Who's stolen 996 911?

Pokiou

In which civilized country does one attack a policeman with physical violence, or ram his police car (repeatedly)?  

Try it in the States, or Europe, see what happens. 

Chances are a bullet or six to deal with. 

3 hours ago, Coastr said:

The decision to use lethal force is when the criminals are using lethal force.

They could easily have killed or seriously injured a police officer.  Therefore the police had every justification in the world to use lethal force....except they aren't allowed because someones feelings might be hurt, or someones darling 'never did anything wrong' son might end up seriously injured or in a box.  

I know an officer who was the victim of a car ram while following (not chasing) criminals...they were injured and off work for months, and then a longer recovery to full fitness.  We as a society should value our officers (yes, even the ones who hand out stupid fines) higher than our criminals.  Most police officers are decent aussies who are trying to do their best in a tough gig.  The courts and rules stacked up against them is shocking.  We should allow the police to get back to policing and that means making the criminals actually worried about being caught.

I also don't condone wishing criminals get beaten and raped in prison, or vigilante justice.  If we want to use physical assault as punishment, then as a society we should hand out the punishment formally, not turn a blind eye and hope thugs in prison do the dirty work.  It used to be done in sentencing.

I respect your views and we probably agree on more things than not. However, lethal force in the field by police has been fraught with abuse in other parts of the world. 

My solution above was tongue in cheek...

The guys in this particular instance deserved something harsher than they received but lethal force often meted out by inexperienced officers is also a form of vigilante justice.

Ultimately, we need to ensure that police can arrest criminals with appropriate force (!?) confident that the judicial system will take care of them in a manner befitting the crime.

1 hour ago, Fraz said:

Check out that poor sad face, RIP. 

1 hour ago, Fraz said:

Check out that poor sad face, RIP. 

I’m sure if driver knew how to drive a 911 he could have gotten away. My personal choice would be a 911! Very sad to see- aren’t 70% of all P’s still on the road? I hope the owner got to say a final farewell ?

11 hours ago, Ozvino said:

It will show up at Lorbeks by the end of April......one owner never been in an accident

Wouldn't be a lie.  Deliberate ramming is not an accident :Chuckle2:

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Is there only one way this 4S wouldn't be registered on the WOVR and that is coz it wasn't insured so therefore no claim no record of the accident re insurance industry and or Vicroads?

WOVR only applies if its less than 15 years old

This car looks like its in a big mess & will probably sell for too much 

1 hour ago, James P said:

WOVR only applies if its less than 15 years old

This car looks like its in a big mess & will probably sell for too much 

And after paying too much will cost a motsa when the dollars are added up after that's back on the road .. then some unsuspecting dude will buy it?

Didn't know that about the 15 years James, so silly question, any car for sale under 2003 could've been smacked to pieces and repaired and there's no record anywhere official for the general buyer?

25 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

And after paying too much will cost a motsa when the dollars are added up after that's back on the road .. then some unsuspecting dude will buy it?

Didn't know that about the 15 years James, so silly question, any car for sale under 2003 could've been smacked to pieces and repaired and there's no record anywhere official for the general buyer?

Yes its stupid but true on both accounts

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/registration/vehicle-modifications-and-defects/written-off-vehicles/the-written-off-vehicles-register-and-write-off-types

I'd try the Lambo first before the 911.

Whats making this totally unrepairable, a couple of Hella's from supercheap, and a nasty aftermarket bodykit and you'd be good to go?

http://www.manheim.com.au/damaged-vehicles/5213788/lamborghini-murcielago-lp640-coupé?referringPage=SearchResults

can't be worse than that clone that was on gumtree thread  2 weeks ago

actually, if you bought both.....

19 hours ago, deano said:

I'd try the Lambo first before the 911.

Whats making this totally unrepairable, a couple of Hella's from supercheap, and a nasty aftermarket bodykit and you'd be good to go?

http://www.manheim.com.au/damaged-vehicles/5213788/lamborghini-murcielago-lp640-coupé?referringPage=SearchResults

can't be worse than that clone that was on gumtree thread  2 weeks ago

actually, if you bought both.....

I would strongly advise against touching that Lambo.

Archived