I hadnt heard of that before, I thought it was just me wanting to sell my car to a 'decent'person.

I dreaded having to go through the rigmarole of selling my wifes Territory 3 weeks ago.

But I stuck it on Carsales, for over double what the P dealer offered as a trade ($23K), and it sold to the first person who saw it in person, for $500 less than asking, and with the owner ok to get the roady. The purchaser and her father were nice to deal with, and she was stoked to get a car in great condition.

It nice when your previous pride and joy goes to where it may be  appreciated

14 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

This might interest someone - according to the photos it's NOT an auto, which makes it a bit more appealing  2007 Boxster S @26k in a colour I don't hate  https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1146558889037146/     

Exterior looks good, fair price perhaps, don't know about the blue roof though, or the grey interior.  Love the wheels, same as we had on our 987 🙂   For a similar price, far superior to the  GT3 custom tribute Boxster above.......

3 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Exterior looks good, fair price perhaps, don't know about the blue roof though, or the grey interior.  Love the wheels, same as we had on our 987 🙂   For a similar price, far superior to the  GT3 custom tribute Boxster above.......

I’d be wary. Looks like the same vehicle is advertised on CS with different year and price. 
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2005-Porsche-Boxster-S-987-Manual-MY05/SSE-AD-6565742

3 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Yes, I hate that light grey interior across whole Porsche range... If it's a 3.4, that would be nice too ;)

1 minute ago, base said:

I’d be wary. Looks like the same vehicle is advertised on CS with different year and price. 
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2005-Porsche-Boxster-S-987-Manual-MY05/SSE-AD-6565742

Oh yeah, bit Caveat Emptor on this one!  But on the odd chance it's not a scam or a dog, maybe worth a visit if you were close?

Just had a proper look at CS.  Definitely a FB scam.

36 minutes ago, base said:

Jeez, can't trust anyone these days 🙂  Just had the "I'm working on an oil rig but can I pay by Paypal" scam attempted on the yacht my little syndicate's trying to sell.  One of the other guys who is handling the advertising very excited until I let him down (none too gently, I can be a bastard 🙂 ).

Anyway, for the real thing, I'd say very overpriced at that, even with lowish kms, particularly if IMS not been done.  Middish $30's I reckon, so take off $5k to allow contingency to do the IMS and it might be about right......

4 hours ago, Fishcop said:

This might interest someone - according to the photos it's NOT an auto, which makes it a bit more appealing  2007 Boxster S @26k in a colour I don't hate  https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1146558889037146/     

Seller got real dicey when I asked for a pic of the vin and removed himself from the conversation and pulled the ad. 

14 minutes ago, JoshSnell said:

Seller got real dicey when I asked for a pic of the vin and removed himself from the conversation and pulled the ad. 

Still on their Facebook page. 

F82EA3F8-69B7-45DA-9D73-60100D4F5243.jpeg

15 hours ago, JoshSnell said:

Still on their Facebook page. 

F82EA3F8-69B7-45DA-9D73-60100D4F5243.jpeg

Seller backtracked and removed the post from Facebook.  When I messaged again, he said the ad stated it was a sample photo (which it didnt) and they decided to remove the post until the car was available.

Definitely misleading, but I think they do actually have one available.  I've asked for the actual pics just to see what I get.

• 4 weeks later...

No affiliation.... My old Boxster is up for sale after only 5 months of ownership.  Asking price suggests attempted flip - there's a substantial chunk of margin over what I sold it for (I was motivated to move it to get into my turbo).  The new exhaust does sound suitably grunty.  https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2006-porsche-boxster-987-manual-my06/SSE-AD-6717347/?Cr=2

1 hour ago, flamingporsche said:

No affiliation.... My old Boxster is up for sale after only 5 months of ownership.  Asking price suggests attempted flip - there's a substantial chunk of margin over what I sold it for (I was motivated to move it to get into my turbo).  The new exhaust does sound suitably grunty.  https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2006-porsche-boxster-987-manual-my06/SSE-AD-6717347/?Cr=2

That price is certainly gold plated as you inferred....

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, reggiegums said:

Just got myself a 2000 Boxster S manual.

Straight to the workshop to remove that rear wing then to the open road to see what the fuss is all about.

IMG_7829.jpg.248483e70e1bc770296874ba9b0564ec.jpg

Well your first move was a good move......

On 11/07/2020 at 22:46, WB997.2GTS said:

AND?

I'll admit it. I was a 911 snob. Took the little BS out with a driving group on the weekend for fast country driving and now admit i was wrong.

Acceleration...bad. A WRX can just blast pass. But the true measure of the car is in the fast corners.

WOW. I was pushing e92 m3s and CLA 45s out of the way in the twisties. Unlike a 911, there is no weight following through on the bends. Its just steer in and steer out. And the brakes.....small in size compared to some of the monster calipers today, but perfect, i mean perfect for the small car.

It could use more torque lower in the range but there is plenty above 4,000prm and at speeds well pass the highway speeds it is just brilliant.

Maybe the car needs to lose some weight, shorter gearing from 1-3 and maybe another 50hp and i think it truly is the best sports car out there.

• 2 weeks later...

6 hours ago, Mttel said:

A ‘bit’ optimistic?? $6k is ridiculous!

On 19/07/2020 at 22:11, reggiegums said:

i think it truly is the best sports car out there.

I'm making a couple of assumptions here, after reading your post.

That is that you hadn't driven a Boxster through the twisties before?

Second is that you haven't driven a broad variety of sports cars through similar roads?

Based on the above I'm calling bullshit, with all due respect.