On 10/12/2018 at 9:20 PM, HWY said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-Boxster-2014/SSE-AD-5674250/?Cr=0

I think this car was $65k 2 days ago.  Or one with 42km on it that was black on black for sale in NSW.

My friend just traded their 2013 manual 981 2.7 for $60k for a new 718 with 45KM on it...... The dealer readvertised it at $79,900 and it was gone within the week.

wow, if you have another friend looking to do similar, please let me know.. 60k is a good deal for a 981 :)

19 hours ago, HWY said:

Yeah- they did not want the hassle of dealing with a private sale. I almost volunteered to sell it on their behalf.

19k thats a lot of hassle factor.. I wonder what the solution is to carsales is and the sms , email bidders.  Maybe we put our cars on an island in the middle of lake george or something with the prices wrapped across the windscreen, with them viewable from an onshore telescope and have 5 row boats tied up so you have to row out to them to qualify.  Either that or request a Prostate check to come view the car to qualify cos similarly Porsche buyers and do have a reputation out there for being a pain in the arse .. ;)   

Found another Zenith blue, but in QLD, higher miles but lower priced. 

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mansfield/cars-vans-utes/1998-porsche-boxster-986-blue-5-speed-manual-convertible/1187888294 

What is peoples thoughts on 986 versus paying up for a 987? 

To me, I like the look of the 986, especially the first year cars in cool colours like that ^^ and I am guessing it is worth paying a somewhat premium for a lower mile car (i.e. sub 100K), the other benefits are it has surely bottomed out on its depreciation cycle, but potentially the cosmetics may not have fared so well due to age? 

So other than being newer, and therefore supposedly more reliable, however depreciating, what is the benefit of going to a 987? 

Because I found a UK 987 S in matching Lapis Blue.... :lol:

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-Boxster-2005/OAG-AD-16519580/?Cr=1 

So there's a couple of statutory write-off 986 S cars floating about for around $20k.  I don't think Boxters will ever be that special in general (certainly not compared to air-cooled cars), but I reckon a cheapish 3.2/6-speed Boxster should be a fun toy with no view to a long term "investment". 

Presuming a cherry 986 S with some options is around $30k, and there are a couple of tired 986 S cars available for around $20k.  What is the 'wisdom of the people' discount price for a written-off and presumably properly repaired 986S?

^^^ Good advice @firstone.

On another note, what is the thinking that a higher milage 986 (say 130k+) is unlikely to have an IMS issue (if it's not documented as already done)?

Of course, it sounds smart to have it addressed when the clutch is done ....

18 minutes ago, XLR8 said:

^^^ Good advice @firstone.

On another note, what is the thinking that a higher milage 986 (say 130k+) is unlikely to have an IMS issue (if it's not documented as already done)?

Of course, it sounds smart to have it addressed when the clutch is done ....

Have a read on the previous page, you will see evidence to answer your question.

this seems like a good buy, if the maintenance records are as good as the dealer says. He’s had it for a while, was originally 23k I think. Called him up a while ago to view when I was down there, but he said it was in a body shop to fix a ding/crack in the bumper. Haven’t been back since - anyone from that way want to kick a true?

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/barrack-heights/cars-vans-utes/2000-porsche-boxster-s-black-6-speed-manual-roadster/1195670293?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

On 10/17/2018 at 6:56 AM, symsy said:

Maybe we put our cars on an island in the middle of lake george or something with the prices wrapped across the windscreen, with them viewable from an onshore telescope and have 5 row boats tied up so you have to row out to them to qualify.  Either that or request a Prostate check to come view the car to qualify cos similarly Porsche buyers and do have a reputation out there for being a pain in the arse .. ;)   

You've been doing acid again haven't you Symsy? ??

What just cos , i dont see many genuine buyers, I tell you many times , I see so many cars discussed and I ring and the dude on the phone says … god i thought eveyone would have called but your the first..   I think sms and email makes for a very lazy purchaser syndrome…  put some effort in I say ;) 

Cheesy as shit ad, but I love this colour combo. 

Doesn’t seem like a bad one!? 

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wangara/cars-vans-utes/1997-porsche-boxster-auto-roadster-go-topless-/1195902957?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

7 hours ago, Tips said:

Perfect colour scheme, go on tick that box @edgy

You need a morning minder too, come on, chop, chop!! Hop to it

16 minutes ago, edgy said:

You need a morning minder too, come on, chop, chop!! Hop to it

Just accepted an offer on my house, so all things going well mid Dec I might have some spare coin burning a hole in my pocket....?