SENSORS FOR CROSSING BROKEN LINES

On 5/4/2018 at 11:39 AM, OZ930 said:

Maybe a Mahatma Ghandi approach is required.  Passive protest, nobody pay the fine and clog the court system.

If you don,t pay the fine in NSW with in the set payment time they cancel your rego ....................The NSW system require that you pay the fine ,,,then once you have had your day in court and win your case you are then  refunded your fine ..................it is morally and ethically wrong ,,,,,this county is a disgrace and a Police State..soul purpose take money from working Australians and do nothing good with it :PissedOff: 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Raven said:

If you don,t pay the fine in NSW with in the set payment time they cancel your rego ....................The NSW system require that you pay the fine ,,,then once you have had your day in court and win your case you are then  refunded your fine ..................it is morally and ethically wrong ,,,,,this county is a disgrace and a Police State..soul purpose take money from working Australians and do nothing good with it :PissedOff: 

I don't think that is quite right .... if you choose to contest the fine in court, it is put on hold until the outcome of the case .... then of course the court costs are added!! ...

26 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

I don't think that is quite right .... if you choose to contest the fine in court, it is put on hold until the outcome of the case .... then of course the court costs are added!! ...

it applies to all infringements in NSW ....................................$$$$$$$$ GUILTY before proven Innocent 

After attending another accident today, I don't understand how the statistics that are regularly spouted are correct. Understandably as a Firefighter I attend around 1 accident per shift, and in my experience at least, it doesn't correlate with the stats.

In my experience, around 75% of accidents were caused by females, stats say that males cause more. Accidents cause by speeding are very few from what I have seen (can't think of any off the top of my head). I would say almost 99% are due to purely people not paying attention. Whether they are on the phone, or tired, or medicated, or what have you, it is the lack of attentiveness that seems to be most common.

Today was a prime example. An SUV was stopped to turn right into a carpark in a 50km zone. Wide straight road, with plenty of visibility. 2 cars easily went around him on the left and the 3rd car drove straight into the back of him writing off both cars. The driver, a young woman in her 20's swears she was not on her phone...

41 minutes ago, Raven said:

it applies to all infringements in NSW ....................................$$$$$$$$ GUILTY before proven Innocent 

I honestly thought it was how I wrote ... if that's the case .... :PissedOff:  :LOL:

27 minutes ago, MFX said:

After attending another accident today, I don't understand how the statistics that are regularly spouted are correct. Understandably as a Firefighter I attend around 1 accident per shift, and in my experience at least, it doesn't correlate with the stats.

In my experience, around 75% of accidents were caused by females, stats say that males cause more. Accidents cause by speeding are very few from what I have seen (can't think of any off the top of my head). I would say almost 99% are due to purely people not paying attention. Wether they are on the phone, or tired, or medicated, or what have you, it is the lack of attentiveness that seems to be most common.

Today was a prime example. An SUV was stopped to turn right into a carpark in a 50km zone. Wide straight road, with plenty of visibility. 2 cars easily went around him on the left and the 3rd car drove straight into the back of him writing off both cars.

The driver, a young woman in her 20's swears she was not on her phone...

I call bullshit.

Some of our traffic controllers have done there own statistical counts observing motorists. According to them on average every 7th driver is using the mobile.

Be careful out there.

Stats are made up by the financial boffins in government Jeff. The Police spokespeople are just dribbling bullshit to justify the cameras like they do for everything else 

14 minutes ago, firstone said:

Some of our traffic controllers have done there own statistical counts observing motorists. According to them on average every 7th driver is using the mobile.

Mate, I'm in a van up higher, and I see a LOT of phone users whilst driving every day either talking, texting or checking social media, so I'd say that is correct.    

Archived