22 hours ago, DJM said:

Possibly but I don't have a Cayman, the dealer told me I was buying a GT4 ?

I'm sure you meant 912 & 914 owners.  Hairdressers prefer 4 cyl hence the new Boxster spec.

clearly someone who as yet to fully appreciate the sophistication of going slow ;) 

OK, have become aware of a silver '98 manual with a blown engine (broken big end bolt apparently) with price starting at around $8k but open for offers.  Located in northern Tas.  PM me for owner's contact details if you're interested.  Owner's wife wants it gone so she can get the ride-on mower in and out of the shed!!!  If I had the space it'd be mine....

Definite Boxrod to be.......

6 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

OK, have become aware of a silver '98 manual with a blown engine (broken big end bolt apparently) with price starting at around $8k but open for offers.  Located in northern Tas.  PM me for owner's contact details if you're interested.  Owner's wife wants it gone so she can get the ride-on mower in and out of the shed!!!  If I had the space it'd be mine....

Definite Boxrod to be.......

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/acacia-ridge/engine-engine-parts-transmission/porsche-996-engine-and-transmission/1177573136?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

put this in it?

2 hours ago, JLD said:

I’d rather no one buy it and the owner puts it into a Kombi as his ad suggests ?

57 minutes ago, TrevMcRev said:

Boxster S for $17k ono

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bellerive/cars-vans-utes/2002-porsche-boxster-s-986/1177968652?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

Previous repaired in 2004... who gives a shit - it’s a Boxrod! A say $15k 3.2 flat 6 Porsche. 

Stop it 

13 hours ago, JLD said:

Come on Boxrod, seriously what , would you put in this , when cars , have blown motors thats when the rodding becomes very creative and fun...

What has been hemmed into these cars..?

19 minutes ago, symsy said:

What has been hemmed into these cars..?

$8k is far too much for a Boxster needing an engine given that immaculate silver one with 90k kms was $11k negotiable.  Anyway, go to Renegade for a V8 or go it alone with various other options:

Given my last track day was 2 laps in September and it's been in the workshop ever since, I am having withdrawal symptoms.  But the thought of building a track weapon from a stock Boxster is not very appealing.  $8k would become $50k in a heartbeat.

i bought my track ready Mazda for $17k and I reckon I've still thrown $30k at it to keep it going.  I'm always thinking "the worst is behind me" but history shows track cars cost money, fast highly strung ones even more ??

$8k for Boxster with a blown engine is far too much. I think they would be lucky to get half of that. It is very hard to sell a project. If they want to get some money back out of it they need to spend the money to replace the engine themselves or take a much bigger hit unfortunately.

50 minutes ago, TrevMcRev said:

I like the Audi V8 idea... 

I don't understand why he went to the effort of swapping the Subaru to the Audi engine?

If the Subaru had twice as much horsepower and a peaky torque curve but the same weight, why wouldn't you just put a smaller turbo on it to detune it so it had a nice linear lag free torque curve, run it in the power to weight class he wants to be in and be done with it?

Money no object?? 

I’ve googled safari Boxster and nothing comes up. Channeling @OBRUT...

I saw an NA MX5 the other day and thought that’d be a rippa down the ranch ‘teaching the kids’ how to drive (sidewayz) but at these prices why would I bother with a Mazda?

Can you get a tow hook on a Boxster? If so I’m thinking El Rancho Boxster!

50 minutes ago, MFX said:

$8k for Boxster with a blown engine is far too much. I think they would be lucky to get half of that. It is very hard to sell a project. If they want to get some money back out of it they need to spend the money to replace the engine themselves or take a much bigger hit unfortunately.

As I said, he's open to offers.........

1 hour ago, Pork Chops said:

I saw an NA MX5 the other day and thought that’d be a rippa down the ranch ‘teaching the kids’ how to drive (sidewayz) but at these prices why would I bother with a Mazda?

Google Boxster rally car.  Dude in the uk built one as a dirt rally car. Does pretty well. 

Ive often though about stripping Everything off a manual 2.5 or 2.7 Boxster (aside from the a/c...).  My rough calc is you could likely get  to 2.7RS touring power to weight ratio. 

1 hour ago, Pork Chops said:

The @Pork Chops Paddock Basher

Though this one sounds a bit flat to me...needs more cowbell... I mean RPM.

And you can get tow hooks to fit just about anything these days...

HTB1jQb0XOwIL1JjSZFsq6AXFFXaz.jpg