996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

13 hours ago, kov said:

Wow that’s a ripper price!!

what’s a manual conversion worth? 🤨 at that price point it gives me silly 3 pedal ideas!

Unless you had a donor car and did all the work yourself I'd imagine it's not worth the time and effort. 

3 hours ago, TINGY996 said:

If it's sold someone probably has just got themselves a bargain.

I just got the "Sold" email from CarSales, so perhaps it has....

1 hour ago, Peter M said:

and the other Tip cars would still be right on your arse on SMT's!

And talking of tips, how about this fantastic looking one that's just been listed.  Seeing as it's in Tassie, I reckon the owner could be talked into a deal including freight back to Melbourne 😉 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2002-porsche-911-carrera-996-auto-my02/SSE-AD-6238785/?Cr=3

In full disclosure, it's mine 🙂 

10 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

And talking of tips, how about this fantastic looking one that's just been listed.  Seeing as it's in Tassie, I reckon the owner could be talked into a deal including freight back to Melbourne 😉 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2002-porsche-911-carrera-996-auto-my02/SSE-AD-6238785/?Cr=3

In full disclosure, it's mine 🙂 

I hear some weird things about this seller 😂😂😂

On 15/08/2019 at 19:44, JWM said:

Looks nice in "Ocean Blue" ... Bit more green to it than Lapis Blue?

He's done all the expensive work too, which I have a new appreciation for the cost of... 😂

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1998-porsche-911-carrera-996-manual/SSE-AD-6247796/

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 7.43.57 pm.png

Nice colour. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to sell given it's located 5 hours out of Sydney.

Looks great, and my favorite colour combo, but I reckon it’d want to be pretty much mint for that money, given the kms (even taking into account the $$’s spent).

Having said that, compared to late AC cars,  this is cheap entry into genuine Pcar performance & fun. 

Closer to $60K would be very smart buying, and pretty much future proof.

5 hours ago, Rick V said:

Looks great, and my favorite colour combo, but I reckon it’d want to be pretty much mint for that money, given the kms (even taking into account the $$’s spent).

Having said that, compared to late AC cars,  this is cheap entry into genuine Pcar performance & fun. 

Closer to $60K would be very smart buying, and pretty much future proof.

Yep 👍

That is decent coin for a '98 though. @James P white '98 was an utter bargain now at $20k less than this one 

22 minutes ago, LeeM said:

You have no idea how close I came to buying that one after you didn't! Think it sold for even less money too 🙄 

I know I still wake up in cold sweats over that, didn't react quick enough   :(

4 hours ago, LeeM said:

Yep 👍

That is decent coin for a '98 though. @James P white '98 was an utter bargain now at $20k less than this one 

Yeah it's right up there...That really was a great buy, and white is 😍 on the 996... If I hadn't just bought mine would have been tempted by it. I guess as it took a little while to sell, people didn't look past the km, but with all the work it had done I bet it was going to need less spent on it than a lot of lower km cars!

Not much to go on in the write up, but this seems like a really great buy if everything is in order... 

Would it be a 2001 built MY02 being a 3.6? For some reason I’ve always had it in my head 2001 = 996.1 and 2002 = 996.2 but I guess it would make sense there was a Model year change in late 2001.

Carsales

6po75uekbja5k8ydci5nheboz.jpg?pxc_method