13 minutes ago, Pweesng said:

Nice! NC2 is a lot of improvement over the NC1 I had. I find coils a bit too hard for me. So I swap it out for the Bilstein B12 kit. But I never tried Ohlins, I heard they are the best coils available for NCs. 

If I can find a 987.2 or 981 within my budget, I would look at them too. Just trying hard not to cross the 50 k budget, and I need to set aside budget to change the head unit to one with CarPlay. The picking isn’t that great from what I can see on Carsales. 

Yeh, it's a tough time to be buying a car with limited stock available. If you can be patient I think that would be the best thing to do, stock will come back and 987.2 prices will be back where they were soon enough especially with 981 prices sliding down. Worth the wait.

Carplay was an important thing for me too and I had a Pioneer unit installed not long after purchasing.

1 hour ago, rego said:

Yeh, it's a tough time to be buying a car with limited stock available. If you can be patient I think that would be the best thing to do, stock will come back and 987.2 prices will be back where they were soon enough especially with 981 prices sliding down. Worth the wait.

Carplay was an important thing for me too and I had a Pioneer unit installed not long after purchasing.

How much did the pioneer head unit cost with installation? Just as a rough gauge on how much I should be looking to set aside for that. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, JLD said:

I do like that, but hail damage...

Yeh, it's never gonna be a mint car but the guy said in the post he was keen to get rid of it and is only in it for 12k.

Given the previous owner did IMS, Control arms, starter etc.. not long before this guy got it I thought it might be a good track car or beater for someone.

I should think if the provenance is in order and its just minor hail, $5-10k ball park for a running, rego, mechanically sorted boxster is sound buying...that is where I'd be comfortable! Leaves you some money for paint work, if there PDR was only $2k like he said and it would come up mint, he should do it... a good sorted 2.5 Boxster is still a $20k+ car if its nice, I should know since I sold one similar a few months ago. 😜 

Does anyone know anything about the history of this one, or spoken to the owner? Low 20s for a manual s with a hardtop sounds potentially pretty good, but almost 0 details in the ad and the (lack of) quality of the interior photos makes me doubt it's decent.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2000-porsche-boxster-s-986-manual-my00/SSE-AD-6844719

5 hours ago, GregDash said:

Does anyone know anything about the history of this one, or spoken to the owner? Low 20s for a manual s with a hardtop sounds potentially pretty good, but almost 0 details in the ad and the (lack of) quality of the interior photos makes me doubt it's decent.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2000-porsche-boxster-s-986-manual-my00/SSE-AD-6844719

If you make contact with the seller and get some more info and photos etc, and you are not near where the car is....

You could ask on here, if anyone could have a look for you, keeping in mind it would only be a look.   (obviously a PPI if you decide to go further) 

I'm sure if anyone is able to, they will check it out for you, but do all your enquiries first.

Looks half reasonable.  

On 03/12/2020 at 10:26, edgy said:

I should think if the provenance is in order and its just minor hail, $5-10k ball park for a running, rego, mechanically sorted boxster is sound buying...that is where I'd be comfortable! Leaves you some money for paint work, if there PDR was only $2k like he said and it would come up mint, he should do it... a good sorted 2.5 Boxster is still a $20k+ car if its nice, I should know since I sold one similar a few months ago. 😜 

It’s very good buying and seriously sorted with Autowerks looking after it for approx last 10years with all and everything been done in last 4000kms IMS AOS clutch flywheel starter and a new roof.water pump 

I’m happily ensconced in it as I type (parked). 

Have had a quick @zollhaus     consultation and may consider a purple yellow green /blue combo 

50 minutes ago, edgy said:

I am guessing you bought it! 😜 

38 minutes ago, JLD said:

Yep, I enquired but it sold the night I enquired...

11 minutes ago, rego said:

I was seeing WTB ads for 97 Boxster parts and silver body panels so assume so too 🤣

6 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

Definitely break from the ubiquitous black or silver...

Yep, they are a bit boring.  Black is impossible to keep clean as a daily (if you're not retired) & silver is as common as dogs balls (though the right one would do).  As Michel pointed out maybe I am being fussy.

Have thought about buying a car regardless of colour & wrapping it.

22 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

I thought this was a cracker last week (highish kms at 177k) - I was too slow by only a few hours...

CAEE3D92-9A2A-4580-BBE8-559699B4E699.png

I'm assuming a dealer snapped it up and is trying to flip it for $8.5k extra. https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2005-porsche-boxster-s-987-manual-my05/OAG-AD-19396451/?Cr=1

Fair play and all, but that pisses me off a little all the same.

2 minutes ago, GregDash said:

I'm assuming a dealer snapped it up and is trying to flip it for $8.5k extra. https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2005-porsche-boxster-s-987-manual-my05/OAG-AD-19396451/?Cr=1

Fair play and all, but that pisses me off a little all the same.

That's why they're called Stealerships ;)

It's an easy $5k at least they'll make I'm sure...