On 08/01/2019 at 18:32, romeodelta said:

Hey guys, new here.

I’ve been looking for a 987 for a few months now, without success.

Ideally looking for an MY06 or later 2.7 manual. Why are there so many autos?!

Not really fussed on colour, but condition and history is important. That said, I’m not sold on the cocoa or terracotta interiors (sorry Peter).

Located in VIC but will travel/ship interstate for the right car.

I’m across most currently advertised on the usual sites, but if you’re considering selling or spot something I might find interesting, please message me.

Thanks all.

@TwoHeadsTas

16 hours ago, Mttel said:

Lotta work and $ gone into that mod, just wondering why you'd do it....

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Techno said:

And presumably it goes and can be driven straight away!!

4 hours ago, Techno said:

Where did the guy find a 3MP camera to take the shots! That’s going the extra mile to use a period correct camera for the age of the car. Doesn’t seem dodgy at all. 

5 hours ago, Techno said:

I've driven a few manuals under 8k - always something that needs spending though, like this auto...

On 02/02/2019 at 02:53, Mttel said:

High k’s and at a dealer, but is a manual (not a fan of the colour) 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1998-Porsche-Boxster-986-Manual/OAG-AD-15199122

That is probably the highest KM's I have seen on one... there was one listed late last year with 300 odd on it... it was much lower asking too. 

I think someone has enjoyed the hell out of that, I would love to know the maintenance log on it! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Techno said:

Looks good in photo    BUT:

Engine & Mechanical: Engine Light On

I might go & inspect - any tips for quickly assessing a dud 2.7 engine?

2 hours ago, Zelrik911 said:

Looks good in photo    BUT:

Engine & Mechanical: Engine Light On

I might go & inspect - any tips for quickly assessing a dud 2.7 engine?

I was hoping no one noticed... I quite like red

This one here may have escaped some attention..... just keeps getting cheaper and cheaper and has been up for a while - maybe something wrong but priced very nicely now.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/labrador/cars-vans-utes/1997-porsche-boxster-coupe-sport-drivers-great-original-/1206298656

$_20.JPG

5 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

This one here may have escaped some attention..... just keeps getting cheaper and cheaper and has been up for a while - maybe something wrong but priced very nicely now.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/labrador/cars-vans-utes/1997-porsche-boxster-coupe-sport-drivers-great-original-/1206298656

$_20.JPG

There's only so many photos you can take of the outside to give you an idea.  No clear photos of interior or boot/ frunk.  May be a bit worn????  but for the money, who cares.........

5 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

There's only so many photos you can take of the outside to give you an idea.  No clear photos of interior or boot/ frunk.  May be a bit worn????  but for the money, who cares.........

Yep hahha he's taken 30 of the outside and F all of the int, maybe it's had an 80's velour hot up

On 04/02/2019 at 12:20, edgy said:

That is probably the highest KM's I have seen on one... there was one listed late last year with 300 odd on it... it was much lower asking too. 

I think someone has enjoyed the hell out of that, I would love to know the maintenance log on it! :lol:

My Evo which I bought new in July 2007 had just turned 302,500.  Every 5,000km it has been to the selling dealer for it's service.  I've just about run out of service coupons in the book.

Impeccable service history should I ever sell it. 

There's no reason why a car of the calibre of the Porsche should not hit very very high mileage with good service history.

On 20/02/2019 at 19:43, Techno said:

Bids now over $7K  !!!!

Will probably get to over $8K ; so most definitely not a bargain. But good to know that Red is still popular.

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

The silver one up above is down again now to $11800. Never seen a car yard behave like this, they've dropped the price about 6 times in a month or two and wiped off about 3 or 4 grand.... I smell a rat

To be fair it’s not in the greatest condition and has gone over 200,000 ks. In dealer world that’s a car they would want to move on quickly