996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

Not convinced on those black wheels.... IMO it looks like someone is trying a little too hard.

Even though I've had cars with them, I'm generally not a big fan of black wheels - but if you were going to have them on this car, I would have gone high gloss.

But of course, each to their own. 

History seems to often reward those cars which were not necessarily very popular in their day (and maybe resulted in low sales numbers?)..... and I have often thought that the 996 Targa was (unfairly) treated as somewhat of a poor cousin, so whilst it may never make you a lot of money, it might be a decent buy in terms of holding value and maybe a modest increase over time.... plus of course you get all the fun and goodness that a 996 brings in the meantime.

On 06/07/2020 at 14:02, Stepo said:

Shame this series 2 is an auto, the Targa concept is interesting.  What do people think of the blackened wheels?

Seller needs a lesson in washing your car before taking pics but I do give them credit for taking more than the standard 3-5. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2002-porsche-911-996-auto-my02/SSE-AD-6712395/?Cr=46 

That's on the high side for a Targa... There was a silver one in Vic that sat for months and months at a dealer for about $46k, then a friend's in Sydney that he traded in to a dealer they took a few months to sell at $51k

38 minutes ago, JLD said:

That's on the high side for a Targa... There was a silver one in Vic that sat for months and months at a dealer for about $46k, then a friend's in Sydney that he traded in to a dealer they took a few months to sell at $51k

Agreed, auto and targa.....well overpriced.

That does look like a nice car with k's I'd expect for the era.

Agreed at $70k for a series 1...........overpriced by about $15k.  I don't think I could live with that interior either, it's not too bad but black would look much nicer IMO.

Rego about to expire and no mention of IMS or RMS fixes, they would want to be done at that price for sure.

31 minutes ago, KGB said:

I think 996's time is coming....

I agree, I think the benchmark of quality cars is near bottom, poorly cared for cars will probably fall in price based on condition. The value for money a 996 offers right now is undeniable, I’m narrowing my sights on a likely candidate.

6 minutes ago, Stepo said:

I agree, I think the benchmark of quality cars is near bottom, poorly cared for cars will probably fall in price based on condition. The value for money a 996 offers right now is undeniable, I’m narrowing my sights on a likely candidate.

I bought mine without ever driving one (I’m classified; intrepid. 😳), and I’m blown away with the value for money they present.

Lotta P-car for the money.   Good luck in your quest.

11 hours ago, Stepo said:

That does look like a nice car with k's I'd expect for the era.

Agreed at $70k for a series 1...........overpriced by about $15k.  I don't think I could live with that interior either, it's not too bad but black would look much nicer IMO.

Rego about to expire and no mention of IMS or RMS fixes, they would want to be done at that price for sure.

Why would you be concerned on rego If thats a vic car.    That seems priced to  me  exactly on the wrong side of stamp duty crossover point if your a buyer and a sneaky bear trap for some who doesnt read the fine print.   Your 55k include on roads ( or at least stamp stamp duty right)  .  Even if you were willing to pay full retail plus surely you would insist on only paying 66k excluding stamp duty  but with a current roadworthy.  Different rate is it not and the saving would cover the rego. 

11 hours ago, smit2100 said:

Why would you be concerned on rego If thats a vic car.    That seems priced to  me  exactly on the wrong side of stamp duty crossover point if your a buyer and a sneaky bear trap for some who doesnt read the fine print.   Your 55k include on roads ( or at least stamp stamp duty right)  .  Even if you were willing to pay full retail plus surely you would insist on only paying 66k excluding stamp duty  but with a current roadworthy.  Different rate is it not and the saving would cover the rego. 

The only reason I mentioned rego is the fact if it's due you need to factor in an extra $800?

You made me go and check the stamp duty rates, and yes, over $68k you paying an extra $750 at the asking price which I think is too high.  Current RWC is a given in my book for cars at this level.  There's no way I'd be considering $66k for a series 1 that hasn't had the required fixes mentioned.

I bought a really nice (IMO) blk blk 996.2 man and like @KGB classified intrepid (at best) Kms probably higher than most would consider . But had a lot of nice kit in it. had all the fixes done and more in last cpl years.. the seller great to deal with as well 

Probably only thing is it’s blk .. should I wrap it? 

1 hour ago, michel said:

I bought a really nice (IMO) blk blk 996.2 man and like @KGB classified intrepid (at best) Kms probably higher than most would consider . But had a lot of nice kit in it. had all the fixes done and more in last cpl years.. the seller great to deal with as well 

YES

3 hours ago, michel said:

2 minutes ago, michel said:

Uhmmmm .. blk

Ah, I see.

When you said 'only thing is it's black', I assumed you meant wrap it another colour  :Confused02:

As far as clear film paint protection, then Yes.

5 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Ah, I see.

When you said 'only thing is it's black', I assumed you meant wrap it another colour  :Confused02:

As far as clear film paint protection, then Yes.

😂 wires crossed 

maybe a white wrap

otherwise tidy  a Few small chips from the

focery drive and clear film 

3 hours ago, michel said:

I haven't been following the 4S's that closely but most I see are up there in price, no doubt the UK origin impacts this one but still a very nice looking car with low k's.

2 hours ago, Stepo said:

I haven't been following the 4S's that closely but most I see are up there in price, no doubt the UK origin impacts this one but still a very nice looking car with low k's.

Stinky import. 😉

Not sure on the Yiddish racing gold, but looks good otherwise.  Great history.

How much more expensive as a new car in Aus retail dollars was a 996 C4S over a boggo 996.2 C2 back in the day?

@michel solid black?  If it is I’d cling wrap it.

4 hours ago, michel said:

😂 wires crossed 

maybe a white wrap

otherwise tidy  a Few small chips from the

focery drive and clear film 

Thank god for that, I also thought you wanted to change from the best colour created 😆.

Wear the chips as a badge of honor and give the front a respray one day as a b’day present if it needs attention.

23 minutes ago, MFX said:

I really don't understand the premium people pay for the heavier slower 4S. Particularly when they are generally similar money to a 997. 

probably for the wide ass look, which is very nice. Possibly the same reason you chose the wide body conversion look for Harry.

997 (S or otherwise) is not as wide as a C4S, as is Turbo, GTS + some other WB non main stream cars. 

Looks mean a lot to most buyers, different road conditions would even out the assertion of heavier & slower, even if on the road (dry) its a tiny difference & you would notice?

Hope this helps

38 minutes ago, MFX said:

I really don't understand the premium people pay for the SEXIER CURVIER 4S. Particularly when they are generally similar money to a 997. 

Says the guy shoehorning a Fezza donk into a 105 😂.   Jeff, c’mon!