https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-Boxster-2014/SSE-AD-5674250/?Cr=0

I think this car was $65k 2 days ago.  Or one with 42km on it that was black on black for sale in NSW.

My friend just traded their 2013 manual 981 2.7 for $60k for a new 718 with 45KM on it...... The dealer readvertised it at $79,900 and it was gone within the week.

28 minutes ago, HWY said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-Boxster-2014/SSE-AD-5674250/?Cr=0

I think this car was $65k 2 days ago.  Or one with 42km on it that was black on black for sale in NSW.

My friend just traded their 2013 manual 981 2.7 for $60k for a new 718 with 45KM on it...... The dealer readvertised it at $79,900 and it was gone within the week.

Guys, I was advertising WTB over the last couple of months!!!!  Your mate could have got a few extra $$$!!!!  But anyway, we purchased yesterday, and were pretty happy with our price...

Do it Kurt.  We 'dare' you.....?

I like this colour as well.  Not the typical beige colours of the Boxster nor the other common as muck yellow (my fave colour in the whole spectrum but it too is common in the Boxster range of that era) 

17 hours ago, edgy said:

I'm really struggling with this, help me go one way or the other... low mile, manual, 2.5L base car, 1st year made, amber indicators, a weird colour that is NOT silver, black, yellow or red... 

4hesfzc495moe941w29aby1n.jpg?pxc_method=

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-Boxster-1997/SSE-AD-5622378/?Cr=2 

Looks good. Has been on the market for at least a month so should be some room to move on price

15 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Guys, I was advertising WTB over the last couple of months!!!!  Your mate could have got a few extra $$$!!!!  But anyway, we purchased yesterday, and were pretty happy with our price...

Unfortunately, not every person is on this forum.  But it's good to keep the prices transparent. Of course every man needs to make their living too.

16 hours ago, Tips said:

Just do it, call it a mooring minder ?

Mooring minder, sounds familiar... ? 

14 hours ago, jakroo said:

Do it Kurt.  We 'dare' you.....?

I like this colour as well.  Not the typical beige colours of the Boxster nor the other common as muck yellow (my fave colour in the whole spectrum but it too is common in the Boxster range of that era) 

Yup agree, they look good in the yellow but too common! 

2 hours ago, firstone said:

Anyone close enough to kick the tyres?

After a month of calls he'd probably welcome a real inspection.

I looked on maps, it’s central cost effectively, so a 1-2 hour trip up from Sydney, not too bad... 

@dreamr with his no nonsense approach is your man for the local PFA CC inspection service.

I'd also  go for a drive up there and have a tyre kick  with you Edgy. You could swing past my place,  and we could do the Wisemans Ferry to Somersby trip as part of the journey.

6 hours ago, edgy said:

I looked on maps, it’s central cost effectively, so a 1-2 hour trip up from Sydney, not too bad... 

hard to go wrong at that price. 

6 hours ago, edgy said:

THIS ONE IS SCANT ON DETAILS AND UP ON THE K'S A LITTLE BUT PRICE IS VERY GOOD FOR AN s..... hahaha sorry caps, not yelling just found caps lock is on:PissedOff:

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/leneva/cars-vans-utes/1999-porsche-boxster-s-2d-roadster/1197915154

$_20.JPG

12 minutes ago, Stephen Tinker said:

It just goes to show that the IMS bearing collapsing can still rear its ugly head even when the engine has done over 120,000 km.

There are still a lot of people out there that insist that if the motor has a high mileage & no IMS issues then its safe.... obviously not so!

It's ads like these that tell you that you might as well pay the IMS insurance and get it done. Either he can't afford the repairs or he sees it as a waste of money. Either way it's tough to sell a fully working car let alone a non-working one!

19 minutes ago, firstone said:

Bet that's a harsh regret. 

You'd find a 2.5 for 6k add ims and install. It doesn't make cents for owner or purchaser without a cheap front wreck for parts and ability to do the work imo.

Yep, mate paid $5.5k for a 2.5, blown motor had just had new IMS in (motor had done 15 mins then big end bolt came undone....).  Changed the new IMS bearing into the new motor, so hopefully good for a few kms.   Couple of fun things found, new motor was an auto, so found out too late that looms are different, engine out again.....  Couple of other differences too, but pretty much all sorted now.  All up quite a few hours to do it all, but I think he's re-enthused over things mechanical (talking about finishing his V8 MGB installation that has sat for as long as I've known him - over 30 years...).   Few minor things to sort out still, but car is up and going, they drove it to Hobart and back at weekend for our 70th celebrations....