Project Cars 2

MFX

1 hour ago, ugame said:

Well I hit again and turned TC totally off rather than the default "authentic". This increased lock ups but was otherwise controllable and arguably faster but I'm still 10 seconds off you guys.  I think I need to get more angry across the top.  I mag post a video of a good lap so you guys can give pointers on where I'm slacking off.

We're all using the 911 GT3 R as the base yes?

Yep all in the GT3 R. There is a lot to nailing corners 3 and 4. From there to the top of the hill is about being smooth. Most of the time is getting quick through the S's over the top and getting out of the dipper. I still have a long way to catch up, but my lap was not the smoothest so there is a bit of time (obviously) I will have to give it another push. If you can do it in time trial and run against your own ghost,  you can quickly learn what line was faster and what is slower.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MFX said:

Yep all in the GT3 R. There is a lot to nailing corners 3 and 4. From there to the top of the hill is about being smooth. Most of the time is getting quick through the S's over the top and getting out of the dipper. I still have a long way to catch up, but my lap was not the smoothest so there is a bit of time (obviously) I will have to give it another push. If you can do it in time trial and run against your own ghost,  you can quickly learn what line was faster and what is slower.

Yep turn 3 and 4 are a real odd ball.

Ok I've actually now adjusted my controller configuration. As I said before it felt kind of "compromised". I'd already killed the deadzones mostly but it still felt like control using a PS4 controller was somehow "assisted" in a bad way.

Key changes.....

Controller Dampening...now set to ZERO.

And I've dialed UP the steering and throttle sensitivity.

It wasn't acting like true 0 to 100% before so even with TC off, it's hard to light up the rears, which is a real clue to how false it is. Clearly to make up for the little physical movement on the triggers.

Am I blaming my tools?

YES.

With the above changes, have I improved?

YES :D :P 

2:12.982

And I can happily now say with confidence..."and there's more in it" ;)

Yep standard GT3 R. And yes I tuned the controller to make it more sensitive. I agree that turn two and the run from the top and through the dipper is key. It is amazing how fast you can go through turn two of you get it right. There is time to be found in the cutting too. 

I hear on the grapevine that our son is getting a logitech wheel for his birthday next week! Whooda thunk it!

• 2 weeks later...

Using the controller I was down to 2:11.xxx but today I picked up a g29 and secured it to my old static rig.....so relearning again lol. Back in the teens but feel much more in control, especially with reguards to feeling and correcting under steer.

Will post time once I've had practice and crack a 2:10.

(Starting to sound like my drag racing thread lol)

Archived