The A62435 Car Build

I like 2 because it is really subtle. On that colour I think that is what I would go for. I don't really like the metallic against the solid colour of the car.

I of course would have gone for the loudest colour car available, with wing of course , so stripes on that imaginary car would be BOLD ?

Thanks Gents, I like 1 initially as it was grey / brown and chalk has similar attributes.  Has a brown hue in some light although mostly looks like grey.    But then the metallic of 1 didn't sit right with the non metallic chalk in my mind, hence looking at some flat greys.  Other thing is 2 is a matte version.  Subsequent thought is go with 2, then go gloss. 

Given the vinyls on 1 have been purchased (online store) I think I'll install them initially. If no good, can always take them off and try again I suppose. 

Matte black was another option but gets to a point having too much going on with a strong contrast. 

I think 2 in gloss would be my pick. Black on that car would be too much I think.

The way I see it is the Touring in Chalk is about being subtle (something I know very little about) ;) 

• 3 weeks later...

Well there you have it. Final build on the car. Couple of years in the making but will say I'm really happy with it.  Beautiful car to drive.  Really enjoying it.  

Out of interest, for those considering Chalk on future cars, Ive shared a few picture of chalk / Crayon in the sun and in the shade.  Not only in pictures, but it takes on quite a range of grey hues in real life. 

Well hope you have enjoyed the build history and random info as much as I did in building it.  See you on the road or at a targa sometime.?

Shout out to the guys that helped and worth looking up:

• Jason at PCB. 
  • NS2 Media 
  • Lee Brother Upholsters 
  • Exclusive Wraps
  • Detailing Studio 
  • Coorparoo Paint and Panel

Well ..... firstly, congratulations.  I tip my hat, you had the patience and vision and it has all come off.  That is one awesome looking car.   

For me the wheels were alway the most challenging but the guys have nailed it.  Not a massive fan of the factory guards red ones but in the yellow they look the ducks.

Also, nice read. 

1 hour ago, itsujack said:

Congrats this turned out great! Has me thinking there may be stripes in my Touring's future... where did you source yours?

Hi, Assume a touring already in or incoming ? Care to share more ?    Stripes where from exclusive wraps, of the design I gave them, so they could reprint I assume.  They are the same as the turbo exclusive or the 997 sports classic if that helps.

23 hours ago, LeeM said:

Nah, looks shit mate 

?

Agree, goes shit as well.. in fact its on carsales at 50% of RRP right now :)

21 hours ago, AB_981 said:

Well ..... firstly, congratulations.  I tip my hat, you had the patience and vision and it has all come off.  That is one awesome looking car.   

For me the wheels were alway the most challenging but the guys have nailed it.  Not a massive fan of the factory guards red ones but in the yellow they look the ducks.

Also, nice read. 

9 hours ago, Gas said:

Beautiful build. I wonder if there’s room for another allocation...

8 hours ago, poli84 said:

Congrats sir, beautiful car you have built. Excellent vision, huge balls to pull apart a brand new GT3 but you have pulled it off.

Thanks guys. Always felt if your spending that sort of money, no point if its not how you like it.  

11 hours ago, Oldmxnut said:

Hi, Assume a touring already in or incoming ? Care to share more ?    Stripes where from exclusive wraps, of the design I gave them, so they could reprint I assume.  They are the same as the turbo exclusive or the 997 sports classic if that helps.

Thanks will check them out. Car is due in a month... been a long wait, almost done ? will post up more info soon.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have had to make the hard decision to sell my touring., as I consider the next phase of life.  I don't want to flip it and not even that keen on advertising it.  To make things a little easier, I would like to see it go to a fellow enthusiast.  If you or you know someone that would be interested and serious to acquire it then please inbox me.  Cleary nothing wrong with the car and in my opinion the most unique touring in the country.  Before you ask I am looking for a fair premium above RRP obviously but conversely not a silly number either. The right buyer will know its worth to them personally. Please no tire kickers.

Sad to say, the enjoyment and pleasure it seems was to be short lived.

8 hours ago, Oldmxnut said:

Hi All,

With some recent personal confronting news, I have had to make the hard decision to sell my touring., as I consider the next phase of life.  I don't want to flip it and not even that keen on advertising it.  To make things a little easier, I would like to see it go to a fellow enthusiast.  If you or you know someone that would be interested and serious to acquire it then please inbox me.  Cleary nothing wrong with the car and in my opinion the most unique touring in the country.  Before you ask I am looking for a fair premium above RRP obviously but conversely not a silly number either. The right buyer will know its worth to them personally. Please no tire kickers.

Sorry to hear this after all the energy you put into it, must be very difficult but obviously life throws unexpected things at us from time to time. It's just a car... but what a car! All the best in your situation, will keep an ear out for anyone in the market.

• 3 months later...
On 28/09/2018 at 23:24, Oldmxnut said:

Hi All,

With some recent personal confronting news, I have had to make the hard decision to sell my touring., as I consider the next phase of life.  I don't want to flip it and not even that keen on advertising it.  To make things a little easier, I would like to see it go to a fellow enthusiast.  If you or you know someone that would be interested and serious to acquire it then please inbox me.  Cleary nothing wrong with the car and in my opinion the most unique touring in the country.  Before you ask I am looking for a fair premium above RRP obviously but conversely not a silly number either. The right buyer will know its worth to them personally. Please no tire kickers.

Just saw your car on carsales today.  Sorry to hear you have bad news.  My car just sold today, so happy to share with you how the sales process went if you want to send me a PM.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gents, been missing in action for a while. But looking forward to a new year.   Yes I did list my touring on car sales the other week but had minimal enquiry with price potentially a little too high, so dropped it off for a while.  As someone mentioned on another thread.. no resale value in options and I have few ! :).  In the meantime still enjoying the ride.

On 04/01/2019 at 20:40, Bardman said:

Just saw your car on carsales today.  Sorry to hear you have bad news.  My car just sold today, so happy to share with you how the sales process went if you want to send me a PM.

Archived