48 minutes ago, GregDash said:

Fair play and all, but that pisses me off a little all the same.

I personally have no problem with it ... Everyone has / had the same opportunity to buy it ... the biggest issue is that most buyers look at it from a keeper point of view, not a flip. So the evaluation of should I buy it becomes emotional rather than logical and ends up taking longer than it should.

I love that we live in a country that we can do this ... it extends to houses, collectibles, stamps, coins, etc.

We all do it in some form or another .. Buy low and sell for a profit.

2 hours ago, Dreamr said:

I personally have no problem with it ... Everyone has / had the same opportunity to buy it ... the biggest issue is that most buyers look at it from a keeper point of view, not a flip. So the evaluation of should I buy it becomes emotional rather than logical and ends up taking longer than it should.

I love that we live in a country that we can do this ... it extends to houses, collectibles, stamps, coins, etc.

We all do it in some form or another .. Buy low and sell for a profit.

The title itself of this thread no less 

3 hours ago, GregDash said:

I'm assuming a dealer snapped it up and is trying to flip it for $8.5k extra. https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2005-porsche-boxster-s-987-manual-my05/OAG-AD-19396451/?Cr=1

Fair play and all, but that pisses me off a little all the same.

If everyone sends a message with a dumb question it won’t take long to erode his margin. I think each enquiry costs a stealer $50

4 minutes ago, JLD said:

If everyone sends a message with a dumb question it won’t take long to erode his margin. I think each enquiry costs a stealer $50

Why do that to someone trying earn a living? A good dealer will buy at a lower price than the price they'll sell the item for. How well they buy and sell is how they are judged.

I wonder if anyone here has bought and sold and made a profit would be treated in the same vein.  I'm sure there are plenty of air cooled owners who have made a tidy profit. Even those who have recently sold a 996 have reaped the rewards.....

1 hour ago, jakroo said:

Why do that to someone trying earn a living? A good dealer will buy at a lower price than the price they'll sell the item for. How well they buy and sell is how they are judged.

I wonder if anyone here has bought and sold and made a profit would be treated in the same vein.  I'm sure there are plenty of air cooled owners who have made a tidy profit. Even those who have recently sold a 996 have reaped the rewards.....

I forgot the laugh emoji. I wouldn’t do it

12 hours ago, Jason E said:

Yep, they are a bit boring.  Black is impossible to keep clean as a daily (if you're not retired)

Don't know about the boring bit, but you're 100 piss ant right with the keeping it clean.    Once you have driven out of your driveway, it needs another wash and polish..

1 hour ago, Niko said:

Don't know about the boring bit, but you're 100 piss ant right with the keeping it clean.    Once you have driven out of your driveway, it needs another wash and polish..

I should have qualified that by saying that black cars in fact look awesome when they are clean & well kept, but as I am time poor a black car owned by me would look like it was currently housing a family of Badgers.......untidy Badgers at that........

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, TINGY996 said:

It's only 40mins from me.

Things are getting fishy 

2 hours ago, Fishcop said:

Seriously, someone needs to go an grab this before I break my own rules ...... :D

Anyone heard from fishy