RUF SCR at Geneva 510hp 4L ??

DJM

1 hour ago, brian in buddina said:

for 700k it would have been nice to see carbon chassis with tubular front & rear half frames

I was under the impression this carbon tube and tubular chassis design was what was being used .............

Qfq4d_VY2_Td_Ork_R1_Lk-_Bs4g.jpg

I wonder if they have to crash test that chassis, I’m guessing they will for TUV certification.

Not sure on the dimensions of this car but to me it’s the direction Porsche should have gone instead of the 991/2,  which is fat enough to swallow a 928 whole.

4 hours ago, Coastr said:

I wonder if they have to crash test that chassis, I’m guessing they will for TUV certification.

Yep. Front, side and rear just like any other manufacturer

Singer do it also but on a reworked 964 chassis Ruf has been modding Porsche,s to the extreme for decades ,,,I would love to see some one else do this sort of thing a little closer to Oz but at a more  realistic price .......$700k is Singer money and that chassis is pretty impressive you could really have one hell of a 911 hot rod with that as its back bone and a classic steel wide body wild 3.8 air cooled power plant  ...But say at $350 k ,,that would be a more realistic price ,,you either buy a new GT3  or a new old school hot rod with all the go fast parts and that classic charm   ...:D

Archived