New record set for Aussie Muscle

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, JV911 said:

2020-06-28_10-45-39

An old mate of mine has his mint very low kms A9X on blocks in the garage since the 80's,  and still has it. We always took the piss out of him when he said back in the 90's "Mark my words, these will be worth a fortune one day". 

Seems he was right 😳🙄

53 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

Did this have any special history in order to make that number?

It would  have to had won Bathurst to fetch that sort of money you would think .I think there were 405 A9X cars made 305 4 Door sedan and a 100 Hatchs

Bob Morris Group C race car sold for a little over $700 K a few years back with a long history attached to it

A rare Atlantis blue Hatch back 1 of 2 made complete with the factory hatch tent sold for $495 K around a month back ,,this seems to be the money pristine examples of the A9X are currently going for ...

https://www.australianmusclecarsales.com.au/sold/1977-lx-torana-a9x-hatchback-244134

• 4 months later...

Special car alright. Big bucks.

I guess it doesn't matter how much it goes for as long as someone else wants it more when you're ready to let it go.

Saw a one owner 2003 VY v6 37k klm advertised for 14+ THOUSAND DOLLARS at a dealer a few days ago. 😂😁😀😃😄😅

CS Qld if anyone wants it. 😉

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I was besotted with a manual 5.8 ESP XE back in the day. Still would love one as a cruiser. Anyway what a waste, good luck cruising in this one, will cost many $$$ getting it on the road. ( still only a 302 )

4 hours ago, sjm said:

I was besotted with a manual 5.8 ESP XE back in the day. Still would love one as a cruiser. Anyway what a waste, good luck cruising in this one, will cost many $$$ getting it on the road. ( still only a 302 )

Bet this never gets driven unfortunately. It's value is it being a time capsule and the non existent mileage...

50 minutes ago, Dalai said:

Bet this never gets driven unfortunately. It's value is it being a time capsule and the non existent mileage...

I just don't get that at all. Fair enough the car has 60kms on it, yet why on earth people pay ridiculous amounts of money for these cars, only to stick them in their mancave to look at has me stumped