MARTY

996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

11 hours ago, JWM said:

Also on Carsales. I thought I remembered a PFA member having a blue one with X51 kit? Can’t remember a name though... 🤔

It is a PFA members car.

Good new vid on 996 ownership experience:

20 hours ago, DT said:

Good new vid on 996 ownership experience:

Agreed, enjoyed watching, but......sore back after a couple of hours driving.......soft😆

47 minutes ago, Stepo said:

Agreed, enjoyed watching, but......sore back after a couple of hours driving.......soft😆

That’s what I thought! 😂

I drove mine from Adelaide to Sydney over two days, and I was shocked at how comfortable it was, especially for a 20yr old car. One of the better long haul drives I’ve ever done. 

I wonder if the seats in his are “gone”?

Yeah agreed, I’ve always found the seats comfortable for long trips and supportive enough for spirited road driving. Perhaps he’s got an undiagnosed back issue that these seats exacerbate.

On 26/11/2019 at 12:58, Rod C said:

Only when it goes through insurance does it end up on the WOVR?

Cars 15 years old,  typically are not on WOVR. If the owner cash settled with the insurer again not on the WOVR.

many cars of a certain value get cash settled and repaired 

Welcome Mike - be prepared for a lot of questions / answers / good info on here on your quest.

The red 996 certainly looks good, but the first question would be who rebuilt the engine and why. If it was a factory crate engine, then that would be a win, but if Joe Bloggs in Kooweerup built the engine I would tread carefully. You would need all the invoices and material list from the workshop to prove the provenance of the rebuild too.  And if possible it would be nice to see the stamped Porsche maintenance handbook or at least a folder proving the general history over the last few years.  

Best of luck....

6 hours ago, Mharring said:

Hi Guys, I'm new to PFA, and I'm keen to purchase a suitable 996 (manual with no previous accident damage, and good service history).  The following car (refer to link) has just been listed, is anyone familiar with this?

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/southbank/cars-vans-utes/porsche-996-911/1241177721 

Thanks, Mike 

I love that red 996, hot looking car. Get it checked and if it is ok then buy it. Or I might 😂 Bear in mind it’s a C4

On 01/02/2020 at 11:30, Stepo said:

I was amazed at how comfortable the seats were on a long drive. it is impressive how comfortable they are, while still being supportive, particularly as my car is quite low and stiff with the H&R kit. We will see if I am still saying that after a week in Tassie, but I think it will be good. 

On ‎14‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 14:44, Mharring said:

Hi Guys, I'm new to PFA, and I'm keen to purchase a suitable 996 (manual with no previous accident damage, and good service history).  The following car (refer to link) has just been listed, is anyone familiar with this?

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/southbank/cars-vans-utes/porsche-996-911/1241177721 

Thanks, Mike 

Great car, Greg the owner runs Bailey Special Projects and he rebuilds Porsche engines and rebuilt the motor in the car. 

Have been on a P run with the car before and goes nicely.

I would give him a call and go and see it, he is a great guy. :)

Kind regards

Craig

5 hours ago, crsedge said:

Great car, Greg the owner runs Bailey Special Projects and he rebuilds Porsche engines and rebuilt the motor in the car. 

Have been on a P run with the car before and goes nicely.

I would give him a call and go and see it, he is a great guy. :)

Kind regards

Craig

Thanks Craig, I appreciate the information and his company details.  Greg did reply to a few questions I had, and was very open in regards to the car and his future endeavors.  

Cheers, Mike