11 hours ago, Niko said:

It's not that far from me, if I get the chance or if anyone is seriously interested in it, I can go and give it a once over tomorrow.  Not much time left on it... 

Be a great Boxrod alright...

I shudder to think what would happen if TREVMcRev got his arse into it.

Got time to go have a look for me mate?

12 hours ago, Uncle said:

Got time to go have a look for me mate?

No worries, I will try and take a few photos if I am allowed as well.    I will go for a drive today, and let get back to you

On 15/07/2019 at 09:53, Niko said:

No worries, I will try and take a few photos if I am allowed as well.    I will go for a drive today, and let get back to you

Out of interest's sake did you get to look at the Gemballa Niko - any info on the "engine noise"?

Yeah he did. He called me when he was there and started it. Let's just say I could hear the knock through the phone and the phone was not on speaker..

The car has an extensive oil cooling system on it with 3 oil coolers and lots of line. You would want to give it a solid flush before fitting a new motor. My guess is the Eboost dial of death has been turned up to just, one, more, psi..... BANG!

You will find in my thread on the car a member here translated the German invoice from Gemballa. Car has a lot of good stuff on it.

5 hours ago, Uncle said:

Yeah he did. He called me when he was there and started it. Let's just say I could hear the knock through the phone and the phone was not on speaker..

The car has an extensive oil cooling system on it with 3 oil coolers and lots of line. You would want to give it a solid flush before fitting a new motor. My guess is the Eboost dial of death has been turned up to just, one, more, psi..... BANG!

You will find in my thread on the car a member here translated the German invoice from Gemballa. Car has a lot of good stuff on it.

Yes I saw your original thread and that's a BIG BUCK engine to be repairing, bet he wished he never dialed it up to 11.... someone's cashed out with a $60,000 loss.....

21 hours ago, Uncle said:

Thanks again for taking a look for me @Niko. After much thought I think I'll skip it and keep my power dry. 

Yes mate, I agree, I think it would be a great car to have, but that noise along with a couple of other things may turn into an expensive exercise

20 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Out of interest's sake did you get to look at the Gemballa Niko - any info on the "engine noise"?

I will try and post it up shortly I still have it on my phone.

I'm thinking the car has probably been sold by now although I haven't checked.   I have a lot more photos of the car taken from the GRAYS LOT.

So if anyone wants them, let me know.

The car has definitely been tracked, it has the fire extinguisher now fitted and also in the second photo you can see the chain which I think has been part of a secondary bonnet lock.

Body wise the car is pretty good.  It has had some sort of re spray with a lot of masking tape tell tales left on the gaps of the bodywork.   

Interior needs a tidy up, but apart from a small rip in the base of drivers seat its all pretty good.

Brake rotors look good, couldn't see any heat cracks across the drilled surface.

The fabric roof works well up and down, but it does have a bit of fabric problem on the drivers side,  the rear window I think has been replaced and is plastic but in good nick

All electrics seem to work, not sure about the aircon, I only turned the motor on for a short time because of the noise it emitted.

Clutch pedal was very high, and it was a bit hard getting into third, whilst stationary on the lot.    brake pedal firm

Rear original spoiler works manually from interior switch.  

But after all that.....have a listen to the last attachment.......:wacko:

IMG_3506.thumb.jpeg.d560512535700696e8ef1b8fc0d654e5.jpegDSCN0937.thumb.jpg.1903df9137e1a204180843628a31d406.jpgDSCN0935.thumb.jpg.410cd91d77f6de76331919b28540d176.jpg

I

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Jason A said:

Speed Yellow 03 986 @ 22,000 kms for $19k in Melbourne on Gumtree. Checked it out yesterday- don’t waste your time of effort.

How much can be wrong with a 22k car? Other than an odometer rollback or crash damage?

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, amanda said:

Seems I might be in the market for a 'cheapie' Boxster or a MX-5 (the latter feels sensible. But Porsche!)

Has anyone checked out this?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1997-porsche-boxster-986-manual/SSE-AD-6182082/?Cr=2

It's rather attractive.....

I’m with @LeeM low k manual won’t last at that price, I would be waking $500 on that today sight unseen and have Dave Brennan take a quick look for you... do it @amanda! You buy an MX5 when you want another P car you will always wish you went the other way...

Ok, with the 3.2 sale coming in fast the Boxster need to go.

Full service history, it’s had a recent service from @Dave Brennan, no mods, 18 inch alloys and Victorian rego until Feb 2020. A Vic RWC will be included.

Had the IMS and clutch done at 96xxxkms and now has 120xxxkms showing.

It’s got the obligatory front stone chips as you would expect a car that gets driven has. 

It will have a brand new genuine Porsche roof installed next week (depending on postage from Germany).

Price is negotiable

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/geelong/cars-vans-utes/porsche-boxster-986-2004-/1225162363?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

10 hours ago, amanda said:

Seems I might be in the market for a 'cheapie' Boxster or a MX-5 (the latter feels sensible. But Porsche!)

Has anyone checked out this?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1997-porsche-boxster-986-manual/SSE-AD-6182082/?Cr=2

It's rather attractive.....

Looks pretty tidy and if the spiel is accurate sounds like a good one 

• 2 weeks later...