Project Cars 2

MFX

Hey guys,

I have been following a thread on the Z car forum where all the guys have been driving the same 240z around Bathurst. 

I was thinking we should be doing something similar on here, so I am thinking the 911R around Bathurst. Bathurst, particularly over the top is a track to sort out the men from the boys so lets see some times.

Current leaderboard

2:04.581 @thumperson

2:08.691  @MFX 

2:09:507 @Pokiou

2:09.874 @nbauto

2:10:240  @Big Dav

2:12.982 @ugame

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got PC2 (and PC1) but never play 2 because my wheel is not compatible.  The kids seem to manage alright on the controller but I am hopeless on it without the wheel!

Need to get a new wheel setup. 

Anyone want to buy a Fanatec GT3RS wheel and pedals set?

It's great, but not compatible with some of the latest games.

I'm driving PC2 tonight at a friend's and looking forward to driving real Pcars for the first time, and not having to RUF pretend! I'm up for a 911R going down through the corkscrew, and let the PFA virtual IROC begin! Standby for a average time! ;)

This might be enough to get me to finally get it out of the plastic wrap it's still in and have a go ... Only have a controller as well as the old wheel I had doesn't work on PS4 so I look forward to setting the benchmark slow lap :lol:

3 minutes ago, TrevMcRev said:

I'm shitze at Bathurst - that track really doesn't flow for me.

Shouldn't we Porsche people be at the 'ring?

That is the point. It is a very difficult track to get right, and I am not an expert at all. Just thought it would be good to get a car and game that is the same for all of us and we can set a bit of a leaderboard. 

3 hours ago, nbauto said:

Ill try go for a few laps tonight, usually fairly quick around bathurst. I assume you mean the 911 GT3 R?

Yes maybe it was a GT3 R. From memory it was in the top right of the Porsche options. 

I used the GT3 R as I couldn’t find a plain old 911 R [emoji6]

I had a crack for 10 laps and got down to a 2.14.9 which is crap I know but it’s early days!

I used the stock “loose” setup but really struggled getting out of the left hander after braking hard for The Chase. Some tweaks should improve it a bit.

I just bought a better wheel so I'm keen to get back into sim racing - we used to race GT Legends once a week (it's got Porsches!) and it was great fun, then we got caught up in some Australian Carrera Cup series and I sort of lost interest

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got back from NZ and after about half an hour I put down a very shabby and beatable 2:13.604. My potential is 2:12.083 at the moment if I can string it all together.

Anyway, I have added a leaderboard to the first post in this thread so the current times to beat are up there.

I am on Xbox and I need to subscribe to Xbox Gold to go online (and access Time Trials and a bunch of other features). It really annoys me to have to pay another monthly subscription to something. Why can't I just pay a one off fee!!! :PissedOff: 

I will probably sign up soon, so we can organise something.

ohh bugger im on PS4 for that :(... maybe we need to find a medium which would be PC... assetto corsa has the largest selection  of Porsches game wise.

Hang on.. are these times with ALL assist off or some on... cause me being the idiot have all the assists off and driving the 911 Carrera RSR around Bathurst trying to get that time and only getting 2:20 lol... 

Ok the GT3 R my time on PS4 is:

2:13:220.. Not happy as im currently 4-5 seconds off my old pace :( .

18 minutes ago, Pokiou said:

Hang on.. are these times with ALL assist off or some on... cause me being the idiot have all the assists off and driving the 911 Carrera RSR around Bathurst trying to get that time and only getting 2:20 lol... 

Without assists, we are men (and women) not mice ?

When I first learn a track I will often turn on the braking zones, but as you get faster they are distracting and only give you a rough guide anyway. It takes a while to learn the balance of the car. I also don't include any laps that they don't, which can get really annoying  if you come off mid track and it won't accept your next lap either ggrrrr.

I will also add that when I first started trying to get times on the Z forum I couldn't get within 15secs of their times. Now I have gotten down another 15 secs and the top guys are still 6 secs quicker than me.

50 minutes ago, Pokiou said:

Ok so i jsut did 2:10:668... i can find another 2 seconds somewhere just need to adjust.

Haha, you knocked that 10 seconds down quickly, looks like you just needed some encouragement :D 

Time has been adjusted, so now I need to start pushing that track again ?

5 minutes ago, grantmr said:

Does it have to be PC2? I have forza 7 on Xbox, it has Bathurst and I think gt3rs. I might fire it up and see if the times are comparable.

We need to keep apples with apples, so it would need to be PC2 to keep a level playing field.

2 hours ago, MFX said:

We need to keep apples with apples, so it would need to be PC2 to keep a level playing field.

Yeah I can see that. Using a controller I could only muster a 2:10.1, in a 2018 gt2rs with race tyres and diff. (To try and dial out some of the ridiculous wheelspin haha)

uS1LYtR.jpg

7 hours ago, MFX said:

Haha, you knocked that 10 seconds down quickly, looks like you just needed some encouragement :D 

Time has been adjusted, so now I need to start pushing that track again ?

BRING IT ON!!!! haha. You should do an Episode on Sim Racing and how your rig works.

I will have a look at doing a sim racing vid. There may be some interest I suppose.

Anyway, I had another half an hour or so trying to string a lap together. I have gotten slightly faster at a 2:12.473, but my potential is down to 2:10.709 if I can just get my sh!t together in one lap ;) 

Archived