Had time to kill today so I thought I'd check out the obscure and have a look at this..  

Thought it would be an auction house special, but was pleasantly surprised by its overall very nice condition.  Good, original, very clean. 

2.5l  :(

Not for me, but it was en-route to my destination.  Uncle Dan's...

32 minutes ago, firstone said:

From accounts I've read the m96 has been known to suffer oil starvation during hard cornering usually associated with track conditions. I could see why some owners would consider a larger sump with baffles option

Have it checked for over revs.

It's pricey but lots has been done. It seems the costs are still fresh for him.

Low klms and nice interior from the pics available. 

Ask your insurance for an agreed value policy quote, honest way to find the market like it or not.

You don't want to overpay for a boxster, the values are decreasing slowly. 

Great idea. I guess there is no way he will show his hand on what the stealers offered.

Redbook lowest value would give you guide there.

Sounds like he won't be easy to neg with.

The value is there I guess if you had to buy it and fix those things. Would easily owe him that much.

Nearly 987 non s territory though.

1 hour ago, WOKA said:

Had time to kill today so I thought I'd check out the obscure and have a look at this..  

Thought it would be an auction house special, but was pleasantly surprised by its overall very nice condition.  Good, original, very clean. 

2.5l  :(

Not for me, but it was en-route to my destination.  Uncle Dan's...

Go on, you would look good in that :D

3 hours ago, Daly87 said:

Great idea. I guess there is no way he will show his hand on what the stealers offered.

Go for it they're a great car, I've got 2 x 986 S's. This one sounds like it was owned by an anal retentive retired engineer. Screw him down -20% - highest trade in he'd be offered would be about 14 or 15k

i know someone selling a boxster for 8 grand with engine problems and a few other things. Would make a good project car. I don't know him personally but i've seen it advertised. Let me know if anyone wants a look at the ad.

2 minutes ago, Pokiou said:

i know someone selling a boxster for 8 grand with engine problems and a few other things. Would make a good project car. I don't know him personally but i've seen it advertised. Let me know if anyone wants a look at the ad.

That’s not cheap. Depending on the year. 

I’m about to sell mine with lots of stuff done to it for $12k and speedster humps 

4 hours ago, Gsaps said:

Wouldn’t be an S would it Clarkie?

Nope. 1997 2.5,

glass back window, new water pump, thermostat, hoses, alt belt, belt tensioner, timing chain tensioners, plugs, fuel filter, air filter, new MAF and throttle body clean, bonnet struts, brake fluid flush and pads, door locks replaced, drivers window reg replaced, new floor mats, rad cap. List goes on. 

19” black rims  

Genuine speedster humps

Reg lapses in jan. 

As is, no RWC $12k not neg. 

located in Warburton,

Just now, Troubleshooter said:

Theyr'e a good thing these little cheap Boxsters .....Gotta make space for the new blue beauty, pride of place in the garage!

Tempted to have both ;) 

might end up keeping the Boxster if I sell the T3 syncro I have 

• 4 weeks later...