8 minutes ago, flamingporsche said:

I’m certain a deal can be done at a price point that’s reasonably compelling even for wovr. 
987.2 S with Chrono plus and PDK ticks a few boxes

Interested in people's comments who have driven old Tip v 9#7 vs 9#1 PDKs, preferably back to back.

I've just driven a 997.2 PDK Carrera and the gear change is no where near as crisp as our 981 PDK, but certainly superior to the Tip I had in a 996.2

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Have found a potential car that I am  considering making an offer on a 986 S

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2000-porsche-boxster-s-986-auto-my00/SSE-AD-13069845/?Cr=4

I will be buying this car from interstate. Seeking input from the group or someone that has previously brought a car interstate -  What are the pitfalls and or issues ? I know I should get a PPI but the car is located is about 7 hours away from Brisbane ? :(

Thanks for your help  :)

On 01/05/2022 at 14:40, flamingporsche said:

I’d never driven a PDK before and it felt very much like a traditional auto to me. Only in base mode not Sport or Sport Plus.

I only know from my Macan, but the difference in the PDK between normal, sport and sport plus are 3 huge steps. I never drive in normal as it is too sluggish and unresponsive. Sport is what I drive in day to day. You can't drive slow in Sport Plus, it is like a rabid pit bull on a leash ;) 

2 hours ago, Pcar said:

Hi All,

Have found a potential car that I am  considering making an offer on a 986 S

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2000-porsche-boxster-s-986-auto-my00/SSE-AD-13069845/?Cr=4

I will be buying this car from interstate. Seeking input from the group or someone that has previously brought a car interstate -  What are the pitfalls and or issues ? I know I should get a PPI but the car is located is about 7 hours away from Brisbane ? :(

Thanks for your help  :)

I was going to suggest Porsche Townsville but that’s still a long way from Yeppoon. I’d ask for photos of the entire service history and speak to the place that’s serviced it, also you’d want someone to inspect it even if it’s not a Porsche dealer.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tomo said:

And a 1 ltr engine

-1L ... So I figure it's a 2.4 running on 4 cylinders? 😅 ... Could be cheap fun ... Or an expensive headache. Nice colour though! Where is that for sale, a Facebook group?

4 hours ago, GC9911 said:

Yep, better call Jeff 😂😂😂

Haha. It looks like a neat well looked after car. He serviced it himself so it must be good. You can see the quality of his work with the bumper repairs and pod filter. I guess he replaced the timing belt himself too... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Derailing the conversation a little here, but I need some input from the hive mind. There seems to be about 25hp difference between the 2.5 and the 2.7 engines, can this be picked up in intake and exhaust mods? Or if someone was looking at a 2.5 would you steer them straight to a 2.7 (perhaps for other reasons also)?

3 hours ago, the_sovereign_man said:

Derailing the conversation a little here, but I need some input from the hive mind. There seems to be about 25hp difference between the 2.5 and the 2.7 engines, can this be picked up in intake and exhaust mods? Or if someone was looking at a 2.5 would you steer them straight to a 2.7 (perhaps for other reasons also)?

You could always go with the 2.5 then rip it out and put an Audi V8 into it ;)