21 hours ago, D2000 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but looks like a good price (drive-away at that) for a one owner 987.1:  https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-Boxster-2005/OAG-AD-15643393/?Cr=1

That's very sharp pricing. Someone should snap it up quickly. Has to be very close to bottom of depreciation curve - especially if negotiate to $25k drive away.

35 minutes ago, flamingporsche said:

That's very sharp pricing. Someone should snap it up quickly. Has to be very close to bottom of depreciation curve - especially if negotiate to $25k drive away.

Represents great value, but don’t they all? FYI there is no such thing as the bottom of the depreciation curve with a Boxster. I’d be surprised if each and every one of them didn’t end up being returned to the earth.

2 minutes ago, Pork Chops said:

Represents great value, but don’t they all? FYI there is no such thing as the bottom of the depreciation curve with a Boxster. I’d be surprised if each and every one of them didn’t end up being returned to the earth.

Many will. But surely some will be kept pristine and hold value at some level, whatever that may be

5 minutes ago, D2000 said:

Many will. But surely some will be kept pristine and hold value at some level, whatever that may be

Can’t see that happening personally. They’re currently priced so they’re easily accessible to young hooligans like Trevor, and it’s a fast downhill run to the tip from there. I actually see their potential saviour in being hotroded as they are a lot of drive for little money, but that’s a limited market as most folks don’t like to modify or really drive. Boxsters are mainstream cars and mainstream cars are changing fast. There is nothing special or enduring about them. No style, design, quality, performance, Motorsport story to be told. Fancy white goods!

1 hour ago, Pork Chops said:

I actually see their potential saviour in being hotroded 

They can be hotrodded in alot of directions, given the low entry you might see a few more open up. Noted below are not 1 offs but buyable kits

ie Zeintop

qzqetj.jpg

986 'Spyder'

DSC05726.jpg

986 humps

Untitled+21331609119.jpg

I am sure there are more to go with the standard bumper body kits etc.

10 minutes ago, Taffy said:

They can be hotrodded in alot of directions, given the low entry you might see a few more open up. Noted below are not 1 offs but buyable kits

ie Zeintop

qzqetj.jpg

986 'Spyder'

DSC05726.jpg

986 humps

Untitled+21331609119.jpg

I am sure there are more to go with the standard bumper body kits etc.

I believe these kits are good evidence the Boxster is on a one way street to the tip.

I recently purchased a number of 2000 to 2004 car magazines. Motor and Evo Uk specifically. I think we can forget about how impressed these publications were with the 986 Boxster in their day, they are obviously a great drive. So I don't feel the downward drift in values of the Boxster are a reflection of their enjoyment as a driving car, more that there's just not enough enthusiasts to keep the price up. Boxster are also fairing much better than Cayennes, they are now comfortably 4 figure cars. Even the turbo version are sub $20k cars. 

Question, what's my Boxster worth

1997 build, silver, Zeno 19" rims, bilstein suspension, exhaust upgraded, glass back window, speedster humps. Alpine amp

In past 5000km, it's had waterpump, hoses, belt, cam chain tensioners, major service, door locks, brake pads, and normal misc stuff. 

220km, manual trans. I'm guessing IMS is orig as no history from past owners and I cut the filters open when doing oil every 5k or so. 

Body is 9.5/10, trim 9.5/10

Ball park figure??

going to sell after I get a 996

Steve

53 minutes ago, Clarkie said:

I'm far from a Boxster market expert however I'll play. Presuming car is a Boxster as opposed to an S.

Pros - Sounds like Body and trim present well. Bilstein suspension and exhaust would appeal to me.

Cons - Lots of kms. IMS will scare off many, You don't mention service history and read that you do your own servicing, so presume doesn't have an 'official' history. Early production model so older than other 986.1s (matters when you start considering rubbers/ plastics)

I would consider if pricing was round the $17k mark and car presented well. Suspect you'd move it quickish at $15k.  Challenge is that there are so many to choose from so buyers can afford to be as fussy as anything and prices seem to be drifting lower.

1 hour ago, bear924 said:

I'm far from a Boxster market expert however I'll play. Presuming car is a Boxster as opposed to an S.

Pros - Sounds like Body and trim present well. Bilstein suspension and exhaust would appeal to me.

Cons - Lots of kms. IMS will scare off many, You don't mention service history and read that you do your own servicing, so presume doesn't have an 'official' history. Early production model so older than other 986.1s (matters when you start considering rubbers/ plastics)

I would consider if pricing was round the $17k mark and car presented well. Suspect you'd move it quickish at $15k.  Challenge is that there are so many to choose from so buyers can afford to be as fussy as anything and prices seem to be drifting lower.

Yeah, I was thinking $15k. I don't like waiting for that one perfect buyer. Move it on for the next toy. Or keep it and rally it !!!!

history is logged and typical of a few owners. If the IMS has not failed at 200k kms, I can't see it going soon..  Hence not worrying about it. More important things I fixed like start up rattle ect. 

Thanks 

16 hours ago, Clarkie said:

1997 build, silver, Zeno 19" rims, bilstein suspension, exhaust upgraded, glass back window, speedster humps. Alpine amp

In past 5000km, it's had waterpump, hoses, belt, cam chain tensioners, major service, door locks, brake pads, and normal misc stuff. 

220km, manual trans. I'm guessing IMS is orig as no history from past owners and I cut the filters open when doing oil every 5k or so. 

Body is 9.5/10, trim 9.5/10

Ball park figure??

going to sell after I get a 996

Steve

Sell the speedster humps separately....to me.

They won't add $$$ to the car.  Same goes for factory hardtops. There is a demand for them from existing Boxster owners, but they don't seem to add to the price or saleability of the car itself as the yet-to-be Boxster owner doesn't realise they want one until after they have the car.

On 14 April 2018 at 7:53 AM, Pork Chops said:

Can’t see that happening personally. They’re currently priced so they’re easily accessible to young hooligans like Trevor, and it’s a fast downhill run to the tip from there. I actually see their potential saviour in being hotroded as they are a lot of drive for little money, but that’s a limited market as most folks don’t like to modify or really drive. Boxsters are mainstream cars and mainstream cars are changing fast. There is nothing special or enduring about them. No style, design, quality, performance, Motorsport story to be told. Fancy white goods!

Disagree Mr chops. Once upon a time the 914, 924, 944 and 928 were all seen as worthless, the crap ones have been used up as parts cars and the good ones are now expensive. Wait a few years and the good will rise. The style, performance and quality is in line with what the 996 is and they are now sought after, paitience grass hopper!

41 minutes ago, ANF said:

Disagree Mr chops. Once upon a time the 914, 924, 944 and 928 were all seen as worthless, the crap ones have been used up as parts cars and the good ones are now expensive. Wait a few years and the good will rise. The style, performance and quality is in line with what the 996 is and they are now sought after, paitience grass hopper!

Disagree?! How dare you. Let’s make a time in 2025 to review. I’ll come to you. With luck we’ll have forgotten what for, and and have a beer anyhow.

928 is an older supercar so no wonder has a following. Was also in Risky Business and on countless posters. Was also made in relatively limited numbers  944S and Turbs I get, and special 924s, but the rest of the 924/944 range is heading for the tip. 914s are quirky survivors that are old cars now. They are / were simple and well built. When a 986 Boxster is 50 years old what do you think it’ll be doing? I’ll tell ya, it’ll be pushing up the daisies. 

5 minutes ago, Pork Chops said:

Disagree?! How dare you. Let’s make a time in 2025 to review. I’ll come to you. With luck we’ll have forgotten what for, and and have a beer anyhow.

928 is an older supercar so no wonder has a following. Was also in Risky Business and on countless posters. Was also made in relatively limited numbers  944S and Turbs I get, and special 924s, but the rest of the 924/944 range is heading for the tip. 914s are quirky survivors that are old cars now. They are / were simple and well built. When a 986 Boxster is 50 years old what do you think it’ll be doing? I’ll tell ya, it’ll be pushing up the daisies. 

In 50 years time there will be about 10 986s left as the rest will be tip fodder due to their low price, but the survivors will be worth a bit :)

Hell I'm not waiting until 2025 to have a beer, how about later this year, that is enough time to forget :D