996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

1 hour ago, JLD said:

I was waiting for photos and it’s now showing as being snapped up?!

Ok I like an unusual color combo... but this one might be going too far!    Check out the other car in the garage... interesting that this seller has quite a rare car here and yet doesn't call that out at all in the listing. I'd be keen to know how long they waited for this combo, is it all that woodgrain factory?   Obviously it has upgraded stereo.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2002-porsche-911-carrera-cabriolet-996-auto-my03/SSE-AD-6404167/?Cr=44

unusual996.JPG

3 minutes ago, amanda said:

Ok I like an unusual color combo... but this one might be going too far!    Check out the other P car in the garage... interesting that this seller has quite a rare car here and yet doesn't call that out at all in the listing. I'd be keen to know how long they waited for this combo, is it all that woodgrain factory?   Obviously it has upgraded stereo.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2002-porsche-911-carrera-cabriolet-996-auto-my03/SSE-AD-6404167/?Cr=44

unusual996.JPG

When you say other P car, I think you really mean other pee pee car... who buys a Landcruiser in taxi yellow???

1 minute ago, D2000 said:

No wonder it sold so quickly

And only 60,000 is on the clock

21 minutes ago, JLD said:

When you say other P car, I think you really mean other pee pee car... who buys a Landcruiser in taxi yellow???

Yeh i had a second look and noticed the T badge.. at first glance I saw the yellow and 'assumed' it was a matching Cayenne... i mean who would do that eh?  Matching P cars makes more sense right?!

1 hour ago, amanda said:

Yeh i had a second look and noticed the T badge.. at first glance I saw the yellow and 'assumed' it was a matching Cayenne... i mean who would do that eh?  Matching P cars makes more sense right?!

I get yellow on a car like a GT3, but for me yellow on a standard car doesn’t work... and then combine that with tobacco and wood grain interior is a double whammy 

14 hours ago, JLD said:

I get yellow on a car like a GT3, but for me yellow on a standard car doesn’t work... and then combine that with tobacco and wood grain interior is a double whammy 

Don't mind the tan, but I don't think the woodgrain works.  No probs with yellow on a "normal" car...

Porsche had the woodgrain trim as an option. The radio trim alone is available  for $2500 USD from porcshe via suncoast parts. (or around $75 USD for plain colour plastic.) I can't imagine what the original buyer paid - looks like it has the radio trim, as well as gear shift , steering wheel, center console, doors. If it actually looked like wood i might understand.

5 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Don't mind the tan, but I don't think the woodgrain works.  No probs with yellow on a "normal" car...

I really don't like woodgrain!  I like this color combo IF it had black or CF... the wood is just  NOOOOOOOOO

And the stereo has to go too... not fan of those double din units in 996s.  I'd be looking at something more period correct for the car.

1 hour ago, amanda said:

I really don't like woodgrain!  I like this color combo IF it had black or CF... the wood is just  NOOOOOOOOO

And the stereo has to go too... not fan of those double din units in 996s.  I'd be looking at something more period correct for the car.

If you like colour and no wood grain, this might be a better bet:

Still have the double din stereo issue though!

41 minutes ago, JLD said:

If you like colour and no wood grain, this might be a better bet:

Still have the double din stereo issue though!

I've already met Jellybean and Taffy.  Taffy is a lovely bloke and has done some great work to Jellybean.  Unfortunately I'm not quite ready to buy ( that means I'm not 'allowed'  to buy a 911 yet - trust me I did some serious hardcore nagging)  otherwise Jellybean would have been getting a PPI!

Jellybean drives great and that color combo is sublime.  I sent  Porsche Aus an email asking how many Ocean Jade Metallic 996s were delivered to Aus but they didn't get back to me.  If anyone knows an email address that responds, please sing out as I'd love to find out to help out Taffy with his sale.

For anyone looking for a 996 Tip Convertible in the future - i'm flagging this vin number: 

WP0ZZZ99Z2S640159

Sold at the salvage auction - front end damage with no WOVR - beware when buying this car has been badly damaged and may be repaired and re-sold without a WOVR...

Capture.JPG

PPSR-Search-Certificate-5793646038770001.pdf

7 minutes ago, dan_189 said:

For anyone looking for a 996 Tip Convertible in the future - i'm flagging this vin number: 

WP0ZZZ99Z2S640159

Sold at the salvage auction - front end damage with no WOVR - beware when buying this car has been badly damaged and may be repaired and re-sold without a WOVR...

Capture.JPG

PPSR-Search-Certificate-5793646038770001.pdf 174.88 kB · 0 downloads

Any idea what it went for Dan?

1 minute ago, Rod C said:

Any idea what it went for Dan?

$10,250 - i'd say another 10k to get it all repaired and the buyer/repairer will probably sell for ~35k and make 15k off someone who will do a PPSR check and it comes back "clean"... The system has failed in this instance.

3 minutes ago, dan_189 said:

$10,250 - i'd say another 10k to get it all repaired and the buyer/repairer will probably sell for ~35k and make 15k off someone who will do a PPSR check and it comes back "clean"... The system has failed in this instance.

Only when it goes through insurance does it end up on the WOVR?

14 minutes ago, Rod C said:

Only when it goes through insurance does it end up on the WOVR?

I'm curious about this too as the seller was listed as "Insurer" so not sure how this car being so badly damaged ended up not being on the WOVR... Makes me not trust the system thats been put in place to give us some assurance that what were buying hasn't been so badly damaged then repaired... If it wasn't so bad - then sure no issue but that looks structural.

Maybe someone with more insight can enlighten us

10 minutes ago, dan_189 said:

I'm curious about this too as the seller was listed as "Insurer" so not sure how this car being so badly damaged ended up not being on the WOVR... Makes me not trust the system thats been put in place to give us some assurance that what were buying hasn't been so badly damaged then repaired... If it wasn't so bad - then sure no issue but that looks structural.

Maybe someone with more insight can enlighten us

My understanding is if the Insurance co doesn't pay out on the car, it isn't entered on the WOVR.  A silver GT3RS springs to mind from a couple of years ago that was relatively badly damaged, but it occurred during a motorsport event so no cover and therefore no payout.

It then made me wonder about the GTS damaged in Tassie last year during a Porsche Experience tour.  I wondered whether Porsche Aust self insure, in which case that car may well not have ended up on the WOVR despite a $100k+ repair bill.