on sGumtree.

3 hours ago, dan_189 said:

Dam... Guessing my offer of a Goldfish and a one eyed cat for your GT3 rear spoiler is not looking too promising then 😂

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, LeeM said:

It's on my list as I reckon I am back on the hunt to upgrade the 986 to a 911 when I return from the US at the end of July.

This one and a nice white one in Victoria.

Also saw a blue Targa at a dealer. I have read some bad publicity on these modern Targas (just a big sunroof), anyone here have first hand experience with them?

7 hours ago, LeeM said:

Yeah, pretty certain that is the one that sat at Richmonds for quite a while.... I looked at it (not to PPI stage), and it looks like a great example of the model with the bonus of a rebuilt motor.

51 minutes ago, Rick V said:

Yeah, pretty certain that is the one that sat at Richmonds for quite a while.... I looked at it (not to PPI stage), and it looks like a great example of the model with the bonus of a rebuilt motor.

I thought it looked familiar 👍

57 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

This one is currently parked with a for sale sign on it near the McDonalds at Victor Harbor.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1999-Porsche-911-Carrera-4-996-Manual-AWD/SSE-AD-5989721

He lives at McCracken It was at the Porsche club display a few weeks ago. Nice car and well looked after, though the headlight covers will put a few people off. I like them personally. Might be a tad over priced at the moment too. The gent has the onset of dementia, so it's a very reluctant sale