996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

2 hours ago, t888 said:

Autohaus also had a green manual 996.1 cabriolet recently with similar kms, was priced around $42k. Seems to be gone now.

Yeh that went last Monday. I was very sad to miss out on that car as I loved the unusual colour combo + all the work it had done (Gearbox rebuild, RMS/IMS done etc..). 

I spoke to Anthony on a Thursday and booked to see it on the Friday with money ready to go but got the sniffles and did the responsible thing by staying at home.

Should of put money down as when Monday rolled around and I called to come in it was gone to a buyer in Melbourne I was told.

1 hour ago, TINGY996 said:

I had thoughts of selling mine and buying an AC car but i'm in for the long haul now.

So much bang for buck IMO and such an underrated car by so many.

I must admit @TINGY996 , I had the same though, re the A/C car.  Then I drive my Carrera,............

1 hour ago, TINGY996 said:

I had thoughts of selling mine and buying an AC car but i'm in for the long haul now.

So much bang for buck IMO and such an underrated car by so many.

I originally planned to keep mine for about 12 months as a first dabble in P-cars then try another... That might still happen eventually, but it's well over 12 months now and becoming harder to see what I'd be happy replacing it with, apart from a 996 GT3...

19 minutes ago, PIC said:

I must admit @TINGY996 , I had the same though, re the A/C car.  Then I drive my Carrera,............

3 minutes ago, JWM said:

I originally planned to keep mine for about 12 months as a first dabble in P-cars then try another... That might still happen eventually, but it's well over 12 months now and becoming harder to see what I'd be happy replacing it with, apart from a 996 GT3...

When i got mine i was looking for an AC car and at the time there wasn't many cars in my price range. I have Carsales searches saved and 2 cars came up for sale early one morning, one a first series car and the other being the car i have now, well you know what i have and 18mths later and 13,000 happy KMS later i still have her. 

One thing for me is my wife doesn't mind going in it and we have weekends away in it every now and then. What i like is i have a little bit of modern, cruise control for the boring freeway, and a great air-con system for summer drives if i am out in the heat. Bang for buck is way better than what i thought it was going to be, the handling especially and the 3.6 has more than enough power for the average person i think.

I now have plans to upgrade suspension, new rear tyres and maybe some wheels.

3 hours ago, TINGY996 said:

I now have plans to upgrade suspension, new rear tyres and maybe some wheels.

I'd love to know what you're thinking about for the suspension. I've been pondering the same... 

New tyres will be on as soon as the ship they're on gets here as well...

9 hours ago, JWM said:

I'd love to know what you're thinking about for the suspension. I've been pondering the same... 

Talk to @PhilH as he has just done a suspension overhaul 

14 minutes ago, Techno said:

Is this Australia's cheapest 911? Looks like it needs some attention and has been resprayed but $27K?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1999-porsche-911-carrera-cabriolet-996-auto/SSE-AD-6650410/?Cr=10

He can't drive it much as I've not seen it around during those 6 years.  Happy to check it out for anyone considering it........

36 minutes ago, Techno said:

Is this Australia's cheapest 911? Looks like it needs some attention and has been resprayed but $27K?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1999-porsche-911-carrera-cabriolet-996-auto/SSE-AD-6650410/?Cr=10

That is one cheap car ok it needs a little money spending on it and any prospective buyer could make a very cheeky offer.

21 hours ago, JWM said:

Thinking KW's mate, i have heard a few good things on this forum about them so i might give them a crack unless there are other suggestions.

5 hours ago, Techno said:

Series 2 lights and S4 bumper on a series 1. Cant help but think it may have had a little altercation at some stage.

50 minutes ago, JLD said:

It’s coming up as sold

Well that's happened in the last hour or two then....

17 minutes ago, Rod C said:

Series 2 lights and S4 bumper on a series 1. Cant help but think it may have had a little altercation at some stage.

Also think it was 3.6L too?  Very much molested me thinks.....

So I’m pushing a mate to enter into ownership .. what is the median price for a good car ..  Manual .1 or . 2 coupe and manual cab ? 

The Green Ahaus car was being positioned at late 30s is that good buying ?  It reportedly needed tyres , engine mounts , oil separater and a few other bits .

3 hours ago, symsy said:

So I’m pushing a mate to enter into ownership .. what is the median price for a good car ..  Manual .1 or . 2 coupe and manual cab ? 

The Green Ahaus car was being positioned at late 30s is that good buying ?  It reportedly needed tyres , engine mounts , oil separater and a few other bits .

Would think a good manual .1 is somewhere around the 45-50k region and a .2 manual around 55-60k . As always when the top comes down so does the price.

Ok off to tyre kick a coupe in the next few days .. let’s see if this pricing is real 😊

Whats the top 20 checklist , is there one ? Anyone got a link to best buyers guide 

MAF

Engine Mounts

8 hours ago, symsy said:

Ok off to tyre kick a coupe in the next few days .. let’s see if this pricing is real 😊

Whats the top 20 checklist , is there one ? Anyone got a link to best buyers guide 

MAF

Engine Mounts

I bought a good one with excellent service history but as you know, still a bunch of things that will need replacing due to age sooner or later. For me, a stuck lifter meant engine out so “while we’re at it” I did all of these, which I think is the main list of common items:

• IMS solution
  • Oil air separator
  • Engine mounts
  • Clutch and flywheel
  • Rear main seal

and a bunch of other little stuff  I put a full list of that job here.

The only other thing that isn’t as new in mine is the shocks so I’d add those too as worth checking.