996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Testing the market response at that price surely? 

You called it @LeeM 😁

I just noticed that it's now:

• Gone up in price from $40k to $45k
  • Had a transmission swap at some time this afternoon 😂... Was listed as a manual, now a tipper...

Maybe still reasonably priced if all the important stuff has been done, but being a tipper, not a bargain.

1 hour ago, JWM said:

You called it @LeeM 😁

I just noticed that it's now:

• Gone up in price from $40k to $45k
  • Had a transmission swap at some time this afternoon 😂... Was listed as a manual, now a tipper...

Maybe still reasonably priced if all the important stuff has been done, but being a tipper, not a bargain.

That was my second thought that it was a tip. Probably priced right, though the car in basically the same spec I drove for @Harsh earlier this year was $10k cheaper and lower kms (I'm told it actually sold for less than that), so it will be interesting to see if it sells near the asking price

2 hours ago, chalon said:

Just came across this on a Craigslist ad over in the states and thought some people keeping an eye on this thread might be interested.  Apologies in advance if it's not relevant:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/d/san-jose-porsche-911-carrera-coupe-trade/6959556620.html

Cheers

The problem is that equates to $23kaud for a LHD 996 before you ship it here and pay all the associated costs. There are plenty of 996s in the US at this price point....

3 hours ago, chalon said:

Just came across this on a Craigslist ad over in the states and thought some people keeping an eye on this thread might be interested.  Apologies in advance if it's not relevant:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/d/san-jose-porsche-911-carrera-coupe-trade/6959556620.html

Cheers

Having spent too much time on Rennlist I wouldn't go near any 996s in the US - they seem to be riddled with issues - bore scoring, near misses with IMS failures, lack of maintenance... the list goes on.

They aren't treated very nicely over there IMO.

23 hours ago, LeeM said:

That was my second thought that it was a tip. Probably priced right, though the car in basically the same spec I drove for @Harsh earlier this year was $10k cheaper and lower kms (I'm told it actually sold for less than that), so it will be interesting to see if it sells near the asking price

I called the owner straight after it was listed. He said he accidentally listed it as a manual, was trying to change it.

Still was probably good buying at $39k as it was initially listed

• 5 weeks later...
7 hours ago, dan_189 said:

Someone sold one of these not that long ago in a very similar spec with a factory aerokit for a very similar price

It had more like 55k km on it, though.  It sure what 20k km is worth price wise!