12 hours ago, TrevMcRev said:

Could you please go check it out for this guy on the forum, he goes by the name edgy?

He would have a ball cutting laps in this seeing how close he can get to his GT3 times, then shooting off to the butchers to buy the finest meats with his savings!

Any other time of my life that might have been doable... can't work out what to do with the cars I've got, and about to get balls deep into renovation, which means moving out for a few weeks! So no meat action either. :lol:

Definitely I am keeping my eyes on a boxster... but I think it has to be an S if we're going to the track! 

6 hours ago, DJM said:

Bargain, despite not being in the market, I'm tempted to offer $10k sight unseen and then decide what to do with it.  What else can you buy for $10k that's immaculate 90,000km and right colour combo. Throw some suspension, wheels (17" Speedline look? https://goo.gl/images/oEtPtGto imitate the original concept https://goo.gl/images/7SFQgB) and a Trev Momo steering wheel at it and it'd be cheap fun.  Somebody buy it before I do! Probably not much more than my next service on the GT4!

Just do it... will take a look at it for you if you want Doug. ;) 

nfaqKer.jpg

Heres an average photo of my Boxrod S at a PCSA Malalla sprint. Only mods are:

Pads/fluid

PSS9’s corner weighted and set up well

Deep Sump kit

Velo Seat 6 Point Harness & Steering Wheel

Well recommend getting into one. Great fun on the track and twisting for not a lot of $$$ and keeps a lot of more expensive machinery honest particularly braking & cornering.

17 hours ago, DJM said:

Bargain, despite not being in the market, I'm tempted to offer $10k sight unseen and then decide what to do with it.  What else can you buy for $10k that's immaculate 90,000km and right colour combo. Throw some suspension, wheels (17" Speedline look? https://goo.gl/images/oEtPtGto imitate the original concept https://goo.gl/images/7SFQgB) and a Trev Momo steering wheel at it and it'd be cheap fun.  Somebody buy it before I do! Probably not much more than my next service on the GT4!

Grab it Doug and you too can party with all us at the Playboy Mansion! 

2 hours ago, ADS911 said:

nfaqKer.jpg

Heres an average photo of my Boxrod S at a PCSA Malalla sprint. Only mods are:

Pads/fluid

PSS9’s corner weighted and set up well

Deep Sump kit

Velo Seat 6 Point Harness & Steering Wheel

Well recommend getting into one. Great fun on the track and twisting for not a lot of $$$ and keeps a lot of more expensive machinery honest particularly braking & cornering.

Looks cool and tough in white and low and those rims 

20 minutes ago, ADS911 said:

Thanks, no hairdryer needed here given I have no hair also.........blower...........could be another conversation............?

I have plenty of hair but no hairdresser with said equipment or similar tools of the trade, shall enter the vehicle or loiter in the proximity with or without said equipment or similar tools of the trade at any time.

It's stated in the Boxrod, Boxtlaw, Racebox, Hotbox, Shitbox Rules and regulations section (1. clause a) 

Here is my Boxrod in NZ.  2009 987.2 for $31k NZD.  Drives ACE!

As it was when bought.

02462791-68BD-4D76-B8FF-F8F7DABADA80_zps

And now, which is more like it.  Stickers, wheels, lowering springs, adjustable suspension bits, new brakes.

IMG_8137-L.jpg

Did a full day with 2 drivers (i.e. 2 sessions out of 4) and ran all day at Hampton Downs faultlessly.  Was a hoot.

IMG_8233-M.jpg

23 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Thought I should post a pic or 3 of one of my Boxter S  bargain buys that I've played with a bit

d5EoSw7.jpg

No hairdryers here!:CoolDance:

HAWT!

On 3/13/2018 at 10:53 PM, TrevMcRev said:

I cringe saying this...but to me, that one is not ....period correct!  It belongs in an old aircooled car.  Ugghhhhhh!  Did I say that out loud? What am i talking about!  Boxrods should be about doing what ever you want....

I went with a Momo Mod 07, which given the interior is pretty much same as 996 GT3, and it being the basis of the Porsche Motorsport wheel for the GT3, then I say it works.

You are correct.  That wheel looks HAWT and appropriate.

On 3/13/2018 at 8:20 PM, Troubleshooter said:

Been up a couple of hours ....If it's not on the WOVR or resprayed or re engined etc etc anything wrong with it (or a scam) and his description is accurate, this one is as cheap as it gets for a perfect example. You're in Sydney your wishes have been granted ...JUMP QUICK as in now! if you really want one and save $5k!

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/picnic-point/cars-vans-utes/1998-porsche-boxster-986-convertible-/1178003169

$_20.JPG

It's sold and no wonder.  What a beauty.

29 minutes ago, TrevMcRev said:

Makes the silver over red one with 90k kms look the bargain it was.  Glad it sold so I don’t keep looking and wondering!  I REALLY don’t want to become a hairdresser ?

5 minutes ago, DJM said:

Makes the silver over red one with 90k kms look the bargain it was.  Glad it sold so I don’t keep looking and wondering!  I REALLY don’t want to become a hairdresser ?

But aren’t cayman owners closet hairdressers? 

9 hours ago, DJM said:

Hairdressers prefer 4 cyl hence the new Boxster spec.

Drove 3 x 718’ variants last week and whilst I liked the well balanced feel of the Cars during the drive in the hills,  when idling the common comment from a few was it sounded like an old Beetle :ph34r:. Only when u got the pedal down and reving over 3.5k did it start sounding great especially the S with lots of crackle and pop.  However I can see why most are still chasing the flat 6 variants for that awesome exhaust note all the way through the rev range ?.

37 minutes ago, Tips said:

Drove 3 x 718’ variants last week and whilst I liked the well balanced feel of the Cars during the drive in the hills,  when idling the common comment from a few was it sounded like an old Beetle :ph34r:. Only when u got the pedal down and reving over 3.5k did it start sounding great especially the S with lots of crackle and pop.  However I can see why most are still chasing the flat 6 variants for that awesome exhaust note all the way through the rev range ?.

I had. One for a day (718 S Cayman) exceptional performance, lots of torque and reaches license go away numbers as soon as you dab the throttle.

You dont need the level of performance offered for road use, it serves no purpose I would take a smaller engined less powerful flat 6 and rev it. You will be just as quick through the twisty bits but wont exceed the speed limit every time you dab the throttle.

After a day of use mixed between Suburbia and a rapid drive through reefton spur the chassis on the 718 is supurb. I honestly dont know what more you need of a road going sports car, its front end grip is remarkable so easy to drive rapidly responding clearly to steering input without being a car setup for track usage. Plus if you feel the need can swallow a LOT of luggage for a car of its type and size.

Refinement of the engine however is not good, you get  boom and drone  through the cabin at certain points in the rev range and a resonence that rattles various parts of the interior trim at other points. 

In direct comparison the 981 and 987 dont do this at all they are silky smooth however not quite as rapid

I agree it chugs at idle not sure if I would say old beetle but hints of suburu. They must of used an unequal exhaust path like suburu to get that sound.